0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Ah hell. New England is still gelling, Vrioni is out suspended for a red card. This would've been a chance at road points. Tough to see it without Richie or Kerr but who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i was not aware that redeeming the apple mls season pass had to be done by a certain date. looks like it was feb 1, 2024. did anyone have any luck redeeming after it expired. maybe by talking with FO? this weekend's game is only on apple tv looks like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just activated my season pass account today. tfc sent out an email on February 23 to activate it for the season opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ah hell. New England is still gelling, Vrioni is out suspended for a red card. This would've been a chance at road points. Tough to see it without Richie or Kerr but who knows.
    The Richie loss is pretty big. Hopefully we can pull out another 0-0 draw or something.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Speaking of which, Is Left Field going to be our new destination pre & post game?
    No, a place hasn't been chosen yet. There's research being done. It seems like few places in Liberty Village want to go out of their way to accommodate a football supporters group.
    Hockey and baseball and basketball are where it's at.
    We may need to go a little outside the area.
    I still miss Shoeless.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-02-2024 at 01:39 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No, a place hasn't been chosen yet. There's research being done. It seems like few places in Liberty Village want to go out of their way to accommodate a football supporters group.
    I still miss Shoeless.
    It was used for the Year End party and some went there last year, in reality it is as good as anyplace in the area. In 2022 Brazen Head went all out to have us, blocking a bunch of tables for us in the front including two big ones and people simply did not show up. It was rather unfortunate as they were willing to have us. Even offered to block a table or two for us post game, which is always busy. Not sure we have the numbers to really get a place at this point. Everyone seems to want to do their own thing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with Lorenzo likely not playing at all, is this when we finally see Mailula?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still miss Shoeless.
    Joe's was fantastic. I miss it too. They were all in, and I don't think there will ever be a spot like this again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie is confirmed to be out tomorrow. Probably a good call playing on the shittiest turf in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie is confirmed to be out tomorrow. Probably a good call playing on the shittiest turf in the league.

Sounds like a good call. I hope the issue is as minor an issue as Herdman suggested after the match. But does that mean Insigne is on the bench?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Joe's was fantastic. I miss it too. They were all in, and I don't think there will ever be a spot like this again.
    It is weird that the stadium can be packed but there’s nowhere nearby to have a pint and watch the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    It is weird that the stadium can be packed but there’s nowhere nearby to have a pint and watch the game.
    It's weird that places like Elephant and Castle can pack in 200+ for Liverpool games, yet here I am wondering where the hell I can find a single bar/restaurant that will *HOPEFULLY* have Apple TV/MLS Season pass AND put the game on.

We have completely regressed in terms of Toronto FC coverage and hype in this city.

It's really sad and disappointing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    It's weird that places like Elephant and Castle can pack in 200+ for Liverpool games, yet here I am wondering where the hell I can find a single bar/restaurant that will *HOPEFULLY* have Apple TV/MLS Season pass AND put the game on.

We have completely regressed in terms of Toronto FC coverage and hype in this city.

Manning has ruined this club, and not just on a sporting level. It's incredible MLSE has allowed this to go on for so long. Longtime fans have stopped caring and detractors can't even be bothered to make fun anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post

When I lived in Barrie or traveled down to even the GTA, I had to tell bars to put the game on. It was maddening. With it now being on Apple TV its going to be even more rare to find games to play at places that even have Apple TV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id think with Kerr being out, this is Princes time to grab the spot. I feel bad for Kerr, he was literally handed the Striker position this season and injuries may have hampered him for a majority of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Herdmann Longstaff also not on the roster today due to the turf. With his acl injury he said not worth it to risk.

MLS seriously needs to make a no turf deadline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    According to Herdmann Longstaff also not on the roster today due to the turf. With his acl injury he said not worth it to risk.

MLS seriously needs to make a no turf deadline
    Agreed. Makes a mockery of everything. Really no excuse all these years later to have teams on turf.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Sounds like a good call. I hope the issue is as minor an issue as Herdman suggested after the match. But does that mean Insigne is on the bench?
    I know grass will always be better than turf. Herdman did say that they just had the turf replaced about 3 weeks ago so hopefully it is better than it was. He said it's a bit unstable with the new rubber pellets so likely why Insigne won't play on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIUC, four of the six MLS stadiums that do not have grass pitches yet will so have by the 2026 season. For at least that season; not sure if any will revert. Those being Vancouver, Atlanta, Boston and Seattle. Thereafter, leaving Charlotte and Portland to possibly be the final two that need to be updated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IIUC, four of the six MLS stadiums that do not have grass pitches yet will so have by the 2026 season. For at least that season; not sure if any will revert. Those being Vancouver, Atlanta, Boston and Seattle. Thereafter, leaving Charlotte and Portland to possibly be the final two that need to be updated.
    And New England, which will probably only change if they’re made to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver will have grass? That comes as news to me. I would think at best it will be temporary for the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Nicksoen Gomis will get some time today. Although he mostly played centre half in England, he also played right side in a three, I think. Anyway, supposed to be quick, and I'm wondering if he'll see some time at wingback.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if Nicksoen Gomis will get some time today. Although he mostly played centre half in England, he also played right side in a three, I think. Anyway, supposed to be quick, and I'm wondering if he'll see some time at wingback.

I swear the injury report yesterday on the MLS site said he was out with a head injury....but then it updated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kit will be the whites today - NER must be wearing their blues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I swear the injury report yesterday on the MLS site said he was out with a head injury....but then it updated.
    Molinaro's preview says he trained all week, so should be good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wake up, guys. It is Gomis day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne starting? Thats a surprise.

Could possibly win this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still miss Shoeless.
    I'm thankful I left the city before the culture went away. Would have broken my heart to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just arrived at Left Field Brewery in Liberty Village, and the hostess did indeed confirm that they're showing the game at 2pm.

So far this place does appear to be friendly and accommodating, thanks for the suggestion