RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Concacaf Champions Cup 2024 - Starting February 20

Featuring, among other things.....Calgary playing against Orlando in a purple arena the other side of the Rockies Wed night.

Get ready for more Gareth Wheeler....One Soccer has the rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No to nit pick but this post is a little late to the dance. Whitecaps are already out same as Forge

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I wasn't watching and just noticed yesterday...

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2024 CONCACAF Champions Cup - Wikipedia

Wiki Link. Inter Miami towards the bottom of the bracket.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched both the Whitecaps-Tigres game recaps. Vancouver were hard done by, they were excellent value in that tie.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I watched both the Whitecaps-Tigres game recaps. Vancouver were hard done by, they were excellent value in that tie.
    Both very competitive games. Score wasn't reflective in the second one, literally a couple of excellent moments from Tigres. That Diego Lainez is a hell of a winger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^re Lainez… surprising what happened to him in Spain, he was supposed to be the successor to Chicharito, Chuck etc. Maybe it is still on for him.

Tigres are, year in year out, the most stylish, entertaining team in North America.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^re Lainez… surprising what happened to him in Spain, he was supposed to be the successor to Chicharito, Chuck etc. Maybe it is still on for him.

Tigres are, year in year out, the most stylish, entertaining team in North America.
    That cross he delivered for the go ahead goal was ridiculous, a twenty-five-yard, out-curling lateral. Indefensible by any goalie.

Their player budget is $21M, about $5M less than ours. Mind you, fairly sure they didn't spend $21M a year of that on two players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That cross he delivered for the go ahead goal was ridiculous, a twenty-five-yard, out-curling lateral. Indefensible by any goalie.

Their player budget is $21M, about $5M less than ours. Mind you, fairly sure they didn't spend $21M a year of that on two players.
    I don’t know why nobody in MLS has the idea to try to copy an elite Liga MX team. I mean, hire the whole Tigres management, give them $21M a year and a $15M transfer budget, and get out of the way.

Easier to just keep rehiring Bruce Arena and Bob Bradley I guess…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know why nobody in MLS has the idea to try to copy an elite Liga MX team. I mean, hire the whole Tigres management, give them $21M a year and a $15M transfer budget, and get out of the way.

Easier to just keep rehiring Bruce Arena and Bob Bradley I guess…
    I really don't know why MLS clubs have ignored talent in Mexico so comprehensively. I think the entire league has hired two managers from there in 20 years.

I don't think there's any doubt after our debacle, and reading Americans' reactions to it, that they're just delusional about the quality of MLS 1.0 level guys, and American 'exceptionalism' in general.

Bradley is still BELOVEd by these people. A manager who literally moved Jacob Shaffelburg to wingback from wing, and Petrasso from wingback to wing.

The next two managers moved them both back. Immediately.

He literally was from the generation that thinks players are entirely dependent on their athleticism and can be played anywhere.

Doyle's reticence in his pick of us in last is that "it can't have all been the coaching." But a lot of it was the fucking coaching.

The most influential manager in this league, in five years, is going to have been Wilfried Nancy, because his team moves as a unit and has tactical discipline that allows for long possession.

He is literally bridging the gap between tactics at a higher level and MLS.

But there are plenty of outside managers who can do that. Instead, MLS keeps recycling assistants and American college-trained coaches.