Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty interested in seeing Kerr out there as the 9 with this group.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am pretty interested in seeing Kerr out there as the 9 with this group.
    He was our best striker last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I believe he said "cramps" as he was walking off the pitch. Then again, he also said the early penalty decision was "inside" the box.
    Yeah, it’s ironic to me that the officials somehow have to do mental gymnastics when officiating Laryea. Onus should be on the defenders not to foul people in the box.

He is world class at drawing contact in there (as we saw in the WC).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    He was our best striker last season.
    Quoted for emphasis of shock and agreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    3-0 loss if we continue where we left off...
    How’s the Humble Pie tasting, 🤩 Just having a laugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to get ahead of myself, especially considering the last few years, but I feel pleasantly hopeful about this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I hate to get ahead of myself, especially considering the last few years, but I feel pleasantly hopeful about this team.
    Craig Forrest said after that performance, it's clear TFC "will be difficult to beat."

I'm a lot more optimistic, but we need to get the offence clicking. We need a striker who's on another level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Craig Forrest said after that performance, it's clear TFC "will be difficult to beat."

I'm a lot more optimistic, but we need to get the offence clicking. We need a striker who's on another level.
    I'm going to reserve any judgement until 4-5 games in but agreed in if we had an above average striker we would be a much better squad.

However, I also think we are a few injuries away from being disastrous again. Like what happens if Deybi and Long go down injured?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    How’s the Humble Pie tasting, 朗 Just having a laugh
    Haha....well the key words were "if we continue where we left off". I don't mind being wrong in this case. I am glad we didn't continue where we left off. I was really having a hard time watching the games last year at a certain point. If they can be competitive I will take it this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Haha....well the key words were "if we continue where we left off". I don't mind being wrong in this case. I am glad we didn't continue where we left off. I was really having a hard time watching the games last year at a certain point. If they can be competitive I will take it this year.
    Exactly. Nobody who predicted a loss in this game was wrong ... it was always caveated with "if Herdman can't affect change and if everything is the same as last year." So it seems like what he's doing is working. But we still have to reserve complete judgement until like 10 games in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But we still have to reserve complete judgement until like 10 games in.
    I agree but unless we get someone who can score somewhat regularly, and I don't think we have anyone who can consistently manage that on our squad, I bet our record will be similar to what it was last year under Bob before the Vape-plosion sunk the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding getting a striker. I understand and shared the general thought that there may be MLSE, as well as, MLS budget constraints at play. Yet, I wonder, other than roster benefits/implications around a 3rd DP for the club, if money is the primary driving concern; regardless of how believable and logical that reality seems so. Why? Well I keep asking myself how much has Herdman’s et al on-boarding cost? Suspect, so far, at least an amount between CAD3.5to5M. Maybe factions of the Board prefer and are trying to keep TFC a distressed asset for the foreseeable future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Regarding getting a striker. I understand and shared the general thought that there may be MLSE, as well as, MLS budget constraints at play. Yet, I wonder, other than roster benefits/implications around a 3rd DP for the club, if money is the primary driving concern; regardless of how believable and logical that reality seems so. Why? Well I keep asking myself how much has Herdman’s et al on-boarding cost? Suspect, so far, at least an amount between CAD3.5to5M. Maybe factions of the Board prefer and are trying to keep TFC a distressed asset for the foreseeable future?
    I think they will use the next few months to test what we have. If it fails I would hope they would go all out getting a proven striker in the summer window and shipping off some. Loan Cash back to SA etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Toronto have violated the Mass Confrontation Policy for the first time this season, and an Official Warning has been issued to the club and head coach John Herdman.

Due to their roles in the mass confrontation, Toronto FC defender Richie Laryea and forwards Federico Bernardeschi and Lorenzo Insigne have been fined an undisclosed amount for inciting and/or escalating a mass confrontation.“

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/new-e...owing-red-card

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^No problem. I don’t care.

That was a bs non-call, that ref should have brandished yellow immediately.

I get that they are replacement refs, but I am glad to see our stars stand up for their teammate.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^No problem. I don’t care.

That was a bs non-call, that ref should have brandished yellow immediately.

I get that they are replacement refs, but I am glad to see our stars stand up for their teammate.
    They were so generally poor that Busquets came out yesterday and admitted Marky didn't even touch him, and that it shouldn't have been a red, and that they probably wouldn't have tied the game without it.

After the LA/Miami game, Messi allegedly told the ref he was terrible. If you're a ref, is that the world's most stinging condemnation, when the best player in history thinks you should hang it up?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They were so generally poor that Busquets came out yesterday and admitted Marky didn't even touch him, and that it shouldn't have been a red, and that they probably wouldn't have tied the game without it.

After the LA/Miami game, Messi allegedly told the ref he was terrible. If you're a ref, is that the world's most stinging condemnation, when the best player in history thinks you should hang it up?
    Never thought we'd ever feel like we're missing the regular MLS refs, as poor as some of them are. The replacement refs are even worse.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto