Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the few, true Toronto sports greats of the past 50 years. By way of his play, his devotion to the team, the city, and his of person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A significant part of my immediate family were from/in Rome. Most, the overwhelming majority, are Romanisti, the rest few are Laziali et al. I will always remember during the Y12/13 SerieA season my relatives frequently mentioning an… ‘L’Americano’ to us, in a good way, as if America and Canada were one and the same and to be proud of him. Lo and behold he shortly came to TFC, along with the great memories soon there after of all that happened with his arrival.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 10-21-2023 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tears.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A significant part of my immediate family were from/in Rome. Most, the overwhelming majority, are Romanisti, the rest few are Laziali et al. I will always remember during the Y12/13 SerieA season my relatives frequently mentioning an… ‘L’Americano’ to us, in a good way, as if America and Canada were one and the same and to be proud of him. Lo and behold he shortly came to TFC, along with the great memories soon there after of all that happened with his arrival.
    Nice story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some extremely predictable Michael Bradley news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    In some extremely predictable Michael Bradley news.

LOL. it was the right decision to fire my dad- but you know ill learn from him now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all the steps MB might have chosen to develop his post playing career … this might be the one least likely to have any positive effect. Although I guess it may only be for a few weeks.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh.... not the smart move. From "nothing lined up" to "Hi Dad" in 4 days.

Shoulda waited a week & make it at least look like he doesn't need connections to move forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this give us a hint about what the TFC succession plan was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, his two obvious paths were this and join the staff at Toronto FC, a toxic as hell environment (That you maybe are contributing to the toxicity of, depending on who you believe from the big Athletic article) and a team likely to continue failing

This is the better of those options. He maybe could have tried to go another road, but can't blame him for taking the quicker in and it could be a decent opening for him. He needs to not be part of his dads coaching team the next time one of them starts a new job, though. This needs to be very short term for his sake. But do this for a season or two, get a bit of a rep and see what comes your way? I don't see it as being that bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I always had Bradley pegged to go to Holland back to a club he was at like heerenveen or some low key place like that where he’s got contacts to get experience in a league that’s fairly good at mentoring and grooming coaches. English speaking country while he speaks some Dutch means family wouldn’t have an issue either integrating

But Heading right for his dads side a day after seasons end says all there is about what woulda happened if dad was still around lol. Not sure why he’d want to go back under his father like that instead of blazing his own trail.

At any rate, good luck to em

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A reminder that this is an appreciation thread. Further MB discussion should be in the MB thread: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?35391-The-Michael-Bradley-thread/page21

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto