Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1713
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The team is now in California for the second part of training camp. Isn't this where we were promised by Hernandez and Herdman more bodies in camp?
    Yeh, jloome mentioned they are really close to 2 moves which they've been trying to close before this camp....we shall see.
    &
    It looks like moving out people is tough which is not helping Hernandez & Herdman look good to us who want to see change.

Personally I think people should give up on the idea of moving out the DP's before the summer - it ain't gonna happen. Beyond that..Blessing, Rosted...not sure who else could / would be moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, jloome mentioned they are really close to 2 moves which they've been trying to close before this camp....we shall see.
    &
    It looks like moving out people is tough which is not helping Hernandez & Herdman look good to us who want to see change.

Personally I think people should give up on the idea of moving out the DP's before the summer - it ain't gonna happen. Beyond that..Blessing, Rosted...not sure who else could / would be moved.
    Even just getting those two in has issues. We cleared over $1M in cap space, but we only have four (possibly three if Sharp signs) roster spots, and they're supplementals. So we'll need to move people off the main team roster, somehow, which might include both contractual issues and lower their possible value late in contract.

And then on top of that we have no international slots left, so unless we can trade some GAM for one, we're looking at MLS or USL players, basically (although there are quite a few decent free agents still available).

Hmmm... I wonder if we get the slot back we traded with Jimenez now that he's out of the league? I suspect not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt they sign sharpe to the big club probs a tfc2 deal if that,where did we clear 1 mil in cap space?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder if we get the slot back we traded with Jimenez now that he's out of the league? I suspect not.
    Yes. It was only traded for a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Yes. It was only traded for a year.
    So that should revert to us shortly if it hasn't already.

Duncan McGuire's agent is shopping him online, since he's lost the starting gig in Orlando to Luis Muriel and Blackburn fucked up his contract.

Doesn't want to sit as number two for a year.

I imagine as he's on an option year, he could technically tell Orlando to fuck off, but they still hold his MLS rights, so any other team trying to get him would have to trade for those.

His agent is shopping him immediately because he wants playing time, so I suspect he'll sign a short term deal with Orlando, then be loaned out to another MLS club.

That way they protect their transfer fee if he goes in summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i doubt they sign sharpe to the big club probs a tfc2 deal if that,where did we clear 1 mil in cap space?
    Hedges, MAK, Michael principally, a few smaller deals. They took up $2.4M in salary and just over $1.9M on the cap. We used less than one cap max charge ($651K) on Blessed. I suspect we're in the ballpark of 300-400K for Flores. So we'd be around $1M, maybe slightly less.

EDIT: I'm forgetting Owusu and Mailula. I don't know what their charges are. I suspect Owusu is sub-cap and Mailuila is a u22 initiative. So it might be more like 500k-600K, plus whatever we saved on the cuts from last year (Romero, Themi, any others?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, there are additional players in California with the team. They are trialists though, so don't expect any big names. Most likely lower tier MLS guys trying to earn a contract or some USL/CPL players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, there are additional players in California with the team. They are trialists though, so don't expect any big names. Most likely lower tier MLS guys trying to earn a contract or some USL/CPL players.

There are still a bunch of MLS free agents available, and a bunch of countries with open transfer windows, including Norway, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My figures differ. I got about USD2.675M in available Cap space without any consideration for DF’s wage. I got 16 Senior Roster spots filled and that includes DF; leaving two more, 17 & 18, that must be assigned/filled and another two additional, 19 and 20, available if required. Also, all International Spots (8MLS+3Canada=11) utilized.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-09-2024 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probs
    Herdman knows where to find good talent, it seems. Three Nova Scotian boys on trial with TFC. More likely TFC II though.

could it be these 3 guys on trail in cali? probs tfc 2
    Last edited by reggie; 02-09-2024 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the blurt that accompanied that very suspect ‘Emiliano Garcia’ rumour of meeting the team in the US for a medical may have some truth to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Neil Davidsons latest article is this quote from Herdman. The two weeks meme is so back.

"What I can say is that I'm expecting some signings in the next two weeks," he said. "I would assume I'm going to have some in prior to that LAFC game (on Feb. 17). That would be the mission of the front office to make sure that I can get at least a game or two under the belt of any new signing."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Neil Davidsons latest article is this quote from Herdman. The two weeks meme is so back.

"What I can say is that I'm expecting some signings in the next two weeks," he said. "I would assume I'm going to have some in prior to that LAFC game (on Feb. 17). That would be the mission of the front office to make sure that I can get at least a game or two under the belt of any new signing."
    I think from that article you can tell that Herdman is getting a crash course on the nuances of managing a club vs national team. Also, both he and Hernandez are clearly learning as they go. I don’t think that bodes particularly well given the situation at hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don’t see it in Hernandez. Truth be told I didn’t see it in Bez either but he proved me wrong. I just feel like he’s in the wrong role and is not the experienced guy this club needs at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone comes in that late, we sort of get screwed anyway because it usually takes time for them to integrate with the team. Feels like a scenario we’ve seen before.

I am still fully of the view we are not serious about competing this year. That could be because the people in charge are hopeless or the board has so little faith in the management team at TFC, they put in place significant constraints which prevent us from making the decisions we need to improve quickly.

Feels like you have to go through a lot of mental gymnastics to believe this team will be worth watching in 2024.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Feels like you have to go through a lot of mental gymnastics to believe this team will be worth watching in 2024.
    Honestly the only things worth watching are to see if Herdman can make anything better than wooden spoon champs out of the trash at hand and also if he can manage & get anything even sort of useful from our DPs.

But that's all not likely to remain interesting long and it's going to get old & ugly fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    My figures differ.
    LOL, I dont' have figures, really, I'm just figuring off the top of my head. I'll be surprised if it's that much, though. Suspect there are charges in there that are not obvious.

EDIT: Okay, I had us at 6.2M but then realized I'm counting the DPs as max cap hits when they're actually almost half that. But that still puts us at about $5.4M

What am I missing? How do you figure we have that much? I'm working off the 2023 salary guide.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-10-2024 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I dont' have figures, really, I'm just figuring off the top of my head. I'll be surprised if it's that much, though. Suspect there are charges in there that are not obvious. EDIT: Okay, I had us at 6.2M but then realized I'm counting the DPs as max cap hits when they're actually almost half that. But that still puts us at about $5.4M. What am I missing? How do you figure we have that much? I'm working off the 2023 salary guide.
    My Calculations: Quick & Dirty…

Budget: Without any consideration to discrepancies from actual GAM & TAM application intricacies…
    Y24 REAL MONEY: US$5,470,000.00

Y24 GAM: US$2,585,000.00
    Y24 GAM BY TRADES: US$100,000.00

Y24 TAM: US$2,225,000.00
    TTL@ US$10,380,000.00

Using Y23 MLS USD Guaranteed Compensation figures…

SR01 LI $683,750.00
    SR02 FB $683,750.00
    SR03 JO $683,750.00
    SR04 RP $856,625.00
    SR05 SR $768,636.00
    SR06 PO $707,500.00
    SR07 SJ $683,013.00
    SR08 LB $665,000.00
    SR09 AD $585,000.00
    SR10 BS $530,833.00
    SR11 SO $388,000.00
    SR12 LG $70,827.00
    SR13 DF $000,000.00
    SR14 AA $200,000.00
    SR15 CM $200,000.00
    SR16 ??? Luke Singh @ US$93,410.00??? Not Applied!

SR17 ???Jordan Perruzza @ US$132,500.00??? Not Applied!
    SR18
    SR19
    SR20
    TTL@ $ $7,706,684.00
    Remaining Cap at about $2,673,316.00… With a DF $ charge still not applied! Also Spots 16 & 17!

International Spots: 11 Spots; 8 regular MLS + 3 extra for Canada…
    E1 LI
    E2 FB
    E3 RP
    R1 SR
    R2 PO
    R3 LB
    R4 AD
    R5 DF
    R6 CM
    R7 AC
    R8 TS
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-10-2024 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    My Calculations: Quick & Dirty…

Budget: Without any consideration to discrepancies from actual GAM & TAM application intricacies…
    Y24 REAL MONEY: US$5,470,000.00

Y24 GAM: US$2,585,000.00
    Y24 GAM BY TRADES: US$100,000.00

Y24 TAM: US$2,225,000.00
    TTL@ US$10,380,000.00

Using Y23 MLS USD Guaranteed Compensation figures…

SR01 LI $683,750.00
    SR02 FB $683,750.00
    SR03 JO $683,750.00
    SR04 RP $856,625.00
    SR05 SR $768,636.00
    SR06 PO $707,500.00
    SR07 SJ $683,013.00
    SR08 LB $665,000.00
    SR09 AD $585,000.00
    SR10 BS $530,833.00
    SR11 SO $388,000.00
    SR12 LG $70,827.00
    SR13 DF $000,000.00
    SR14 AA $200,000.00
    SR15 CM $200,000.00
    SR16 ??? Luke Singh @ US$93,410.00??? Not Applied!

SR17 ???Jordan Perruzza @ US$132,500.00??? Not Applied!
    SR18
    SR19
    SR20
    TTL@ $ $7,706,684.00
    Remaining Cap at about $2,673,316.00… With a DF $ charge still not applied! Also Spots 16 & 17!

International Spots: 11 Spots; 8 regular MLS + 3 extra for Canada…
    E1 LI
    E2 FB
    E3 RP
    R1 SR
    R2 PO
    R3 LB
    R4 AD
    R5 DF
    R6 CM
    R7 AC
    R8 TS
    Ah, you've got the TAM and GAM totals! Wow. We have a shitload of GAM and TAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get ready for TFC to announce Junior Hoilett as our big offseason signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pointed out some time ago that our financial situation may not be as bad as some have posted.

Ah, you've got the TAM and GAM totals! Wow. We have a shitload of GAM and TAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    I pointed out some time ago that our financial situation may not be as bad as some have posted.
    Given that we only have four spots to fill, I'd say it's pretty good.

Less good is that we only have four spots to fill.

Maybe we can flog some of the supplementals and yutes for MLS funny money, freeing up some spots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For clarification… The GAM & TAM figures are just the ones offered in the MLSPA for Y24. IIUC, one of those two, suspect GAM, are allowed to be banked, not all used and/or via trades, and carried over for a limited number of years. So there would be the possibility of having more GAM than I’ve mentioned. We have likely none more though given the financial predicaments of the club these past few seasons.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-10-2024 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get ready for TFC to announce Junior Hoilett as our big offseason signing.
    Maybe someone like a Salvatore Mazzaferro/CB as a return in any trade for Latif Blessing with Austin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I just don’t see it in Hernandez. Truth be told I didn’t see it in Bez either but he proved me wrong. I just feel like he’s in the wrong role and is not the experienced guy this club needs at the moment.
    I don't see it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I don't see it either.
    I had pretty good feelings about bez because of his pedigree and experience. Might not have been a GM but he started in MLS HQ. was in the system and knew the paperwork, knew the steps and the process. Understood the rules and knew even if he'd never GM'd in his life - knew where the opportunities were and gaps in the cap/team building to work a roster into prime shape. He had all the knowledge assets banked up and he just had to apply them.

Hernandez comes from nothing, so ye i'm with you guys - he's basically got the role for being in the right place at the right time in an organization who needed to plug holes asap and needed good guys who would be allies with Manning. Might have an MBA now, but MBA doesn't teach you how to become an GM or even a leader lol. You recite case studies and its paper leadership to get yourself a higher salary at base. But most his knowledge was gained through 3-4 of TFC's shittiest run years ever lol with some of the shittiest managers and backsupport staff ever, and if he's getting 'how to be a leader' type career vice from Manning he aint getting much pedigree there either. He's stumbling through the rules and the manual on how to be a GM and a leader in real time, and were basically his sandbox of trial and error - he doesn't have any first mover advantage like Bez did on being a master of the rulebook - so with all due respect to em anyone here who's managed personalities and people, understand detailed MLS rules, understands how to run a budget and plan vs. actuals - could have slid into that job like Hernandez and evolved at his same pace. I don't have it out for him- I hope he grows and becomes a beast and our albright. But he's startin at a much lower bar to impress from
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 02-11-2024 at 12:55 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hernandez has way longer experience in an MLS fron office than bez had btw.

Trying to write him off or brand him a genius at this point is silly.

We can judge him in a year.

Talk on Twitter is that tfc beat the crew 2 0 or 2 1 today btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

Yeah I really don't understand a rush to judgement either way yet, we know literally nothing about what he's capable of in this role, and won't for quite a bit. Nobody was popping champagne when Bez was appointed, we'll have to wait and see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opening game - 2 weeks today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

My issue is less with Hernandez individually, more so with the overall setup. We have a GM who has never held the position before and a coach who is new to club football. Taken in isolation this feels like a stretch. Add in their boss having a poor track record, a team culture that appears to be rotten, and various complications around legacy contracts and roster construction... I find it hard to believe this is the beginning of turning it around.

Edit: my primary source of positivity would be Herman's profile. But I struggle to believe that even he could cut through all the crap he's saddled with at TFC.