Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Late to the party on this but this quote struck me...

Are the ticket reps not telling him something or are these numbers accurate? Based on the discussion here, you would think renewals are at 50% or less.
    They have every incentive to lie here and pretty much no penalty for doing so.

I wouldn’t put a number on it but my bet is run-off is more than normal and probably a headache for people internally to explain to their bosses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the ticket reps not telling him something or are these numbers accurate? Based on the discussion here, you would think renewals are at 50% or less.
    This came out before my ticket rep even called me to get my new credit card info so technically I counted as part of the 83% as I was on auto renewal. Auto renewals are probably a huge part of that 83% but I could have easily said no and I assume that's happened a few times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if those numbers are true, a 15-20% loss of ssh is still significant. The ssh fan base accounts for most of the attendance and if this historically loyal group drop has this type of drop off, I imagine walk up/casual crowds will be impacted more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When hardcore fans are negative, it's always more pronounced than the general public's reaction. Most season ticket holders aren't sitting in the supporter's section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I expect renewal to not be as bad as some people expect, but 19% would be pretty horrific. If we actually turned 21,000 season ticket holders into 17,000, while paying wages that I'm sure were approved with the promise of a season ticket wait list, that's pretty dismal for Manning. I'd actually expect us to do slightly better than that, but that has to be significantly below the target he would have been given two years ago

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Based on the discussion here, you would think renewals are at 50% or less.
    Never base general TFC member opinion on a discussion in here, on reddit, on twitter, or facebook

there is no bluesky TFC talk yet, from what I can gather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying the numbers are accurate or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if many SSH renewed due to having a Messi home game with the possibility of either seeing that match or selling it at a huge upcharge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I'm not saying the numbers are accurate or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if many SSH renewed due to having a Messi home game with the possibility of either seeing that match or selling it at a huge upcharge
    See this is the funny part about numbers. Any downdraft here from plutonic results is being partially mitigated by the possibility of Messi and a general rise in interest ahead of WC26.

If the board was smart (they are not) they would be horrified at the amount of dollars left off the table and would likely be firing Manning out of a cannon straight into Lake Ontario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This club was marketing a season ticket holder wait list in the summer. My gut says the renewals number is marketing spin that the excitement at BMO is still there and now’s the time to buy season tix.

The truth will be revealed in the stands next year that will then be over inflated by the game attendance statisticians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Never base general TFC member opinion on a discussion in here, on reddit, on twitter, or facebook

there is no bluesky TFC talk yet, from what I can gather.
    This.

Their messaging for renewals is explicit about the Miami game. That’s probably contributing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This.

Their messaging for renewals is explicit about the Miami game. That’s probably contributing.
    And even with that and the price freeze the renewal numbers are still going down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    i mean he posted a picture with a pen and contract with thumbs up - im not sure why he would post that instead of a scenic view of italy
    Yea I think you looked way too much into this. He's just back at his house in Naples with his framed jerseys from Napoli / Italy / TFC in the background.
    He was obviously going back to Naples in the off season, like last year. He even tagged TFC in the post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Yea I think you looked way too much into this. He's just back at his house in Naples with his framed jerseys from Napoli / Italy / TFC in the background.
    He was obviously going back to Naples in the off season, like last year. He even tagged TFC in the post.

I do apologize to everyone - not my intention- I was up early and saw his IG post- he could have done anything then sit a table- even more so I do hope it happens- I was very excited as I have not opted in to my season tickets as of yet or havent paid so this was a good start in the right direction.

Then I hear Osorio speak and it really seems like everyone is coming back and if any movement happens it wont be any of the larger contracts TFC has- again based on my take away from Osorio's interview before he flew to Florida.

My apologies - I really do think there are nicer pictures to post of naples or italy SMH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I do apologize to everyone - not my intention- I was up early and saw his IG post- he could have done anything then sit a table- even more so I do hope it happens- I was very excited as I have not opted in to my season tickets as of yet or havent paid so this was a good start in the right direction.

Then I hear Osorio speak and it really seems like everyone is coming back and if any movement happens it wont be any of the larger contracts TFC has- again based on my take away from Osorio's interview before he flew to Florida.

My apologies - I really do think there are nicer pictures to post of naples or italy SMH
    Not to worry, all is good.

Back to TFC’s off-season plans for a minute… I’m not certain where they are going to focus beyond finding a replacement for Hedges. There are enough areas on this team that seem uncertain, we could almost assume they are getting players for any position.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83% ticket renewal, similar to last season at same point.

This fanbase really deserves a better team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This.

I vacation in the Ft. Lauderdale area every summer. 2022 3 tickets and parking cost $75 US, 2023 2 tickets and parking cost $490 US and the stadium was packed. Toronto is a much larger market than Miami, when Messi comes here for his only game the resale prices will be crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So what your saying is I had a pair of tics for the whole season and could charge anybody not on this site lots more money for this messi game this might pay for the pair ???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Investing through TFC tickets is not a good idea

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying ST in hope of selling off the messi ones doesn't seem a sound investment.

Especially w his injury record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Buying ST in hope of selling off the messi ones doesn't seem a sound investment.

Especially w his injury record.
    Yup. If you’re renewing for this game better check your expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought is, if you were on the fence, this might help justify sticking around.

The chance of seeing Messi or the chance of selling your tickets for one game and recovering a lot of your money is a decent feature. No guarantees of course but it is a better feature than some of the other crap TFC has tried to peddle to have fans stick around.

The real damage will likely be done in the secondary market, in single seat sales. SSH’s will flood the market if the team does poorly and it will be a race to the bottom for prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The real damage will likely be done in the secondary market, in single seat sales. SSH’s will flood the market if the team does poorly and it will be a race to the bottom for prices.
    The real damage will be done if he's aged out and isn't the world's best anymore.

Didn't score in his last six MLS games, didn't score yesterday against Uruguay, 37 years old.

If he winds up with 10 goals, are people going to be disappointed? I'm not saying it's that far gone yet, based on his first handful of Miami games, but teams adjusted reasonably quickly to him running the middle of the box.

It's one thing for people to say "he always does it, he did it every league." It's another thing to be able to keep doing it at 37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t know if we still have rights to sign him but this looks somewhat interesting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember people showing up hoping to see Pirlo

His last season - a lot of this happened

Rooney, Gerrard (although he didn't travel his one season when he was to play here), Drogba, Lampard, Pirlo...people are drawn to see their heroes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI… FWIW…

Updated/replaced previous citation, plagiarized!?, with primary source.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-18-2023 at 01:13 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the people who sell their tickets right out of the gate when they become available in account manager in February will do well as they will be people who will be the mindset of not wanting to risk not getting tickets. Southend early on will be at least $200-$250, maybe more on the secondary market. I think the SSH who want to take a more wait and see approach will be taking a risk, as there will be a camp of buyers who will also take the approach, not wanting to end up with some very expensive tickets and Messi not playing, which some faced this past season.

My thought is, if you were on the fence, this might help justify sticking around.

The chance of seeing Messi or the chance of selling your tickets for one game and recovering a lot of your money is a decent feature. No guarantees of course but it is a better feature than some of the other crap TFC has tried to peddle to have fans stick around.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will never forget the Beckham game in 2007 with all the flash bulbs etc when he took a spot on the bench styling quite the suit. The resale market was quite strong for that one, I did quite well with my extra pair. It paid for many season tickets for that first season.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I remember people showing up hoping to see Pirlo

His last season - a lot of this happened

Rooney, Gerrard (although he didn't travel his one season when he was to play here), Drogba, Lampard, Pirlo...people are drawn to see their heroes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t know if we still have rights to sign him but this looks somewhat interesting.
    Draft rights last two years, so we should still have them. but if he returned to school, I'm not sure if that makes him re-draft able (and maybe the two years is only for players who turn pro)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Draft rights last two years, so we should still have them. but if he returned to school, I'm not sure if that makes him re-draft able (and maybe the two years is only for players who turn pro)
    We choose him in 2023, 64th overall. We seem to still have his rights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see that? I want him back.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”