0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. That's criminal. There should be minimum minute requirements in contracts to prevent con artists like him from doing shit like this.
    A pretty strong sign of how flawed business has been under Manning and was under Bob.

Did we not perform a physical before he signed? Are we too stupid to do one properly? Does nobody further up the ladder ask why we are giving a multi-year contract to a broken down golf cart? In an organization with basic controls and checks & balances, this deal never happens.

Time to retire Bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    A pretty strong sign of how flawed business has been under Manning and was under Bob.

Did we not perform a physical before he signed? Are we too stupid to do one properly? Does nobody further up the ladder ask why we are giving a multi-year contract to a broken down golf cart? In an organization with basic controls and checks & balances, this deal never happens.

Time to retire Bill.
    I told him last year that giving Bob carte blanche was the biggest mistake he'd made to date. He did not disagree. EDIT: Although if I'm being frank, I thought he was a great hire at the time.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-24-2024 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kit number changes

Akinola switches from #20 to #9
    Coello switches from #52 to #14
    Flores takes #20 (formerly Akinola)
    Owusu switches from #25 to #99 (formerly Diomande)
    Long previously announced as #5

https://www.torontofc.ca/roster/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iké Ugbo can’t stop scoring as he gets his brace just before the half!

5 goals in his last 4 matches and is up to 9 goals this season. He’s doing everything possible to be part of Canada’s upcoming match against Trinidad and Tobago 🇨🇦

https://twitter.com/tv_jjd/status/17...rwVJdabTg&s=19

This would be a good signing for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the dressing room being the Bradleys and maybe MAK vs the rest, I keep going back to that goal where Michael completely fucked up giving away a goal, and after the match Bob tried olympic level mental gymnastics to shift the blame to Pozuelo. All I know is if I was in the dressing room and saw that I'd think "Okay, so there's them and there's us, that's how it is".

For our sake this season I hope it's true, if it is, the Italians may come out of the gates firing. If they do, if they show up with a point to prove, we'll surprise people. Definitely not 'contenders for the cup' surprise, but I have said before those are two players with MVP level ceilings. They've been far, far, far from that so far and I'm not optimistic they'll get there but if they do come out trying to prove people wrong they could still be serious weapons in this league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been a skeptic of Osorio having the armband on this forum, however, the fact that this is the first season without Bradley as the captain will be such a massive cult e change. It’s a full refresh. A different voice, no father/son crap just a hard working Toronto kid whose always wanted the best for this club.

I still love MB4 and not Oso can be as good of a leader (different style for sure) but the change was desperately needed.

As we get closer to Sunday, my fanaticism is taking over and I’m feeling that glimmer of sun, hope and spring. We can’t possibly be as bad as we were last year. That was the worst MLS team of all time. We’re not going to win it this year but we better be putting in a shift each and every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Flores would want Guevara's number...Honduran legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    On the dressing room being the Bradleys and maybe MAK vs the rest, I keep going back to that goal where Michael completely fucked up giving away a goal, and after the match Bob tried olympic level mental gymnastics to shift the blame to Pozuelo. All I know is if I was in the dressing room and saw that I'd think "Okay, so there's them and there's us, that's how it is".

For our sake this season I hope it's true, if it is, the Italians may come out of the gates firing. If they do, if they show up with a point to prove, we'll surprise people. Definitely not 'contenders for the cup' surprise, but I have said before those are two players with MVP level ceilings. They've been far, far, far from that so far and I'm not optimistic they'll get there but if they do come out trying to prove people wrong they could still be serious weapons in this league
    That’d be nice. I just don’t see how this midfield gets them the ball in the right places or they get the necessary front man to feed the ball to. The two of them as part of a forward 3 as well… not enough speed there.

Think goals are still going to be scarce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oxygenatedbrain View Post
    I thought Flores would want Guevara's number...Honduran legend.
    Good catch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell- Rowe starting for the defending champs pisses me off. Gave him away for nothing another horrible decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Russell- Rowe starting for the defending champs pisses me off. Gave him away for nothing another horrible decision.
    I agree. Although, good for him. The more Canadians we have started across the league the better. He also missed a really nice set up from Farsi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC’s availability for tomorrows season opener against Cincinnati 🔴⚪️❌

Deandre Kerr (Out)
    Nickseon Gomis (Out)
    Jordan Perruzza (Out)
    Tyrese Spicer (With TFC II)

#TFCLive

https://twitter.com/TouchlineTFC/sta...uxmbmC7Dg&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, that's awesome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(also beginning to think that one reason why Herdman didn't take over before the last game is he didn't want to deal with a certain overly serious bald headed dude)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    (also beginning to think that one reason why Herdman didn't take over before the last game is he didn't want to deal with a certain overly serious bald headed dude)
    I would not argue that point. Indeed, Herdman and his staff are very aware of the psychology of what can’t be done and what needs to happen.

I do remember Herdman mentioned that he had sat down with Micheal and asked him if he was 100% committed. I’m sure he asked the same question of several players but we all kind of knew what the answer would be from Micheal to that one. (I’m sure I would have given that same answer if I was in his shoes.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deandre Kerr (Out)
    Nickseon Gomis (Out)
    Jordan Perruzza (Out)

#TFCLive

So Ayo is the only available striker? Great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

Yes, this is our only hope - that it was the Bradleys that were problem and not the Italians, and now that the Bradleys are gone the Italians will be fine.

If it's still the Italians who are the problem we're fucked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So Ayo is the only available striker? Great.
    No, prince is available too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    No, prince is available too
    Prince and Cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Owusu time to shine. If he can get some playing time with Kerr injured, maybe the team and Herdman can be shown thats hes our #9 going forward... The front office must have seen something in him to sign him. I am sure other teams wanted him last summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also love that we are targeting younger players now. Nicksoen Gomis seems like the kind of player the team can grow with. Tall CB's with pace always do well for Toronto FC. I am excited to see what he does this season and beyond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    This is Owusu time to shine. If he can get some playing time with Kerr injured, maybe the team and Herdman can be shown thats hes our #9 going forward... The front office must have seen something in him to sign him. I am sure other teams wanted him last summer
    I would like to see him get an extended chance. He seems from his Germany time that he needs a streak to get going.

But they're starting Ayo because he came into pre-season extremely fit and scored twice. The other forwards did not score. So he gets the nod. Old-fashioned logic, but it generally holds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deandre Kerr (Out)
    Nickseon Gomis (Out)
    Jordan Perruzza (Out)

#TFCLive

Perruzza is still with the team? I thought he was released in the off season for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Perruzza is still with the team? I thought he was released in the off season for some reason.
    Nah, signed through 2024 with an option for 2025. Why at this point I'm not sure.

Based on how they handled Diomande, we were pretty liberal with the contracts. Diomande should've been on a short-term incentive-based deal until he could prove he was fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I would like to see him get an extended chance. He seems from his Germany time that he needs a streak to get going.

But they're starting Ayo because he came into pre-season extremely fit and scored twice. The other forwards did not score. So he gets the nod. Old-fashioned logic, but it generally holds.
    Yeah even coming into camp in shape, I am just not seeing the Ayo love at all.. Being in shape doesn't mean squat if his hamstring or legs can keep up for a full 90. He reminds me too much of a younger Jozy. He just floats and waits for the play to happen instead of being involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the return of Laryea on the heels of the other recent acquisitions, am I being overly optimistic in thinking that if we stay relatively healthy, this roster could make the playoffs? On paper at least, I think we have the potential.

One thing I am certain of is that John Herdman will continue to work tirelessly to get the most out of his players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    With the return of Laryea on the heels of the other recent acquisitions, am I being overly optimistic in thinking that if we stay relatively healthy, this roster could make the playoffs? On paper at least, I think we have the potential.

One thing I am certain of is that John Herdman will continue to work tirelessly to get the most out of his players.
    It's optimistic and I'm assuming we miss out, but it is worth remembering 2/3 of the league makes the play off. The bar to clear to make the play offs in this league is "Don't be complete and utter shit". We were in contention for a shockingly long time last year despite never clearing the "Don't be complete and utter shit" bar. Basically, I would never rule out any team from squeaking in, it only takes a bit of luck and not being completely incompetent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Yeah even coming into camp in shape, I am just not seeing the Ayo love at all.. Being in shape doesn't mean squat if his hamstring or legs can keep up for a full 90. He reminds me too much of a younger Jozy. He just floats and waits for the play to happen instead of being involved
    I think every striker will be on a short leash.

I also think Herdmann will use the bench more then Bob, based on his comments about Insigne.

Neither Ayo or Insigne will play the full 90 today. I could see a 70 min swap for both.

Better then Bob where we wait till 85th minute to make any chance