Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Is Diomande still here? If so is he healthy? Moreover, if he is still with the team why? He is a 34 year old striker who hadn’t played in ages before last season and on top of that gets injured early in the season last season and doesn’t play at all . They are allowed a one time buyout of a contract right ? It would open much needed cap space am I correct ? So why have they not done this yet with this guy , why is he still here ?
    Maybe we're saving the buyout for Rosted or Petreta. Depending on how the player acquisition goes any of them could be redundant. All of them are on boat anchor contracts. We may have had some plan of using it on berna if we could loan him out. We can use it anytime during the year now. So there really is no rush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    It's hard to imagine that there's a distinct possiblity that a Canadian playing in Serie A might actually have a bigger impact over there than a couple of Italian "stars" have playing in MLS this year ...
    If you’re going down that route you might point out that this Canadian was overlooked by us in the draft. I couldn’t believe when we passed on both Tajon and St. Claire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Maybe we're saving the buyout for Rosted or Petreta. Depending on how the player acquisition goes any of them could be redundant. All of them are on boat anchor contracts. We may have had some plan of using it on berna if we could loan him out. We can use it anytime during the year now. So there really is no rush.
    Petretta (856k) and Rosted (768k), although overpaid, can be useful. Diomande (585k) has yet to prove any use.
    Basically to me of the three, if I get rid of Petretta or Rosted am I getting a replacement player for 175k-250k (the difference between their salary and Diomande) that it would be better to keep Dio over them? I think Dio has to be the way to go on a buyout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm told they have two more deals in the pipeline that are close to being done, but are down to the nitty gritty that makes or breaks it. No more details than that.

I've asked about the shirts again and the whole "home as away" thing. I'm not optimistic.

On the upside, the coaching staff is apparently happy with the effort so far, most of the team has surpassed their fitness test needs. Diomande is healthy, apparently, although who knows how long that will last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm told they have two more deals in the pipeline that are close to being done, but are down to the nitty gritty that makes or breaks it. No more details than that.

I've asked about the shirts again and the whole "home as away" thing. I'm not optimistic.

On the upside, the coaching staff is apparently happy with the effort so far, most of the team has surpassed their fitness test needs. Diomande is healthy, apparently, although who knows how long that will last.
    Two more deals after Pierre-Gabriel ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Two more deals after Pierre-Gabriel ?
    No idea. I suspect he'd be one of the two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a little early for that.

Yeah, looks bad right now.

But if we don't get reinforcements, it'll be about seeing whether Herdman gets more and better out of them. At least then we'll know if we have a coach.
    I just look at the league's transaction tracker. I mean we are coming off a wooden spoon and closing in on the wooden spoon for offseason moves. Even if we get the next iteration of Kantari or Perquis…

None of that is Herdman's fault but, holy Christmas, objectively…this looks dire.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea. I suspect he'd be one of the two.
    Charlie Sharp of them, TFC currently has 25 of 30 roster spots filled, five more to fill.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 open spots probably will be
    1) Ronal Pierre Gabriel
    2) Greg Ranjitsingh
    3) Charlie Sharp

then leave two open for mid-season additions

*assuming no one is bought out/transferred/trade before the season

guys like Singh/Perruzza/Mbongue could get a CPL loan, but that would probably be closer to March/April whenever CPL starts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Charlie Sharp of them, TFC currently has 25 of 30 roster spots filled, five more to fill.
    The context of this was transfers, so I think Sharp might be on top of that. They have 28 spots filled at camp, including Sharp, the midfielder whose name I've forgotten and Ranjitsingh.

My contact said they don't ever expect to get the bulk of their dealings done before training camp starts.

I'm pretty sure they're working on moving some people, but it sounds like they're planning to fill the other two roster slots with 'need' signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The context of this was transfers, so I think Sharp might be on top of that. They have 28 spots filled at camp, including Sharp, the midfielder whose name I've forgotten and Ranjitsingh.
    28th player is Joey Maher (centre-back - 2nd round pick this year)

Toronto FC Training Camp Roster (x- denotes 2024 draft choice, y-denotes 2023 draft choice)
    Goalkeepers: Luka Gavran, Greg Ranjitsingh, Sean Johnson.
    Defenders: Kobe Franklin, Aimé Mabika, x-Joey Maher, Shane O’Neill, Raoul Petretta, Sigurd Rosted, Luke Singh
    Midfielders: Latif Blessing, Alonso Coello, Deybi Flores, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty, Jonathan Osorio, x-Tyrese Spicer, Brandon Servania, Kosi Thompson.
    Forwards: Ayo Akinola, Federico Bernardeschi, Adama Diomande, Lorenzo Insigne, Deandre Kerr, Cassius Mailula, Hugo Mbongue, Prince Owusu, Jordan Perruzza, y-Charlie Sharp.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...medium=twitter

I'm a bit surprised they didn't bring TFC2 guys like A.De Rosario, Stefanovic, Pearlman, Batiz, Cimermancic to fill up numbers for drills and experience. Maybe they'll be invited for the California portion of camp in February, and this camp is a reset of the core group after last year's debacle
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-16-2024 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would think Sharpe would be a tfc2 signing to start and see how that goes,and are we not full on the intl slots at the moment,somebody has to exit, unless we are bringing in CAN or US players

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I just look at the league's transaction tracker. I mean we are coming off a wooden spoon and closing in on the wooden spoon for offseason moves. Even if we get the next iteration of Kantari or Perquis…

None of that is Herdman's fault but, holy Christmas, objectively…this looks dire.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2024-mls-transactions

We have 2

Most teams have 3 to 5 - then there are the roster turnovers where they had space like Colorado & Atlanta & DCU

Sorry ensco, but dire to me is Minnesotta with no CSO or HC yet or Charlotte with nobody in but an English League plugger of a manager (might work out).

Edit

Or Montreal with 4 but 2 are from the senior team in Bologna.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-16-2024 at 07:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

I a bit surprised they didn't bring TFC2 guys like A.De Rosario, Stefanovic, Pearlman, Batiz, Cimermancic to fill up numbers for drills and experience. Maybe they'll be invited for the California portion of camp in February, and this camp is a reset of the core group after last year's debacle
    Herdman said in his presser he didn't want more then about 28 as he wanted to focus on the "group" - I got the feeling he meant for both as he also indicated the Florida time is about fitness & mental while the California will be tactical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems a bit odd that Servania is heading to Florida with the team. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to stay and rehab in Toronto if he is out until June?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really need to move guys on, at least 5 i'd say but hopefully 6 or 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Seems a bit odd that Servania is heading to Florida with the team. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to stay and rehab in Toronto if he is out until June?
    He's had his surgery and is doing rehab, yea? Bulk of the medical team are probably going to Florida so I'd he go with to continue treatment. That would be my guess. Had similar thoughts when he was in the video of the players hanging out in the dressing room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2024-mls-transactions

We have 2

Most teams have 3 to 5 - then there are the roster turnovers where they had space like Colorado & Atlanta & DCU

Sorry ensco, but dire to me is Minnesotta with no CSO or HC yet or Charlotte with nobody in but an English League plugger of a manager (might work out).

Edit

Or Montreal with 4 but 2 are from the senior team in Bologna.
    Conversely, we have much more to do than any of those teams. Minnesota without a manager is a better team than we are now, by quite some distance.

I'll get more worried if we're a month from now and we haven't moved anybody. If no one goes, we have no cap space, or intl spots.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good points jloome - they know they need to move to get in - we shall see

As for Servania, Herdman is all about the "group" and wants everybody around that first session to bond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear lord, look at all those forwards:

"Forwards: Ayo Akinola, Federico Bernardeschi, Adama Diomande, Lorenzo Insigne, Deandre Kerr, Cassius Mailula, Hugo Mbongue, Prince Owusu, Jordan Perruzza, y-Charlie Sharp.

What is everyone's bet on who they're trying to get rid of? Not including Singh or Maher we only have 5 defenders in a likely, 3 defender system. No wonder John kept laughing in the interview about the sheer number of forwards - who the hell built this team haha.

Anyways, my guess is they'll part with whomever has some value, and looking at that sad list, I wonder if it will be Mailula. Brought it pre new manager, and I dont' know that he has a spot on this team. Everyone else we're stuck with due to a horrendous contract or has been so poor in terms of play that we'd have to beg for someone to go.

On top of that, I also think they'll finally use the buyout once we've exhausted all options to potential sell a player/are at the point of risking a signing go away. Second prediction is that we buy out Dio. Lastly, I do think Prince may be a guy on the outs as well in some way.
    Last edited by barticusz; 01-17-2024 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversely, we have much more to do… I'll get more worried if we're a month from now and we haven't moved anybody. If no one goes, we have no cap space, or intl spots.
    IIUC, TFC currently have no ISs available. All eleven ( 8+3 ) are assigned and this includes a spot for TFC’s latest transfer involving Yeye. According to my other very quick and dirty calculations, the current cap space available is circa USD2.75M; this figure does not account for TFC’s latest acquisition/any dispersed GC yearly amount for Yeye; still not disclosed.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-17-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post

"Forwards: Ayo Akinola, Federico Bernardeschi, Adama Diomande, Lorenzo Insigne, Deandre Kerr, Cassius Mailula, Hugo Mbongue, Prince Owusu, Jordan Perruzza, y-Charlie Sharp.

What is everyone's bet on who they're trying to get rid of? Not including Singh or Maher we only have 5 defenders in a likely, 3 defender system. No wonder John kept laughing in the interview about the sheer number of forwards - who the hell built this team haha.

Anyways, my guess is they'll part with whomever has some value, and looking at that sad list, I wonder if it will be Mailula. Brought it pre new manager, and I dont' know that he has a spot on this team. Everyone else we're stuck with due to a horrendous contract or has been so poor in terms of play that we'd have to beg for someone to go.

On top of that, I also think they'll finally use the buyout once we've exhausted all options to potential sell a player/are at the point of risking a signing go away. Second prediction is that we buy out Dio. Lastly, I do think Prince may be a guy on the outs as well in some way.
    Our lack of respect for the position is highly annoying. We watched some teams in this league thrive by having guys on the flanks who provide good service and then sticking someone average up top.

Our service stinks and we double down by having a meddling group of strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Yeah, I agree here.

With no cap flexibility, I doubt our offseason moves will amount to much.

Really how this team performs comes down to improved performances from the existing players. Hard to wrap your head around how that will work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I agree here.

With no cap flexibility, I doubt our offseason moves will amount to much.

Really how this team performs comes down to improved performances from the existing players. Hard to wrap your head around how that will work.
    To be fair though, this team massively underperformed last year. There were teams with far less talent that did way better then us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    To be fair though, this team massively underperformed last year. There were teams with far less talent that did way better than us.
    Also I think a function of a poorly thought out roster design. We make 1 + 1 = 1.5. Not enough speed across the squad, key pieces missing important areas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Our lack of respect for the position is highly annoying. We watched some teams in this league thrive by having guys on the flanks who provide good service and then sticking someone average up top.

Our service stinks and we double down by having a meddling group of strikers.
    Too bad we didn't spend big money on some high end wingers to provide that service and chip in with some goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza, Mbongue and Akinola are all LOAN material. That would leave us with 6 forwards, included one drafted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Perruzza, Mbongue and Akinola are all LOAN material. That would leave us with 6 forwards, included one drafted.
    These 3 and Diomande I really can't see playing much.

Our top 4 should be Insigne, Berna, Owusu, Kerr.

Cash is a wild card.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    To be fair though, this team massively underperformed last year. There were teams with far less talent that did way better then us.
    this is true to an extent.

were earning pretty much 1 ppg under bob which is bad but not historical records bad. terry era was though.

still think the terry era was an unmitigated disaster. if we had managed to win another 3 -5 games in that final stretch the attitude around the club would be so different. feel like it's as poisonous as it's ever been right now (for good reason).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post

that's grim reading tbh.

in an ideal world, you only have kerr, owusu and cash on the roster out of these next year but looks like gonna have to have another go with the italians.

perruzza, mbongue should get CPL loans. charlie sharp tfc II. dio bought out, akinola just try anything to move on from.

some guys like petretta, blessing, mabika i can see performing way better in a settled situation with a different formation.

these guys though it's pretty guaranteed they won't be contributors to any MLS team this season.