Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    What even is this? When I visit the post, it's just a post in French saying "presentation of interesting Toronto FC players" and then a line about the window being open until April 24 or something. There's no list of players or what this even is? Why are you posting this? It looks like an ad for a game or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Sorare is a French fantasy sports company that has tried to make a mark in the collectible NFT business. Mr Inbetween was just extolling what the value and traits of the 2024 Cards are. They have been “relatively” successful in some markets in Europe.
    jloome, understand; perhaps a little raspy. Bushmancan, thank-you; too kind. I just thought to share an interesting post mention involving and highlighting a ‘Fantasy’ European/International perspective on TFC; a few of its players, both comment and score/s wise judgements. The site evaluates a player and their points seem to be ‘calculated utilizing a scoring matrix taking third party data from Opta’. Basically a Player Score = their Decisive Score/DS + their All-Around Score/AAS. I am not a gambler, just thought an abridged word and a score assessment may stimulate engagement; that’s all.

Scroll down/thread for ‘cards’ on SJ, AM, JO, LI and JMR.

https://help.sorare.com/hc/en-us/art...-calculated-PS
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-28-2024 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco only turned 37 a few days ago. Add those numbers together and he's the No. 10 we need.

(Sorry, but this offseason deserves some Seba talk.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Giovinco only turned 37 a few days ago. Add those numbers together and he's the No. 10 we need.

(Sorry, but this offseason deserves some Seba talk.)
    Insigne is the No. 10 we're going to be forced to use for a few years. No room for Giovinco as we already have a past his prime, short, slow Italian dude out there wasting a DP spot and a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm told Herdman is pleased, so far, particularly with the Italians.

Also, apparently, Cash and Prince both came back from the offseason in strong shape and are showing well, he's been impressed by them.

Diomande, despite being healthy, has been training on his own in Toronto. Apparently he wants to play, so that's interesting. May just be that he wasn't fit enough for the first camp, after being out a year, and they'd rather he re-up at the training centre.

But smells a little like he might be bought out. They might need his international slot, as they're still looking for defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks jloome. Our new TFC beat reporter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, apparently, Cash and Prince both came back from the offseason in strong shape and are showing well, he's been impressed by them.

Diomande, despite being healthy, has been training on his own in Toronto. Apparently he wants to play, so that's interesting. May just be that he wasn't fit enough for the first camp, after being out a year, and they'd rather he re-up at the training centre.

But smells a little like he might be bought out. They might need his international slot, as they're still looking for defenders.
    Any insight as to when next signings coming?

Thx as always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...03166708491966

Never get sick of seeing this. Cheers me up to no end seeing all the South Africans react when they see a picture of their "Cash No Deposit" ... lol. The guy gets more likes and comments than the rest of the team combined. Need to see him get some game time to see what they're all missing so much ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Any insight as to when next signings coming?

Thx as always
    They've had some offers turned down and they're working on others. I was told if they get someone in, it's more likely to be towards the end of training camp.

On the other hand, they also apparently have a couple of deals that are down to the last 5% of hard detail.

The lack of roster movement is basically hamstringing them; they only have two slots left and no international slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...03166708491966

Never get sick of seeing this. Cheers me up to no end seeing all the South Africans react when they see a picture of their "Cash No Deposit" ... lol. The guy gets more likes and comments than the rest of the team combined. Need to see him get some game time to see what they're all missing so much ...
    It is but for a guy who they highly rate in South Africa I’m surprised he wasn’t on the South African national team playing in the African Cup right now in the Ivory Coast . South Africa’s national team is not even that highly ranked right now , you would think this guy would have at the very least made their roster .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    It is but for a guy who they highly rate in South Africa I’m surprised he wasn’t on the South African national team playing in the African Cup right now in the Ivory Coast . South Africa’s national team is not even that highly ranked right now , you would think this guy would have at the very least made their roster .
    The Minnesota winger, Bongi Hlongwane, is a regular starter for them and wasn't called up either. Weird. Maybe just because they're both out of day-to-day game shape.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-29-2024 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I am incredibly high on Cassius, maybe more then any other player. I really wish Herdman plays his every single game. He has the speed and foot weve been sorely lacking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying him out and using the international spot on a defender makes the most logical sense.

We have too many options up front as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    I am incredibly high on Cassius, maybe more then any other player. I really wish Herdman plays his every single game. He has the speed and foot weve been sorely lacking
    I don’t know where he fits in a 3/4/3 or 2/3/5.

Hoping Herdman will find a use for him but I am quite concerned that this is a signing that was made too quick before we had a new coach with a specific player profile/team identity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I don’t know where he fits in a 3/4/3 or 2/3/5.

Hoping Herdman will find a use for him but I am quite concerned that this is a signing that was made too quick before we had a new coach with a specific player profile/team identity.
    It seems so. Maybe someone they should be considering moving. But that would look poor on our new GM so I doubt he’s going anywhere. Hopefully Herdman can find a place for him. I’d say second forward but it’s unclear how many of those we have already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    It seems so. Maybe someone they should be considering moving. But that would look poor on our new GM so I doubt he’s going anywhere. Hopefully Herdman can find a place for him. I’d say second forward but it’s unclear how many of those we have already.
    We need a good backup for both Fede and Insigne. If he is our best winger there will be plenty of minutes for him.

Our team still looks best in a 4-2-3-1given our current roster. Until we get more CB depth I don't think we can actually feild a proper 3 man back line for any length of time.

While I think Rosted and O'Neil is not an ideal starting back line. Putting a proper double pivot in front of them can provide protection.
    It also gives Oso and Blessing their best position. And puts the Italians as proper inverted wingers, which is also their best position. Pacy up and down the feild wingbacks would be where we are weakest in the 4-2-3-1 other than striker, since we don't have a proveione of those.

The 4-2-3-1 also makes us look a bit less stupid for having quite so many forwards. We have too many shitty strikers and not enough talent but hey this is where we are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    We need a good backup for both Fede and Insigne. If he is our best winger there will be plenty of minutes for him.

Our team still looks best in a 4-2-3-1given our current roster. Until we get more CB depth I don't think we can actually feild a proper 3 man back line for any length of time.

While I think Rosted and O'Neil is not an ideal starting back line. Putting a proper double pivot in front of them can provide protection.
    It also gives Oso and Blessing their best position. And puts the Italians as proper inverted wingers, which is also their best position. Pacy up and down the feild wingbacks would be where we are weakest in the 4-2-3-1 other than striker, since we don't have a proveione of those.

The 4-2-3-1 also makes us look a bit less stupid for having quite so many forwards. We have too many shitty strikers and not enough talent but hey this is where we are.
    Don’t think it’s going to happen (at least not at first) because Herdman doesn’t favour it and I doubt we win a match with a 4 man back line. Also, the Italians have been poor inverted wingers and we don’t have a striker even close their level to play between them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    There's nothing in that story. It's just a rip-and-read off the Italian sports websites, none of which are sourced.

As far as I can tell, no one has approached TFC about talks at any point.

I'm not even sure the stuff about them frantically contacting Italian clubs has any truth, since the only quoted source so far -- the president of Lazio -- says it's all complete fiction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Don’t think it’s going to happen (at least not at first) because Herdman doesn’t favour it and I doubt we win a match with a 4 man back line. Also, the Italians have been poor inverted wingers and we don’t have a striker even close their level to play between them.
    We'll almost certainly play 3-5-2/3-4-3, based on his past coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m assuming Herdman is pragmatic and works with what he has as opposed to being a zealot for the 3-5-2. He did that with Canada because of the CB situation and because he has a surplus of extremely fast wide players. That is not the case at all with TFC.

If he plows ahead with a formation or tactics that don’t suit the roster, he’s falling into the same trap as Bob.

I’ve hated every “idealist” coach we’ve ever had. I’d be pissed if we just signed up for another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Steadfast. Time will very shortly tell; T-Minus: 28Hrs! This is Italian Football. Transfer time. Media and Clubs, all equally talking through the sides of their mouths. Club Front Offices are looking for the best last minute pitch and financial deal to see them through their season. I think TFC have made it clear to Bernardeschi/Bozzo the parameter of conditions and terms they would be willing to accept for any move. He and his agent basically need to bring them a gift-wrapped agreement. We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raimondo De Magistris

@RaimondoDM

In the last few days
    #NottinghamForest has presented an important offer to Lorenzo #Insigne . The #NFFC wanted him on loan with right but Insigne prefers to stay at #TorontoFC @TuttoMercatoWeb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Raimondo De Magistris

@RaimondoDM

In the last few days
    #NottinghamForest has presented an important offer to Lorenzo #Insigne . The #NFFC wanted him on loan with right but Insigne prefers to stay at #TorontoFC @TuttoMercatoWeb
    For Insigne his thought is much more about family then just himself. He has mentioned several times his family is happy in Toronto and plans to finish his contract.

Unless Napoli takes on his contract (which they won't) I highly doubt he moves.

Plus I think he would struggle in EPL, like in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair assessment SDD. Still, never say never regarding Napoli/SerieA. Agree with the probability that he might struggle in the EPL; even Championship. IIUC, Origi is on P6.25M gross; so likely a significant haircut nonetheless for not playing in preferred Italy. Moreover, not sure why would he go to a club facing a real possibility of relegation by performance and/or FFP unless the compensation package is much closer to TFC’s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    For Insigne his thought is much more about family then just himself. He has mentioned several times his family is happy in Toronto and plans to finish his contract.

Unless Napoli takes on his contract (which they won't) I highly doubt he moves.

Plus I think he would struggle in EPL, like in MLS.
    I think he’d benefit from a more well rounded roster over there and the tactical awareness of his teammates. But it’s fair to say he hasn’t looked very adaptable in MLS and the EPL only presents a larger challenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m assuming Herdman is pragmatic and works with what he has as opposed to being a zealot for the 3-5-2. He did that with Canada because of the CB situation and because he has a surplus of extremely fast wide players. That is not the case at all with TFC.

If he plows ahead with a formation or tactics that don’t suit the roster, he’s falling into the same trap as Bob.

I’ve hated every “idealist” coach we’ve ever had. I’d be pissed if we just signed up for another one.
    He was certainly the most pragmatic coach in concacaf. He played several formations and players roles shifted constantly. Of course, he had a lot more to work with than he does now but I’d say he’s the opposite of Berhalter.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-30-2024 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

The problem is that our backline is more problematic than our wide speed. We probably need three at the back and have NO fullbacks good enough to start in this league.

So it makes more sense to play with three defenders, unless we can sign a line leader, and to push the fullbacks up to wingback.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Spicer wide, and Latif because he's pretty quick. They might move Kerr back wide, as his movement in the box is pretty basic and he has good wheels.

Herdman's more inclined to not worry about the wide defenders and instead push that side's central defender out while having his anchor midfield drop back to cover the hole. His whole schtick is predicated on putting teams on their back foot, whether through a counter or just possession.

But ... yeah, we need wide speed. I asked my team contact if the priorities were central defender, wide speed and more midfield grit, and they said that's pretty much exactly what they're looking for.

(I would have written "a" team contact, but the club has cracked down on leaks exceptionally effectively, and I'm down to pretty much one source. Good source, still, but very hard to reconfirm stuff or ask about tangential details).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman has indicated it is a 3 person back line we will be using. We shall see if that is dogmatism or pragmatism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Herdman has indicated it is a 3 person back line we will be using. We shall see if that is dogmatism or pragmatism.
    In my younger days (and later Football Manager 2009 days) I thought the 343 was insanity. I've come to really like it.

Vancouver played a variant last year, and Steve Cooper favoured it at Forrest, Richie's technically current club.

Fast, direct, plays into MLS' quick transition style but also allows for some buildup.

(Of course, if your defenders aren't mobile and smart and your wings very quick, you get slaughtered. So...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been a fan of winger less formations. 4-4-2 narrow diamond, or 4-1-2-2-1 DM-AM.

With the way the game is now wingers are just failed strikers. Nobody can whip a ball in the box, or beat a man with pace and drive down the wings. Might as well replace them with an AM.