Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1713
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus succeeded playing a 3-4-2-1 with wide mids.

And Richie Laryea is definitely a beat a man for pace guy who crosses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Columbus succeeded playing a 3-4-2-1 with wide mids.

And Richie Laryea is definitely a beat a man for pace guy who crosses.
    Ah, do we have any chance at Richie or is it either Van or Forrest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does Osorio play in a 3-4-3?

I could see like Spicer and Blessing on the wings for quickness. Maybe Franklin even.

Deybi obviously one of the midfield.

Front 3 is obviously Insigne, Berna and Owusu (Cash, Kerr)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Ah, do we have any chance at Richie or is it either Van or Forrest?
    I have no idea what's going on with him. Seems like he's waiting until final day to decide.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Richie is not the one deciding.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don't know if anything has changed but my understanding was that Forest was looking for a transfer fee that is substantial by MLS standards.

Given that they paid less than $1M for him and have only played him five times, I assume it's because their financial fair play situation is dire and they're trying to sell off assets for as much as possible to improve their revenue/spend ratio.

As no one in MLS is going to shell out $3-5 million...

Still, their deadline is literally tomorrow, so if he's not gone by then, I wonder if they'll do an about-face and release him. At least then he'd be off their payroll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Vazquez off to India

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last day for moves. If this is it are we just looking to avoid another wooden spoon? We're putting a lot of faith in a couple players who've let us down. Bring on the pre-season i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Last day for moves. If this is it are we just looking to avoid another wooden spoon? We're putting a lot of faith in a couple players who've let us down. Bring on the pre-season i guess.
    Last day for moves out to Europe. Transfer window in Canada and USA technically only opens February 10 (until May). We can bring in players until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can make signings until April, including from Europe. It does become harder to do after today, though, as any club we buy from won't be able to immediately replace whoever we pick up. But I strongly doubt we're doing much shopping in the 'coming from Europe with a transfer fee of any kind' market, anyway, bar maybe a last minute move for Layrea

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Last day for moves out to Europe. Transfer window in Canada and USA technically only opens February 10 (until May). We can bring in players until then.
    That's nice. They're gonna have to be pretty cheap players then. Unless we're hoping to trade up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Where does Osorio play in a 3-4-3?

I could see like Spicer and Blessing on the wings for quickness. Maybe Franklin even.

Deybi obviously one of the midfield.

Front 3 is obviously Insigne, Berna and Owusu (Cash, Kerr)
    Oso likely becomes a 6 and plays next to Flores. If we are going to do a three we absolutely need another CB or two. I think that between all of our available FB's we can scrounge up a decent set of MLS wing backs.

Petreta, JMR, Franklin, Spicer. If Spicer can be a decent backup, there should be enough there to fill the positions. I don't know if we are still in on Gabriel or not, that would definitely add to the depth at position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's nice. They're gonna have to be pretty cheap players then. Unless we're hoping to trade up.
    We're probably hoping to get cheaper assets from within the league or USL, at this point, as they haven't opened up much cap space and we're down to two roster spots anyway, assuming they sign Sharp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Oso likely becomes a 6 and plays next to Flores. If we are going to do a three we absolutely need another CB or two. I think that between all of our available FB's we can scrounge up a decent set of MLS wing backs.

Petreta, JMR, Franklin, Spicer. If Spicer can be a decent backup, there should be enough there to fill the positions. I don't know if we are still in on Gabriel or not, that would definitely add to the depth at position.

They'll play as twin pivot 6/8 based on the side of play, I imagine, as they did with Vanney using Delgado-Osorio during Bradley's injury (aka a brief period of hope). They'll probably favour the side with more speed, put Oso on that side and Flores as the more 6ish of the two.

I don't think they want Spicer to be a backup. He has Olympic sprinter speed and can dribble. They want him to be the next Richie. I think he might even be a starter from day one if he shows well at camp.

It is a big jump, but he's been training with the Trinidad Senior team for two years, in anticipation of eventually turning pro, so he's already got time with guys at or near this level.

I suspect Stefanovic might stick, as they need another aerial presence.

He tends to prefer winger-types to fullbacks, so I suspect he'll push them high all the time and have Flores very defensive, then use the eight as the extra link between the lines.

Whether he's the guy or not (he's €3M rated), that Gabriel dudes from Nantes probably fits the profile (as Kamal Miller would have done), because he's a fullback who skews heavily towards the stay-at-home end, and does well in the air.

But if we don't sign him today, I guess that's not happening.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-31-2024 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They'll play as twin pivot 6/8 based on the side of play, I imagine, as they did with Vanney using Delgado-Osorio during Bradley's injury (aka a brief period of hope).
    Don't want to derail but to me it's so telling about how this club was run and the decisions that were made that that combination was never allowed play together after this, and soon Delgado left with the typical TFC "Oh he wanted to leave" nonsense which would get refuted by the player himself. There's alot to that whole saga, I suspect.

But going back to transfers, yeah I think expectations need to be low. The roster situation is not good, there will not be much by way of game changing signings. This season will have to be a low expectations, best case it gives us reason to have hope going into 2025. It is what it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Don't want to derail but to me it's so telling about how this club was run and the decisions that were made that that combination was never allowed play together after this, and soon Delgado left with the typical TFC "Oh he wanted to leave" nonsense which would get refuted by the player himself. There's alot to that whole saga, I suspect.

But going back to transfers, yeah I think expectations need to be low. The roster situation is not good, there will not be much by way of game changing signings. This season will have to be a low expectations, best case it gives us reason to have hope going into 2025. It is what it is
    There always next next season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how that when Delgado starting takes minutes away from Bradley under Perez, one of the very first moves under his father was to trade away the direct competition to Michael's playing time. Same with Priso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn’t agree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardly inspiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I wonder if it was a swap, ala Jozy and Defoe, but for Richie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if it was a swap, ala Jozy and Defoe, but for Richie.
    That's how I read it, except maybe now its Bernie...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shouldn’t laugh but it’s hard not to at this point. Flash back to 2023 (probably):

Team Staff: “We should probably do a physical before …”

Bob Bradley: “Look at him: seems plenty healthy to me. I once gave Salah his workout routine and it worked so well he was up for the ballon d’or next year. Don’t give me any of the physical talk. Get that paperwork done!”
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-31-2024 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely that buyout has to be on Diomande...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Surely that buyout has to be on Diomande...
    Not immediately. He's joined the team now, so he wasn't staying back due to buyout reasons, or they changed their approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last day of the Euro window today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CF Montreal just signed Josef Martinez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sources! #CanMNT forward Theo Corbeanu has now finalized a deal that will see him join LaLiga side Grenada as @FabrizioRomano reported 1st.

Corbeanu had significant MLS interest with Toronto FC, in particular, pushing for a deal. But Corbeanu wanted to stay in Europe. #TFCLive

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/statu...0GSC8Jj3w&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Sources! #CanMNT forward Theo Corbeanu has now finalized a deal that will see him join LaLiga side Grenada as @FabrizioRomano reported 1st.

Corbeanu had significant MLS interest with Toronto FC, in particular, pushing for a deal. But Corbeanu wanted to stay in Europe. #TFCLive

Probably would of been our 3rd u-22 guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

would have been a decent signing, but hard to compete if a la liga side is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    would have been a decent signing, but hard to compete if a la liga side is interested.
    I sort of wonder if his growth spurt around age 18 hurt him. His speed isn't what it was when he was younger, and the few times I've seen him play he looks like he's devolving into your prototypical "beat one guy, lose the ball" League One winger.

Maybe he'll get recast a wingback full-time. I think he'd probably be a decent forward/winger in MLS. He had a nose for goal when he was younger.

I'm not sure going out on loan after loan is ever a good idea. Players want the competitive time, I know, but they never seem to settle. Miazga is a better-than-MLS defender, but after Chelsea loaned him out four or five times, the template seemed established that he wasn't going to play in the Premier League.

But I've definitely seen worse. Leeds last year and Forest this year had defenders who would struggle in MLS, which was a big part of why they struggled in the Prem.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-01-2024 at 12:30 PM.