Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The rise to mediocrity is at our fingertips.
    At this point, mediocrity sounds really good.

Good to see the first team get off to a positive start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Eustaquio Reportedly no longer starting for Porto. Time to pounce? (With the DP spot we don’t have)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    There is something to he said for the incredibly optimistic interpretation of things, which is IF (And it's a big if) we can get the Italians on board and fully bought in then it's easy to forget but we still have two DPs with the ability to be MVP contenders. They've been nowhere near that, but there is a hypothetical ceiling that is that high for both of them. If Herdman somehow pulled that off (and other things go our way, like the captains arm band brings out the absolute best in Oso, and this year is the year our promising youth turns potential into performance) we might be able to be half decent, even with a squad otherwise just full of issues.

I don't think that's how it'll play out, but there is at least some case for case for hopeless optimism and some possible perfect storm where we actually are decent next year.
    This seems about ‘right’.

If any of these things happen: the Italians play well; Oso is good (and healthy); the youth are good; we are well coached - we should be better. How much better will depend on how many of them happen. If they all happen, how good will we be, I’m not really sure but getting out of the bottom 1/3 would be possible, for sure. There is a lot of talent coming into the league this year, more than leaving, so the standards will be higher.

I suppose if the ‘well coached’ (and good staff) part happens, the Italians and the youth should come along, to some degree. For me, watching the club being so badly run is the worst part. If as much is being done with what we have as can be done, even if the point total is not high, I can go to the matches and not be down about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Better, it sounds like Nashville took this seriously and tried to press us in the first game but couldn't keep up. Mukhtar played 40 mins.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...r/72410792007/
    Mukhtar played in the second 60, I think… so they were without him, Lovitz and Zimmerman for our first 60.

Doesn’t seem to be notice anywhere that I’ve looked about who we played other than the Italians, Kerr and Oso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Fede had a great time at the all star game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    This seems about ‘right’.

If any of these things happen: the Italians play well; Oso is good (and healthy); the youth are good; we are well coached - we should be better. How much better will depend on how many of them happen. If they all happen, how good will we be, I’m not really sure but getting out of the bottom 1/3 would be possible, for sure. There is a lot of talent coming into the league this year, more than leaving, so the standards will be higher.

I suppose if the ‘well coached’ (and good staff) part happens, the Italians and the youth should come along, to some degree. For me, watching the club being so badly run is the worst part. If as much is being done with what we have as can be done, even if the point total is not high, I can go to the matches and not be down about that.
    Sums up my thoughts exactly right now.

Basically, if literally everything goes right, things could be okay. It's just, of course, a very big 'if'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is real or not but:

Fútbol Sudamericano Oficial

@Futbol__Sudamer

Toronto FC de los estados unidos y Emi García zaguero de 38año llegaron a un acuerdo y el defensor viaja mañana rumbo a Estados Unidos y hacerse la revisión médica,

Toronto FC from the United States and Emi García, 38-year-old defenderThey reached an agreement and the defender travels tomorrow to the United States to undergo a medical examination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even find a guy who fits this guy's description. The closest is supposedly 34 years old and played last year in Uruguay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Well, I guess we need CB's..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree; likely. There is another from Spain, Andorra, but with Segunda Division experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this is more of the type of defender I'd be interested in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman knows where to find good talent, it seems. Three Nova Scotian boys on trial with TFC. More likely TFC II though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some random chatter on Twitter about Blessing being traded to Austin. Not gonna post the links, but it is from an account for an Austin podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some random chatter on Twitter about Blessing being traded to Austin. Not gonna post the links, but it is from an account for an Austin podcast.
    Interesting. He was on 665k so that could free up a chunk of change for an addition (depending on the return)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Interesting. He was on 665k so that could free up a chunk of change for an addition (depending on the return)
    If it has legs then we're probably getting GAM and/or international roster spots.

I can see this though because it's one of the ways our captain can make the starting XI. I couldn't see it otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FC Dallas mutually terminates Jesus Jimenez
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/fc-da...-jesus-jimenez

We had retained some of his salary in the trade, so I guess that frees up that money for us since it's a mutual termination?

Edit: He signed in Greece
    https://www.oficretefc.com/genika/st...jesus-jimenez/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Waking the Red - somehow i thought we would be moving the other Italian. Can't see Beşiktaş picking up the entire salary. so how does that work for a DP?

https://x.com/WakingtheRed/status/1755019972781191554?s=20
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-06-2024 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it has legs then we're probably getting GAM and/or international roster spots.

I can see this though because it's one of the ways our captain can make the starting XI. I couldn't see it otherwise.
    Blessing has a MAK-like consistency issues in his own right. Doesn’t look like the same player he was in LA (and other places). I don’t think he’s a starter on a good team or this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Blessing has a MAK-like consistency issues in his own right. Doesn’t look like the same player he was in LA (and other places). I don’t think he’s a starter on a good team or this team.
    I don’t think he had a place for us unless he played RB. Herdman seems to like Servania, Thompson is back, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I don’t think he had a place for us unless he played RB. Herdman seems to like Servania, Thompson is back, etc.
    I think he would have a place with TFC as a utility player. However, there is clear overlap between him, Servania and Thompson. Probably has the most trade value of them given Servania’s current injury status. I suspect Blessing may also be fine with a move back to a US MLS club for personal reasons; perhaps, re-engage the US permanent residency process with his family that was interrupted by his trade to TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it has legs then we're probably getting GAM and/or international roster spots. I can see this though because it's one of the ways our captain can make the starting XI. I couldn't see it otherwise.
    Maybe. Depends. IMO, in the starting line-up every time if Herdman could encourage Bernardeschi to play RWB. Osorio is then easily in the line up in a 3-5(2-3)-2 as the AM inbetween Bernardeschi and Marshall-Rutty with Flores (for cover of an aggressive overlapping Bernardeschi) and Coello as the double pivot while Insigne and Kerr are the forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Maybe. Depends. IMO, in the starting line-up every time if Herdman could encourage Bernardeschi to play RWB. Osorio is then easily in the line up in a 3-5(2-3)-2 as the AM inbetween Bernardeschi and Marshall-Rutty with Flores (for cover of an aggressive overlapping Bernardeschi) and Coello as the double pivot while Insigne and Kerr are the forwards.
    I don't see any way bernardeschi is playing RWB. Seriously, 6 million a year for a guy you want defending more half the time? People think it would be a waste to put Richie there as a DP. Bernie? That would be an utter waste and a likely trip back to the attitude shit storm. If Bernie plays it is as an AM/Winger possibly striker/second striker, those can often be distinctions without differences though.JMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I think he would have a place with TFC as a utility player. However, there is clear overlap between him, Servania and Thompson. Probably has the most trade value of them given Servania’s current injury status. I suspect Blessing may also be fine with a move back to a US MLS club for personal reasons; perhaps, re-engage the US permanent residency process with his family that was interrupted by his trade to TFC?
    All makes sense to me. If the recourse to adding players is removing players and one goes through the roster, player by player, Blessing would be near the top of the ‘possible to move’ list.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Blessing a Bradley move?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Was Blessing a Bradley move?
    I thought he was a Hernandez move as he came mid last summer.
    Would seem odd to ship him off again so quick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Hernandez did that move and it is a fast ship off but I think we're desperate for GAM & probably international roster spots and have nothing good besides him to offer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    they got him to get off MAK contract (blessing 1 fewer year guaranteed, cheaper and also easier to trade).

was done before herdman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    they got him to get off MAK contract (blessing 1 fewer year guaranteed, cheaper and also easier to trade).

was done before herdman.
    We also have the fact that a good GM is trying to structure a team for his coach. Blessing fit much better with Bradley's 4-3-3 than he would in a 3-4-3. Trading Blessing, who would probably struggle to get minutes as we are going to have a two man midfield, is a very reasonable thing. The cap space alone would be very helpful. If we can use the space to get another CB that would be a fantastic upgrade. Unless all of our current strikers continue to be absolutely useless, the only position we don't have enough bodies (quality considerations aside) is CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    We also have the fact that a good GM is trying to structure a team for his coach. Blessing fit much better with Bradley's 4-3-3 than he would in a 3-4-3. Trading Blessing, who would probably struggle to get minutes as we are going to have a two man midfield, is a very reasonable thing. The cap space alone would be very helpful. If we can use the space to get another CB that would be a fantastic upgrade. Unless all of our current strikers continue to be absolutely useless, the only position we don't have enough bodies (quality considerations aside) is CB.
    I suspect they'd have pigeoned him in at right wing/wingback as he has speed and can play wide okay. But he's never been ideal starter material in MLS, even in his best LA years. So if they can move him and get space/cash for a proper wingback or a solid centre half that would be good.