Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The two potentially known trialists (Edgar and Longstaff) have pretty substantial injury histories. Can't say that isn't a worry.
    I think that is all we can attract right now. Players like this who are coming off an injury, are out of contract or need a chance to redeem themselves at a decent salary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Going for the time to make the assumption Ayo is in over Prince because of quality of work

but

Herdman would be the first coach ever who did not have a bias for some people based on his experience with them

My take is that Herdman is very much into prior relationships and Ayo is the only one he’s worked with before (his staff aside). Also, the psychology of getting Ayo going means giving him a shot first especially since he’s come in to camp in great shape. Young player, ACL, and he’s the only striker we have on that absurdly long and misformed list that had actually scored for us. He has the seniority as a TFC player.

I think too given his age if he doesn’t come to grips with his position again soon that could be it for him at this level. Everyone else can wait just a bit longer.

But Herdman did say he gets only one or two shots at this. And even if he does play well I’d not be surprised if other strikers get minutes right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    So apparently the other trailist in camp is "Egar Ie"
    Edgar Ié - Player profile | Transfermarkt
    isnt this pure speculation by a fan on twitter based on a picture at camp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not edgar le. doesn't even look like him and hes headed to a club in romania.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sources: Botafogo finalizing deal to sign Gregore from Inter Miami. Globo first reported. Globo says fee is around $2.8m.

Significant help to Miami's cap puzzle. Removes Gregore's big budget charge + can convert some of the fee to GAM.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...l5QL_LjEw&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if Hoilett was ever a possibility after he came to MLS last year + Herdman coming in, but now he's no longer an option it appears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of players we are not getting...richie may be going to red star

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    isnt this pure speculation by a fan on twitter based on a picture at camp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    its not edgar le. doesn't even look like him and hes headed to a club in romania.
    Yes, pure speculation. IDK, for myself, sort of a similar build; so maybe. Supposed to go to Romania. Seems he has been delayed. Hmmm…

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/edg...ve-730494.html

UPDATE THURSDAY, 11:00 PM / Edgar Ie's arrival, postponed
    The defender, who also has a Portuguese passport, agreed with Dinamo. And, according to the "dogs" official, he would sign the contract with the red-whites on Friday. He was supposed to arrive in Bucharest on Friday night, but he postponed the moment. The GSP sources say that the exact situation will be clarified tomorrow, when he would arrive in Romania.’

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of players we are not getting...richie may be going to red star
    ???

How ?

The English transfer window closed Feb. 2.

Even loan players can only move during the open windows for both clubs, or they can't transfer his FIFA registration.

As far as I can tell, it isn't possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    ???

How ?

Even loan players can only move during the open windows for both clubs, or they can't transfer his FIFA registration.

saw this on the canadian soccer forum.serbia window closes today,probs a loan if true
    Last edited by reggie; 02-16-2024 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saw this on the canadian soccer forum.serbia window closes today,probs a loan if true
    Nah, can't be, dude. Loans have the same rules as transfers. Both countries' windows have to be open, not just the receiving team, and the English window is closed.

Maybe they're trying to work something out for the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first game is 9 days away and we have made a single signing. Two if you count Spicer. What happened to these magical signings Herdman was saying they'd like to have by tomorrow's game? I am getting a bit agitated by these continuous timelines for signings that they never meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The first game is 9 days away and we have made a single signing. Two if you count Spicer. What happened to these magical signings Herdman was saying they'd like to have by tomorrow's game? I am getting a bit agitated by these continuous timelines for signings that they never meet.
    I think they're trying a new thing: not overpaying. So they're being disciplined in their budgeting, and it's just falling through in each case.

Having the Italians on silly money probably, unfortunately, makes agents grossly overestimate how much they can soak the club for.

But it's definitely concerning at this point.

Story on the team website -- which no one visits, relatively -- says the rest of the squad against RSL was Kosi Thompson, Jesús Batiz, Latif Blessing, Casius Mailula, Hugo Mbongue, Greg Ranjitsingh, Aimé Mabika, Kobe Franklin, Adam Pearlman, and Philip Igbinobaro.

No word on why Owusu wasn't playing. Injured, maybe?

Igbinobaro is an 18-year-old Academy attacking mid who was born in Benin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh...this is going to require a lot of this year & a lot of "this is all I am hoping for this week" sort of thinking.

Cause even if the system works and also people who buy in this year who didn't last year, we are just not all that good.

And, we do not have the depth to survive an injury to anybody outside of whomever is playing the CF role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???

How ?

I thought as long as the buyer’s window is open, it can happen.

But practically, any team that’s selling a key piece won’t do an outbound transfer outside of the window because they cannot purchase a replacement.

Very much seems like Laryea is not a part of their plans at any level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except they put him in their 25 man roster....when they didn't have to to loan/trade him.....SOMEBODY has plans for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, some kind of chess match may be on-going involving Laryea. Is anyone certain he is even in the UK, with the team; training? IIUC, MLS, FWIW, registered him as a Free-Agent. Is it possible this may have forced NFFC to register him to their EFL 25 Man Roster Sheet or Laryea may have been able to walk away from his contract on a free. Believe the notion of not being allowed to loan/transfer unless both parties’ federation/league windows are open is accurate. Although international verses domestic or within federation/league situations may involve slightly different permissibles of situational workaround/s. For instance, Mutual Termination, for an international case that may involve the player buying-out his own contract; usually with an amount provided by the destination club to become available. I am just not sure if NFFC is allowed to let him go or must still hold his certificate until their next transfer window? Also, I wonder if Laryea has a relegation clause in his contract?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-16-2024 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I thought as long as the buyer’s window is open, it can happen.
    Nope. I mean, I checked about a half dozen sites this morning and they all said both clubs have to be in an open transfer window for anything that involves transmitting the player's FIFA registration from one club to another.

I don't think this can be the case unless a deal was worked out and not announced before the deadline on Feb. 2. But that was two weeks ago, so it seems incredibly unlikely. As far as I can tell, he's on Forest's lineup as depth, nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Owusu was out with a minor thigh strain, apparently, nothing worrying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Canadian representative will not arrive in Belgrade

[COLOR=rgb(249 249 249/var(--tw-text-opacity))]Crvena zvezda planned to sign another reinforcement on the last day of the transfer window and provide a replacement for Kosta Nedeljkovic , but the signing of Richie Larjea failed, and the Serbian champions gave up on the idea of ​​bringing in a right back.
    A member of Nottingham Forest and the Canadian national team, he was designed from the perspective of the red and whites to tighten the competition in a position that was in short supply even before the sale of Nedeljkovic , who will remain in Belgrade until the summer, while the bad luck experienced by the young defender was an additional reason to be contacted. Premier League player.some
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    some richie news
    Last edited by reggie; 02-16-2024 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I mean, I checked about a half dozen sites this morning and they all said both clubs have to be in an open transfer window for anything that involves transmitting the player's FIFA registration from one club to another.

I don't think this can be the case unless a deal was worked out and not announced before the deadline on Feb. 2. But that was two weeks ago, so it seems incredibly unlikely. As far as I can tell, he's on Forest's lineup as depth, nothing more.
    Only the buyer's window has to be open. The transfer window is technically a "registration window". If your window is open, you can register them. The departing place doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Except they put him in their 25 man roster....when they didn't have to to loan/trade him.....SOMEBODY has plans for him.
    They don't have to list U21 players on the 25 man roster. So even though Richie's on it, he's not in their top 25. I think he's there more as a 'just in case' and because they had space. There's no one else to add now that the window is closed, so it was a 'no harm, no foul' addition to the list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Only the buyer's window has to be open. The transfer window is technically a "registration window". If your window is open, you can register them. The departing place doesn't matter.
    Man, try finding the actual regulation anywhere, though, rather than FAQ lists saying it isn't possible.

The FA regs only talk about inter-England and FIFA's nebulously refer to "the transfer period' without defining each one.

But I notice MLS' regs state clearly that if the other country's window is open it's still fair game, and I have to assume they'd stick within FIFA guidelines.

Maybe he got caught in that sixteen week rule, the bridging thing where a player can't be registered for more than two clubs in a 16-week period. He didn't leave Whitecaps until Jan. 5 and by putting him on the roster at Forrest, he's technically registered again in the UK. So they might have been caught in a technicality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only site claiming to have info says the game today against LAFC ended in a 0-0 draw after 90.

EDIT: Must be a bot/AI site or something. LAFC page schedule says it doesn't start until 2 PM PST.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-17-2024 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only site claiming to have info says the game today against LAFC ended in a 0-0 draw after 90.

EDIT: Must be a bot/AI site or something. LAFC page schedule says it doesn't start until 2 PM PST.
    Any chance of a live feed on this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Any chance of a live feed on this one?
    Nope, they're using practice fields without the required tech (or a decent flat piece of turf either, apparently. Quality has been underwhelming.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kosi and JMR in the graphic. Maybe they're starting the yutes today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lack of pre-season coverage from the local media is ridiculous. If it weren't for this site, I would have no idea what's going on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once again , the un named trialist, a pair of them this time around as i shake my head.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!