Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Not sure I understand this rumor if it’s ookstrue because we already have Franklin and we are in much need of two starting CBs and a ST.
    Looks like yet another candidate for RCB… don’t think this guy is a natural wing back… would be an odd signing.

Signing as a RB in the Championship would make more sense, on the surface, if he’s going anywhere.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-10-2024 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To pour a bit of cold water on the Bernadeschi rumours - he had a story on Instagram showing his kids on a plane, "And we're Back!" - Toronto, Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    To pour a bit of cold water on the Bernadeschi rumours - he had a story on Instagram showing his kids on a plane, "And we're Back!" - Toronto, Canada.
    Can he play wing back, hah? I seem to remember he did at Juve? If he puts away the vapie pen and the shit attitude he would probably make a good wing back in this league.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-11-2024 at 05:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect, he probably returned since he must report for medical and training camp or he is in violation of his MLS contract. I am sure that would be the kind of excuse for unilateral termination TFC would welcome.

Otherwise, if a deal is close, he’s back to tie up any up loose ends; home moving, perhaps even one on one discussions with TFC on loan details or contract mutual termination terms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

Flores said he feels “excited and blessed” to be at TFC and stressed he is “ready to work hard and pour my heart into every moment I wear this jersey.”

That is half the battle, be a warrior in the jersey with “No Quit”
    Clearly an attempt to turn around our lack lustre to terrible team attitude. Difficult to do when you can only make a few of signings at best. Be interesting to see if the other signings are in the same ‘fighting’ vein. I expect Flores to be in the eleven most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Can he play wing back, hah? I seem to remember he did at Juve? If he puts away the vapie pen and the shit attitude he would probably make a good wing back in this league.
    If we're stuck with him I would move him back to a more defensive right mid for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A RM that holds onto the ball too long attempting to dribble around people might actually be worse then a forward that does that.

(I can't seem him stopping that part of his game - he seems to think he is too good & his teammates not good enough for this league)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, another massive deal has been completed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Wow big news!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may have the inside track on Gabriel. The other big suitor is Cardiff, and they have an ongoing lawsuit with Nantes over Emiliano Sala's transfer prior to his death.

So there's bad blood there. Might help us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gabriel has 2 goals in 154 appearances...definitely smells like a RCB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nantes play on Sunday. We'll know if there is smoke behind this RPG rumor if he isn't in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure I understand this rumor if its true because we already have Franklin and we are in much need of two starting CBs and a ST.
    I don't think going into the season with only Franklin as our RB with no backup is wise. While I agree that we need CB depth. We need depth all over the pitch. Anything that helps us compete over the whole season, not just when we're able to feild our best 11 is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gabriel has 2 goals in 154 appearances...definitely smells like a RCB.
    Yeah, if we go for him it sounds like another doubtful acquisition… and on
    Ligue 1 wages and before then Bundesliga he can’t be cheap. Would also be wierd to make your line leader a RB who hasn’t played in the league and perhaps not ever as a CB, and who you convert. Also, he just signed a new contract at Nantes, why is he leaving?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if we go for him it sounds like another doubtful acquisition… and on
    Ligue 1 wages and before then Bundesliga he can’t be cheap. Would also be wierd to make your line leader a RB who hasn’t played in the league and perhaps not ever as a CB, and who you convert. Also, he just signed a new contract at Nantes, why is he leaving?
    New manager, doesn't rate him. They haven't registered him for their cup competition, or something, suggesting his departure is imminent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure he's about as much a "lets see if this works out" sort of move as Rostad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    New manager, doesn't rate him. They haven't registered him for their cup competition, or something, suggesting his departure is imminent.
    Be interesting to know why the new manager doesn’t rate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure he's about as much a "let’s see if this works out" sort of move as Rostad.
    Except that Bob supposedly knew Rosted well and even tried unsuccessfully to sign him in Norway before playing against him often. So much for Bob as Sporting Director.

This one sounds more like a bit of a head scratcher in the manner of Hernandez signings so far (pre Herdman and Rubio). I guess we’ll find out a bit more maybe if we are actually in on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure he's about as much a "lets see if this works out" sort of move as Rostad.
    No idea how this could be the interpretation of the Rosted deal.

Rosted's on $750K a year for 3 years (2 still remaining), and his contract is a major millstone. That Rosted deal was no flyer. That's not a "let's see if this works out" deal, that's a "this HAS to work out" deal.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-11-2024 at 06:21 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on these numbers (which are not exactly gospel), RPG is an elite defender and below average going forward. Having him as a RCB might be the move.

https://fbref.com/en/players/64ba07c...Pierre-Gabriel

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Reds currently sit at 25 of 30 rosters spots filled. Figure that we will see at least one or two TFC II type signings like a Adam Pearlman and maybe a 3rd GK but maybe they will choose to make that spot someone on TFC II to start the season? Also of the 25 currently on the roster I do wonder if they will all be here come the start of the season including those that were out on loan last season like Singh, Peruzza etc. regardless of the Italians status. A lot of work still to be done.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, is this a prank? Just wordplay? Did, when did, Herdman/TFC hire Peter Galindo as their Performance Analyst?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This month, it seems - he's not the only analyst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really interesting about Galindo getting a PA job with them.

On a different note, and sorry if I missed this posted elsewhere - Herdmans states in his media day that the Italians are here and committed. They all had frank and honest conversations and they want to turn this around and redeem themselves.

In other words, we bought them at a high and ain’t no one willing to take them off our hands now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really interesting about Galindo getting a PA job with them.

On a different note, and sorry if I missed this posted elsewhere - Herdmans states in his media day that the Italians are here and committed. They all had frank and honest conversations and they want to turn this around and redeem themselves.

In other words, we bought them at a high and ain’t no one willing to take them off our hands now.
    I guess that was the idea… unless someone would take them off our hands. Since then Bernie has been quite public about not wanting to play here. “It was the wrong project”, ‘I desperately wanna come back to Juve’, etc,. After that it might be difficult for Herdman to keep a straight face and tell us Bernie is all in. Unless he’s all in to try and play himself into a move… or a buy out.

Insigne, on the other hand, has not said any such things. On the contrary.

P.S. And yes interesting about Galindo… and our new assistant, neither with loads (or any?) experience. My first thought is: having managed only one men’s team ever (a team without money/good support), and never in a proper league means Herdman’s coaching and scouting contacts are very limited.

He will have good data on concacaf NT players but that might be about it.

These sort of hires are usually people you know and/or have worked with.

Not saying the new hires are not going to work out, they might do well, just that the base is fairly limited. The old MLS way is that we would ask the league to please send us some guys that they already have on the pay roll.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-12-2024 at 12:01 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW - Devin Pleurer is running the overall R&D for MLSE - I would assume he has a sign off on analyst positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-12-2024 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that was the idea… unless someone would take them off our hands. Since then Bernie has been quite public about not wanting to play here. “It was the wrong project”, ‘I desperately wanna come back to Juve’, etc,. After that it might be difficult for Herdman to keep a straight face and tell us Bernie is all in. Unless he’s all in to try and play himself into a move… or a buy out.

Insigne, on the other hand, has not said any such things. On the contrary.

P.S. And yes interesting about Galindo… and our new assistant, neither with loads (or any?) experience. My first thought is: having managed only one men’s team ever (a team without money/good support), and never in a proper league means Herdman’s coaching and scouting contacts are very limited.

He will have good data on concacaf NT players but that might be about it.

These sort of hires are usually people you know and/or have worked with.

Not saying the new hires are not going to work out, they might do well, just that the base is fairly limited. The old MLS way is that we would ask the league to please send us some guys that they already have on the pay roll.
    He brought a young guy with the him who was essentially the main scout for Canada. He dug up players like Ugbo and others who had connections to Canada. Some of those cases had no paper trail or markings on databases that were easy to find.

While that’s a different form of scouting, I’ll give it full points for being resourceful and street smart. That’s more exciting to me than the rest of our scouting department and Hernandes (not that it says much).

Edit: side note, I still find it wild that the interim “president” of Canada Soccer (or whatever they are calling it) ends up as an assist coach for a bottom feeding MLS team. If that isn’t a sign the CSA is devoid of capable people, I don’t know what is.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-12-2024 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...EB7CH1VXQ&s=19

Sources: Two MLS clubs interested in signing English forward Josh Windass from Sheffield Wednesday. Contract expires this summer. Already several clubs in Europe looking to sign pre-contract.

Windass, 30, has 36g/20a w/ Sheffield Wednesday. Previously played for Rangers as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status...EB7CH1VXQ&s=19

Sources: Two MLS clubs interested in signing English forward Josh Windass from Sheffield Wednesday. Contract expires this summer. Already several clubs in Europe looking to sign pre-contract.

Windass, 30, has 36g/20a w/ Sheffield Wednesday. Previously played for Rangers as well.
    IIUC, his yearly salary at the club is at circa USD1.2M. Plays both FC and AMC.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-12-2024 at 10:19 AM.