Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not sure why people are worried about Manning getting involved & screwing up our various draft possibilities. He's literally never done that before and it's not what he's done to ruin us. His problem is selecting his pals or USMNT alumni to run everything while he goes AWOL plus he selected 2 (or 3) of the worst DPs in MLS history.

Keep him away from DPs, minus going to fancy restaurants of course and let him stay in the back working on more MLSE grifts and we should be okay. Maybe. Still don't have a lot of faith in Hernandez.
    Allegedly, if you believe the insider who occasionally posts here (who has been proven right before), he’s the only reason we signed Kamar Lawrence. Nobody else wanted him.

His job is on the line. I wouldn’t trust him just to say out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    maybe one of the positives finishing in dead last, is we get top draft pick in upcoming superdraft, End of year waivers, and Re-Entry process, sort of like a restart, as long as Manning stays out of the way, and lets Herdman and his team make the decisions, if Manning doesnt stay out of the way im certain next year wont be much better than how this season ended

Unfortunately last year TFC proven to give away and anchor themselves with a devaluing asset on a bad contract. could have had CB bombito for example.

If manning is leading the charge- we all know a quick fix to stop the bleeding is around the corner- like trading a 1st pick for Josef Martinez LOL>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    PLAYERS WE SHOULD SHED

Petretta (not good enough)

Mabike (not good enough)

Rosted (too expensive for his ability, he's a backup in this league)

Guitierrez (too expensive for his ability, he's USL level)

Bernardeschi (wrong attitude, not a team player)

Insigne (poor leadership, underproduces)

Mbongue (Just no reason to believe he'll develop into a good striker. Did nothing all year.)

Akinola (He just seems done).

Diomande (a walking injury).

EXPENDABLE PLAYERS (We could keep and develop them or shop them for value, though in this league everyone is expendable)

Franklin (a decent young fullback but lots of holes in his game, we'd need value back)

Thompson (decent defensive midfielder but they haven't grooved a role for him, we'd need value back)

Antonoglou (again, what's his best role? Has potential but nothing to indicate long-term fit)

Singh (CPL level)

O'Neill (journeyman defender, beaten too easily on the run.)

Peruzza (I love the guy but he's not getting better, so far).

Romero (Probably has a decent future. He's young but looks less about him than Gavran).

Servania (journeyman quality midfielder).

PLAYERS WE SHOULD KEEP

Owusu (His tape from Germany last season was pretty good. he should be able to bag 10 on a good team in this league, and he's not expensive.)

Gavran (Looks the future).

Blessing (good engine, decent player. More rotational than starter but can play multiple spots)

Osorio (even playing poorly he has heart, holds the ball up, keeps possession and scores the odd goal).

Coello (He's a good young player. He's not a starter yet and general lack of speed might prevent it. But he does good things most of the time.)

Kerr (Getting better, reminds me of Gyassi Zardes).

Marshall-Rutty (Yeah, I know, but he's only 19, getting bigger and faster, has solid technique. His mindset is not good though. Too petulant this year. )

Batiz ( he has real potential and you can't teach speed).

Pearlman (because it's too early to judge)

Stefanovic (too early to judge.)

Johnson (He's a good keeper still, makes big reaction saves).

PLAYERS ON THIS LIST WHO SHOULD DEFINITELY BE STARTING NEXT YEAR

LOL ^^

this right here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Allegedly, if you believe the insider who occasionally posts here (who has been proven right before), he’s the only reason we signed Kamar Lawrence. Nobody else wanted him.

At some point even the dumbest executive would have to realize what he has been doing isn't working. I think he is at the point that he has to have his fate decided by his underlings. However if we manage to dump the Italians I could see him dropping his 2 cents in to try to get DPs that sell tickets rather than get ones who fit well and could be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley has joined his dad as a coach at Stabek. John Molinaro has posted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Michael Bradley has joined his dad as a coach at Stabek. John Molinaro has posted it.
    This is the best move for absolutely every party. I wish him nothing but the best and if he proves himself as a coach elsewhere bring him back for TFC for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Unfortunately last year TFC proven to give away and anchor themselves with a devaluing asset on a bad contract. could have had CB bombito for example.

If manning is leading the charge- we all know a quick fix to stop the bleeding is around the corner- like trading a 1st pick for Josef Martinez LOL>
    Bombito has spent most of this season in MLS Next Pro, after being unable to hold onto his starting gig. But he's young and we could probably get him, given he hasn't stuck yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    This is the best move for absolutely every party. I wish him nothing but the best and if he proves himself as a coach elsewhere bring him back for TFC for sure
    I don't think it's a good look, taking a nepotism job, but everyone has to start somewhere, and it's also pretty normal in football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Kemar was Ali Curtis, all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's a good look, taking a nepotism job, but everyone has to start somewhere, and it's also pretty normal in football.
    Maybe his Dad is going to retire in a year or two then Michael takes over?

From his press conference and talking about new adventures I thought it was pretty obvious he was leaving North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you have to balance bad look with how much better an opportunity it was vs others he'd have gotten. As I said elsewhere, I think if this is super short term and he's not working with his dad 2 years from now it could be a good start for him

Also do wonder if the succession plan was Bob to Michael here, as some suspect, and maybe they're angling to do the same thing in Norway. If so, yeah nepotism and yeah it's a bad look, but a path to management with zero experience is a hard thing to say no to. If you get the job and do well nobody will care about how you got it - nobody cares that Jose Mourinho got his first coaching gig because he had a good relationship with Bobby Robson as his translator and he worked his way into management from there (Okay not a perfect analogy, but it was someone who got an opportunity he maybe wouldn't have otherwise through his network rather than anything he'd proven, and nobody holds that against him now)

Mind you, if he gets the job and fucks it up, his management career may be over before it starts, but that's the gamble
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 10-23-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kemar was Ali Curtis, all the way.
    And Armas. Total NYRB connect.

That's not Manning's MO.

He only actively interferes with the roster when it comes to DPs and his fail rate is HIGH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bombito has spent most of this season in MLS Next Pro, after being unable to hold onto his starting gig. But he's young and we could probably get him, given he hasn't stuck yet.
    Thats just not true at all. He only played 4 games in MLS next pro. Partly to get some fitness back after injuring his knee early in the season. He ended up starting a decent amount for Colorado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLAYERS WE SHOULD SHED

Petretta (not good enough)

Mabike (not good enough)

Rosted (too expensive for his ability, he's a backup in this league)

Guitierrez (too expensive for his ability, he's USL level)

Bernardeschi (wrong attitude, not a team player)

Insigne (poor leadership, underproduces)

Mbongue (Just no reason to believe he'll develop into a good striker. Did nothing all year.)

Akinola (He just seems done).

Diomande (a walking injury).

EXPENDABLE PLAYERS (We could keep and develop them or shop them for value, though in this league everyone is expendable)

Franklin (a decent young fullback but lots of holes in his game, we'd need value back)

Thompson (decent defensive midfielder but they haven't grooved a role for him, we'd need value back)

Antonoglou (again, what's his best role? Has potential but nothing to indicate long-term fit)

Singh (CPL level)

O'Neill (journeyman defender, beaten too easily on the run.)

Peruzza (I love the guy but he's not getting better, so far).

Romero (Probably has a decent future. He's young but looks less about him than Gavran).

Servania (journeyman quality midfielder).

PLAYERS WE SHOULD KEEP

Owusu (His tape from Germany last season was pretty good. he should be able to bag 10 on a good team in this league, and he's not expensive.)

Gavran (Looks the future).

Blessing (good engine, decent player. More rotational than starter but can play multiple spots)

Osorio (even playing poorly he has heart, holds the ball up, keeps possession and scores the odd goal).

Coello (He's a good young player. He's not a starter yet and general lack of speed might prevent it. But he does good things most of the time.)

Kerr (Getting better, reminds me of Gyassi Zardes).

Marshall-Rutty (Yeah, I know, but he's only 19, getting bigger and faster, has solid technique. His mindset is not good though. Too petulant this year. )

Batiz ( he has real potential and you can't teach speed).

Pearlman (because it's too early to judge)

Stefanovic (too early to judge.)

Johnson (He's a good keeper still, makes big reaction saves).

PLAYERS ON THIS LIST WHO SHOULD DEFINITELY BE STARTING NEXT YEAR
    Owusu made 700k in guaranteed comp and his salary was 600k. He basically had one decent year in the B2 and wasn't anything special in the 3 liga. Another trash signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Owusu made 700k in guaranteed comp and his salary was 600k. He basically had one decent year in the B2 and wasn't anything special in the 3 liga. Another trash signing.
    I'm hoping that number from MLSPA is just due to proration. 700k is way too high. I'm hoping it's something like 300k a year, but they agreed to give him a full 300k for this half played season, so it was 700k prorated to 300k and then starting next year it will be 300. Probably not, but one can hope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Owusu made 300k from Toronto fc this season not 700k, MLSPA salaries are annualized.

He has an 18 month deal I wouldn't be shocked if whole thing was worth like 650 to 700k but they frontloaded it.

But then again we thought Diomande would be on league minimum so who knows with this club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    And Armas. Total NYRB connect.

That's not Manning's MO.

He only actively interferes with the roster when it comes to DPs and his fail rate is HIGH.
    If it were true that the DPs were Manning’s decision, would Manning still be here?

It seems kind of obvious someone else made those calls.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Owusu made 300k from Toronto fc this season not 700k, MLSPA salaries are annualized.

He has an 18 month deal I wouldn't be shocked if whole thing was worth like 650 to 700k but they frontloaded it.

But then again we thought Diomande would be on league minimum so who knows with this club.
    His $700k is amuch better deal the $22 million for the Italian duo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince seems another one of our mystery signings at striker. He’s not lame like Diomande, he’s not 35 and should be retired like Sapong, but I don’t yet see any reason he should be here (beyond the fact that we had only 700,000 to spend on a striker and we did it in Europe).

Not an obvious match with the Italians, and no obviously strong play of any kind. He looks like he can run, he looks like he should be able to hold up the ball but there wasn’t any real evidence of it. I didn’t see anything in the air … now maybe he wasn’t given anything in the air (but that’s not likely to change). His touch is mediocre, and he isn’t comfortable with the ball in the build up to goal.

Maybe an example of how analytics, like any method, can screw up. At any rate, analytics only works if you have the other factors: you need real scouting and you need, somewhat, to know the guy. Especially in MLS where taking flyers on European salaries is going to kill you. Okay, maybe it’s too early to tell but I’m not hopeful on this one. Not if he’s our first choice striker. Let’s hope he’s not!
    Last edited by los sonadores; 10-24-2023 at 01:08 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Owusu makes himself available for the ball and competes on every long out by Johnson. He finds space.

His touch I didn't see anything glaring - he's not Sapong bad. His passing from feet in traffic is decent when holding up play but deteriorates as play develops - sign of a person still expecting people to be disciplined and in certain spots.

My biggest issue for him - doesn't go for goal hard when the ball is taken to the line. His move is to hang back at the spot - if he went in and then took a step back, that would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Maybe his Dad is going to retire in a year or two then Michael takes over?

From his press conference and talking about new adventures I thought it was pretty obvious he was leaving North America.
    Jeff Bradley said he's going over for a few months to help out and finish off his UEFA badges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Owusu makes himself available for the ball and competes on every long out by Johnson. He finds space.

His touch I didn't see anything glaring - he's not Sapong bad. His passing from feet in traffic is decent when holding up play but deteriorates as play develops - sign of a person still expecting people to be disciplined and in certain spots.

My biggest issue for him - doesn't go for goal hard when the ball is taken to the line. His move is to hang back at the spot - if he went in and then took a step back, that would be better.
    Maybe Herdman can sort out something that plays to his strengths but I’m not sure that’s going to happen if we keep the Italians (and it seems unlikely we don’t keep them). So far I see either not good enough or not a good enough fit.

And I suppose that leads to the question: what will Herdman do with the Italians? I think one of Herdman’s strengths is motivation. But that seems to be based partly on giving players what they most want. Davies plays striker or winger if that’s what he wants even though it’s clear he’s a poor striker, and not nearly as good a winger as he is a wing back. So far the Italians seem totally to want to play the wings only. If that continues and we don’t have an extremely good and compatible striker, someone they respect, we’re handcuffed. It’s been the same story since they arrived and Prince is not an answer as much as I can see. Hernandez (working alone) didn’t seem to recognize that. His two acquisitions - one who seems inadequate, the other who doesn’t play - have not been promising. Let’s hope he’s better working with Rubio and Herdman.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 10-24-2023 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Jeff Bradley said he's going over for a few months to help out and finish off his UEFA badges
    How many of these bradleys have been on the payroll here? Wonder how if any from his mother's side also.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If it were true that the DPs were Manning’s decision, would Manning still be here?

It seems kind of obvious someone else made those calls.
    Manning took credit for proposing them, so yes, he's mostly responsible.
    However to your point the MLSE board (and maybe the CEO) also share some responsibility as they would have signed off on this. Maybe that gives him an out.

Manning is still in his seat due to the success of the Argos IMO. They've done far better than the low expectations that were there for them.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

From what I seen from Owusu its the same story as everything striker we've played since the Italians got here. Zero service.

Owusu seems motived and strong, but if the ball never reaches him nothings happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    How many of these bradleys have been on the payroll here? Wonder how if any from his mother's side also.
    Check out Jeff's Twitter. He's interacting with people on criticisms of Bob - biased obviously but some interesting bits in the replies
    https://x.com/JBradley08736?t=K4Brkc...OesY2rtqw&s=09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Check out Jeff's Twitter. He's interacting with people on criticisms of Bob - biased obviously but some interesting bits in the replies
    https://x.com/JBradley08736?t=K4Brkc...OesY2rtqw&s=09
    A fascinating insight into camp Bradley, really crystallizes the Bradley vs the Italians lockerroom that existed. He probably shouldn't be tweeting like this, but it's more insight than we get from anywhere else

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Manning took credit for proposing them, so yes, he's mostly responsible.
    However to your point the MLSE board (and maybe the CEO) also share some responsibility as they would have signed off on this. Maybe that gives him an out.
    The difference is that he is supposed to be thinking of the footballing aspect of the signings, which he didn't do and he apparently never bothered looking into their character. I guess for him, Transfermarkt and visions of increased revenue streams was enough.

For sure the board signed off on this but they weren't fed stats on how the Italians would fit in the system, how they'd ignite our offense, or how they'd fit into the dynamic of our team. They were told one guy was the captain of Napoli and won the Euros and the other was a long time Juve guy (like Giovinco) and from that, we'll sell out every match, we can raise ticket prices, and the ad dollars will be huge.

So on the actual football side it's all on Bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    From what I seen from Owusu its the same story as everything striker we've played since the Italians got here. Zero service.

Owusu seems motived and strong, but if the ball never reaches him nothings happening.
    Someone made the point on Twitter the other day, Jimenez’s form dried up exactly when the Italian’s arrived. To be fair, he struck me as more of a support striker or winger than someone who would lead the line but nonetheless…

Pretty ridiculous that the entire premise of not getting a DP striker was the service from the wings would be so great. Reality is it’s been awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats just not true at all. He only played 4 games in MLS next pro. Partly to get some fitness back after injuring his knee early in the season. He ended up starting a decent amount for Colorado.
    According to Transfermarket, he had 11 appearances and eight starts all season.

Do you have a source that says otherwise?

Edit: No, I've checked, that's right.

In those 11 appearances, he got five yellow cards and a red. Across the eight starts, including cup games, he committed 15 fouls. Sounds like discipline issues, too.
    Last edited by jloome; 10-24-2023 at 09:22 AM.