Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A wild 6'3, 19 year old striker with great finishing ability appears. This could be the guy.

Jacob Murrell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SBSF...bCBzb2NjZXI%3D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    remember 7 million euros is insigne net salary. he's making 15.4 M USD gross. no one on lazio is making anything remotely close to it. he will have to take a 50% paycut if he wants to join lazio. even that might be high.
    Disagree. Presuming a salary package closer/similar to the Alberto and Immobile range, that gap or pay cut, IMO, may be much more reasonable and acceptable than one may believe. Given, IIUC, the EU and/or Italian tax mitigations available and favourable to footballers. A tell for me, that sets apart the Lazio rumour, is the mention in one of the source articles about tax implications for Insigne. It would be interesting to understand if MLS considers their US/Canadian residing players to be employees or independent contractors; moreover, if it was recommended to him to engage an RCA- Retirement Compensation Arrangement being in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Disagree. Presuming a salary package closer/similar to the Alberto and Immobile range, that gap or pay cut, IMO, may be much more reasonable and acceptable than one may believe. Given, IIUC, the EU and/or Italian tax mitigations available and favourable to footballers. A tell for me, that sets apart the Lazio rumour, is the mention in one of the source articles about tax implications for Insigne. It would be interesting to understand if MLS considers their US/Canadian residing players to be employees or independent contractors; moreover, if it was recommended to him to engage an RCA- Retirement Compensation Arrangement being in Canada.
    Nobody but Napoli wanted to sign him when Napoli was offering him €3.5M net. Why would someone now pay twice that, when he appears half the player?

He's not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    A wild 6'3, 19 year old striker with great finishing ability appears. This could be the guy.

Jacob Murrell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SBSF...bCBzb2NjZXI%3D
    His positioning and finishing look solid, but he's sleight of build and doesn't show any particular dynamism or dominance of the players around him. Compared to Duncan Maguire, I'd say this is a crapshoot. Probably one with decent odds, but the difference in levels is pretty dramatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nobody but Napoli wanted to sign him when Napoli was offering him €3.5M net. Why would someone now pay twice that, when he appears half the player? He's not going anywhere.

Perhaps. Not entirely the way I recall the situation though. Yes, De Laurentiis/Napoli made a token offer and yes, TFC made a brinksbuster, but I believe/suspect there were in-betweens that just weren’t considered seriously given that crazy well compensated opportunity in MLS; particularly in SerieA and in other European leagues with perennial CL presence clubs. Essentially no need to pursue those in part because of brand Insigne’s football perception… idealism, naïveté, sense of loyalty or legacy self-perception; of being a supporter woke, home city club boy, nee captain, of Napoli. I think that lens has cracked with his TFC experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps. Not entirely the way I recall the situation though. Yes, De Laurentiis/Napoli made a token offer and yes, TFC made a brinksbuster, but I believe/suspect there were in-betweens that just weren’t considered seriously given that crazy well compensated opportunity in MLS; particularly in SerieA and in other European leagues with perennial CL presence clubs. Essentially no need to pursue those in part because of brand Insigne’s football perception… idealism, naïveté, sense of loyalty or legacy self-perception; of being a supporter woke, home city club boy, nee captain, of Napoli. I think that lens has cracked with his TFC experience.
    I could definitely see that (not considering other Italian teams at the time). At the time, maybe he could have been feeling so loyal to Napoli that he felt he couldn't play for another team and have to play against them, so was willing to move to another country (and get paid handsomely), but after over a year, maybe that feeling has dissipated and now he's willing to play somewhere else in Italy, just to be back in Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genuinely no idea if this guy is legit or not, but we're sort of starved for news right now

https://twitter.com/calebpongratz10/...E0QL3gA6yF7JcQ

Says there will be Four MPs per team in 2024.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genuinely no idea if this guy is legit or not, but we're sort of starved for news right now

I've seen this a few places.

Wouldn't be surprising tbh. The messi rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, likely tied to various AUG23 ‘Messi Rule’ rumours… 4th DP, accelerated Cap leap to Y27 budget of 7M from Y24 5M+!, while TAM/GAM remain on same reduction/phase-out schedule? Interesting times…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, good typo. Perhaps I spent too many years covering legislatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To reiterate my point about the money... he's not going anywhere.

Lazio's president Claudio Lotitio in Swedish press today on Insigne:

"There is no truth to that."

https://fotbolltransfers.com/nyheter...g-i-det/178524

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To reiterate my point about the money... he's not going anywhere.

Lazio's president Claudio Lotitio in Swedish press today on Insigne:

"There is no truth to that."

https://fotbolltransfers.com/nyheter...g-i-det/178524

At least we'll get to see what 300% of nearly nothing equals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To reiterate my point about the money... he's not going anywhere. Lazio's president Claudio Lotitio in Swedish press today on Insigne:
    "There is no truth to that." https://fotbolltransfers.com/nyheter...g-i-det/178524
    Perhaps. I would take anything Lotitio states with a grain of salt though. Lazio’s manager as well as it’s sporting director have their says. Lotitio may be the owner but he is a slippery one; also a politician/senator that has been banned from Italian football on many occasions for several years total.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps. I would take anything Lotitio states with a grain of salt though. Lazio’s manager as well as it’s sporting director have their says. Lotitio may be the owner but he is a slippery one; also a politician/senator that has been banned from Italian football on many occasions for several years total.
    Aside from all that, the simplest way to look at it is why would anyone on Earth bother taking on a mid 30's dumpster fire of a player who spent almost all of 2023 injured and the rest extremely ineffective in a league like MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Aside from all that, the simplest way to look at it is why would anyone on Earth bother taking on a mid 30's dumpster fire of a player who spent almost all of 2023 injured and the rest extremely ineffective in a league like MLS?
    Because SerieA/Italian Football is in an odd state/weird place at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yep. The only way this happens is if he walks away from a lot of money and someone gets him at a deep discount.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because SerieA/Italian Football is in an odd state/weird place at the moment.
    Signing a washed up hasbeen based on the name on the back of the jersey isn't going to help it get to a less odd or weird place. It's going to propel it into MLS 2.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My entirely unoriginal idea (stolen from Twitter) is signing Shamar Nicholson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    My entirely unoriginal idea (stolen from Twitter) is signing Shamar Nicholson
    Interesting. Definitely punished us on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While CF Shamar Nicholson > CF Prince Owusu, I think TFC’s sitch more likely demands CB Papa Mar Boye > CF Calderia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing up the Jloome bat signal... Are you hearing anything at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It would be nice if TFC for once constructed the roster with some thought.

Imagine having 4 designated players on $5M each, a striker, two midfield workhorses, and a commanding centre back.

Instead we got two ineffective wingers as our "core" to build around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    Throwing up the Jloome bat signal... Are you hearing anything at all?
    Nah, haven't talked to anyone in two months. Busy with books.

Trade window doesn't open until the second week of December, due to the lengthy playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that TFC didn't utilize their one contract buy-out in 2023 leads me to believe that MLSE has turned off the taps. I don't expect to see another DP come in until one of Insigne or Bernardeschi are gone.

Bill Manning is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 11-25-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Insigne soap opera continues:

https://oggisportnotizie.it/2023/11/...o-26-nov-2023/

Sarri believes that the Biancocelesti need a talented and experienced player to react to the crisis. His target is Lorenzo Insigne , who wants to return to Europe after his experience in MLS. The former Italian captain would be an important transfer coup for Lazio , who could finally return to competing for top positions.
    Lotito is open to the possibility of buying the Neapolitan, but the real problem remains the salary of the player considered too high by the Biancoceleste owner. Negotiations are still ongoing, but Sarri is confident that an agreement can be found..........

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really easy to solve for TFC. If he wants to leave and he makes too much, have him take a pay cut and restructure his contract. And if he really doesn’t want to be here then #firemanning! On top of Richard’s list above…Can we finally move one of the two Italians into the middle and get some speed up front on the wings.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 11-27-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whole story reeks of bullshit. According to this version, the owners' concerns about salary are the hangup. But the owner has already said he's never heard this even proposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could that story be leaked from TFC's side to try and drum up interest?
    And if the salary cap is raised to $7M and they do get the 4th DP (which counts for 12.5% of the total team budget), the DP hit will be $875K, which would give TFC an additional $1.125M of cap space breathing room to hire reinforcements. So long as Manning doesn't interfere. I'm willing to give Jason a chance here, because it's a win-win either way: If Hernandez is successful, we have some hope for 2024. If he bombs out, then Manning is pretty much guaranteed to be tossed and we have hope for 2025 to start fresh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Could that story be leaked from TFC's side to try and drum up interest?
    I figured it was his new agents trying to create some buzz to help a move happen.