Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^He will have good options … Why would he come here?

Maybe we can get his Dad.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

French papers have us imminently signing Gabriel, the Nantes defenders. Talks continue but he was left home for the club's trip to Marbella for training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IIUC, his yearly salary at the club is at circa USD1.2M. Plays both FC and AMC.
    He has two goals in 16 appearances this year in the Championship.

In his best year, in League Two, he had 15 goals. But he's never topped 11 in League One and is rated at 500K.

It's not a coup to get him; he's one of those players who would be bubble to make an impact. Technically very solid but at 30, and used to playing in lower speed leagues, I don't see him being a lock double-digit scorer by any means.

He's a consistent producer but the numbers haven't always been big. His best season in the Championship he scored nine goals.

His best years have been at Attacking Midfield, it's worth noting, although he has never has as many assists as goals in a season, so he's not going to create a ton, either.

If a team has an offence with a lot of late-trailing play into the box, he's probably a good fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^He will have good options … Why would he come here? Maybe we can get his Dad.
    By many accounts a beast. Struggled immediately after football. Survived and moved forward with life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He has two goals in 16 appearances this year in the Championship. In his best year, in League Two, he had 15 goals. But he's never topped 11 in League One and is rated at 500K. It's not a coup to get him; he's one of those players who would be bubble to make an impact. Technically very solid but at 30, and used to playing in lower speed leagues, I don't see him being a lock double-digit scorer by any means. He's a consistent producer but the numbers haven't always been big. His best season in the Championship he scored nine goals. His best years have been at Attacking Midfield, it's worth noting, although he has never has as many assists as goals in a season, so he's not going to create a ton, either. If a team has an offence with a lot of late-trailing play into the box, he's probably a good fit.
    Agree with you; ‘not a coup to get him’. Maybe missing something the club has identified?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

French papers have us imminently signing Gabriel, the Nantes defenders. Talks continue but he was left home for the club's trip to Marbella for training.
    The maths on the link to RPG is troubling for me as well. If he signs with TFC, I’ll be interested to learn about the financials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are one of those clubs interested in Windass (We are already ass), it shows that Herdman isn't gonna be demanding his CMNT players. He was always just as likely, if not more so to use his contacts in England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we sign any more internationals, it means someone has to go out, unless someone has a green card that we don't know about (maybe Coello or Spicer since they were in NCAA)
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-12-2024 at 05:51 PM. Reason: shrink image size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    If we sign any more internationals, it means someone has to go out, unless someone has a green SRD we don't know about (maybe Coello or Spicer since they were in NCAA)

OMG I totally forgot about Diomande.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At TAM Windass seems a pretty bad signing on paper, but people who have seen him may feel otherwise. But on paper, I'm hoping that isn't us on that list of teams hunting him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we sign any more internationals, it means someone has to go out, unless someone has a green SRD we don't know about (maybe Coello or Spicer since they were in NCAA)
    Blessing has a green card. Not sure about Spicer or Diomande.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    IIUC, LI, FB and AC fall under MLS Canadian club max 3 slots exemption having been with the club for at least a year. So TFC might have 4 slots available; 5 slots if an AD buy-out is enacted or he is mutually terminated.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you got rid of Manning, you would have six. #firemanning Have to try everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC when we got Blessing he came with an INt'l slot that was needed to add him to the roster.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...hange-for-mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    IIRC when we got Blessing he came with an INt'l slot that was needed to add him to the roster.

But previously he had one.

https://www.sportingkc.com/news/forw...rnational-spot

I think that international roster spot we picked up with Blessing for Kaye went to us signing Owusu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But previously he had one.

https://www.sportingkc.com/news/forw...rnational-spot

I think that international roster spot we picked up with Blessing for Kaye went to us signing Owusu.
    Good catch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    At TAM Windass seems a pretty bad signing on paper, but people who have seen him may feel otherwise. But on paper, I'm hoping that isn't us on that list of teams hunting him
    I mean, I wouldn't want him at the money he's on, not even close.

But guys in League Two and League One are usually still technically better players than North Americans. What they usually lack is the athleticism and speed.

He's a decent finisher and long-range shooter, but he doesn't provide much else. I tend to think in MLS a guy like that would be a sub forward, not a starting midfielder. The league is too two-way for midfielders who don't defend much, unless they have Pozuelo quality, and he's not that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I wouldn't want him at the money he's on, not even close.

But guys in League Two and League One are usually still technically better players than North Americans. What they usually lack is the athleticism and speed.

He's a decent finisher and long-range shooter, but he doesn't provide much else. I tend to think in MLS a guy like that would be a sub forward, not a starting midfielder. The league is too two-way for midfielders who don't defend much, unless they have Pozuelo quality, and he's not that.
    Oh yeah I'm not saying his resume screams "Couldn't offer any value, in any role or capacity, at this league" just screams "This isn't a TAM, or even a high salary cap player", those are ones you typically want to try and be pretty main mainstays in your lineup, and at his current wage if true, that's what we'd have to sign him at. At a lower price, sure, but at the price quoted that's a bad signing on paper. But again, if others have seen him (I haven't, I do remember his dad, though, think he once drunkenly fall off a car as his main claim to fame if memory serves) I'd bow to their experience vs just looking at his resume on paper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, a smart idea would be signing someone like JRR as a backup striker with that same money and making sure #1 guy ahead of him is proven and dependable.

It seems like every iteration of a striker we try is cutting corners somehow. Like we don’t actually believe in their value.

We should go back and find Belotti. So what if he doesn’t get along with his Italian compatriots? Nobody else can get along with them either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is always a risk factor involved in acquiring players without MLS experience, but I am hopeful that Flores will be an adequate replacement for Bradley as our DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latif Blessing no longer has a Green Card. He had to give it up as part of the process to bring his family over in 2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IIUC, LI, FB and AC fall under MLS Canadian club max 3 slots exemption having been with the club for at least a year. So TFC might have 4 slots available; 5 slots if an AD buy-out is enacted or he is mutually terminated.
    Those bonus slots are already included in the table. There's 3 extra + 8 regular. We're filled up including those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely Adama has to be bought out, right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Past experience and good practice indicate you don't use the buyout until every other option for that player has been exhausted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Past experience and good practice indicate you don't use the buyout until every other option for that player has been exhausted.
    This is TFC though. We don't bother with any of that stuff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy was Feb 14

Dwyer was a trade to use their buyout - Jan 10

Trying to remember who else we have used a buyout on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post

That extra international slot was only for 2023. So that's gone now. We needed that one because we had traded a couple of our own earlier that season, which are now back though. So we're at the original 8+3 bonus Canada slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those bonus slots are already included in the table. There's 3 extra + 8 regular. We're filled up including those.
    That extra international slot was only for 2023. So that's gone now. We needed that one because we had traded a couple of our own earlier that season, which are now back though. So we're at the original 8+3 bonus Canada slots.
    Yes, you are right. Oversight of the very obvious on my part; and I only added to anyone’s confusion on the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we sign any more internationals, it means someone has to go out, unless someone has a green card that we don't know about (maybe Coello or Spicer since they were in NCAA)
    Aren’t TFC just able to trade for/buy more ISs? Seems in S23 MLS clubs may have been allowed to do so?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If he's still injured they might not be able to IIRC