Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about it. You needed a striker and a defender and you approve trading a holding mid, 1.4 million and 3rd superdraft for a mid. McGuire was available, you lost all cap flexibility and acquired something you didn’t need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR with the stupidest challenge of the day. Sliding through a guy when we're about to get a corner. Jeesus H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is insigne making those passes on purpose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If I am Cash's agent, I am blowing up Hernandez's phone asking why guys like JMR are getting minutes over my client. He didn't sign here so that could Cristian Gutierrez could get a try out.
    His ex coach blasted his agent. It is baffling how he came here and we've literally played JMR and Sapong over him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid ending for Montreal - watching it as it happened certainly was dramatic - painful way to be eliminated….but we clearly win the award for most painful season….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First team in mls history with multiple 20 loss seasons!!

Lowest win tfc history

Happy to pay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way bradley is man of the match LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we at least win the wooden spoon?

I'm not sold on Herdman. Had better starting options, lets see what happens next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    No way bradley is man of the match LOL
    Voted on by fans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally this season is over. Another loss seems to be an appropriate way to end it.

Thank for Michael for your captaincy and leadership. Too bad he was moved to CB and was exposed a couple times.
    Last edited by benito; 10-21-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Kerr for Owusu would be nice to see
    Why? Owusu knows how to hold the ball up, run into space and is a nuisance to the defenders. One of the few players I'd keep for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    If I am Cash's agent, I am blowing up Hernandez's phone asking why guys like JMR are getting minutes over my client. He didn't sign here so that could Cristian Gutierrez could get a try out.
    Yeah it’s a puzzler. The last time we did something like this, I feel like we signed a bust, and just hid it away from view long enough where management hoped everyone would forget what they did. But I still want to see him play. I don’t think he’ll be that bad.

JMR should go play for TFC2 until he excels at that level enough to warrant first team minutes. He’s not playing at a level that warrants first team minutes, period.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-21-2023 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    What does it say about football that a guy with that ability can make it to being a 23-year-old college senior before he's signed to a pro contract?

Jesus H, that was a goal and a half.
    I think he was rated as the top player overall for a long time before the draft, but he slipped because so many NCAA strikers have whiffed in MLS.

Be surprised if they don’t sell McGuire for $10M this winter or next summer. I know given his age he doesn’t have the sell on profile but my gosh he looks the business.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone notice Bono hanging around beside the tunnel taking photos and congratulating MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it was a nice night for a football match (if one is used to football played in cooler climes). And we looked quite genuinely organized in the first half… and what else? It was a shame MB had to play in the back again in his last match and predictably he was burned. Somehow, seeing Herdman on the sideline in his left leg forward, rock and roll stance had me feeling optimistic. Not sure we could do better than him at the moment. We’ll see what the winter brings….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Well, it was a nice night for a football match (if one is used to football played in cooler climes). And we looked quite genuinely organized in the first half… and what else? It was a shame MB had to play in the back again in his last match and predictably he was burned. Somehow, seeing Herdman on the sideline in his left leg forward, rock and roll stance had me feeling optimistic. Not sure we could do better than him at the moment. We’ll see what the winter brings….
    Yeh, pretty much this.

There was an obvious attempt to use what we had in an organized fashion.
    Our usual problems of lack of movement, finishing being poor and a slow defence were on show.
    The team didn't fall apart mentally after the first goal but our "pass it around the box enough and eventually find a shooting angle" attack is even easier to defend when you have a lead.

They said 27K were there - I'd say about 25K. The Bradley chants throughout the match were nice to hear. The various wooden spoon things going on in the south were droll.

A nice night out if you didn't have expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    It's beyond me how Bradley even started. Should have been subbed in.
    I suspect that if he hadn't started, then he would've missed the walkout with the starting 11, along with his name been called to the singing of TFC Legend. And IIRC, his kids in tow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn’t at this one. Did they give away anything for the fan appreciation night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I wasn’t at this one. Did they give away anything for the fan appreciation night?
    Not really. Throughout the game, they were tshirt give aways but they’ve done that time to time. Post game, they were handing out cheez-it snacks and 11x14” Bradley signs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, pretty much this.

Our usual problems of lack of movement, finishing being poor and a slow defence were on show.
    The team didn't fall apart mentally after the first goal but our "pass it around the box enough and eventually find a shooting angle" attack is even easier to defend when you have a lead.

They said 27K were there - I'd say about 25K. The Bradley chants throughout the match were nice to hear. The various wooden spoon things going on in the south were droll.

And after this season one was not likely to have expectations. The only expectation I had was that everyone look as though they wanted to play for Herdman. Which I think they did look. Including the Italians.

Clearly no confidence in front of goal though we might have had one or two (Prince’s offside goal and Insigne’s goalpost suggested as much.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Not really. Throughout the game, they were tshirt give aways but they’ve done that time to time. Post game, they were handing out cheez-it snacks and 11x14” Bradley signs.
    Wow they couldn’t even spring for toques or tshirts after the money most of us spent to watch such garbage. TFC really take their fans for granted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the Orlando goals again, seeing more details than I could in the stadium.

Really shocking that TFC didn't call up a defender from TFC2 for this game. No defender on the bench is a joke. Putting Bradley on D in his final game was embarrassing for him and for the club. A sad way to end it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is Neil Davidson's article for the Canadian Press (at least someone who isn't under the thumb of Bogers): https://globalnews.ca/news/10041523/...o-fc-2-0-loss/
    I was struck by this quote from Herdman:
    “I just can’t judge this group yet, given the context they’ve had. There’s been a lot of change, trauma, defeat after defeat after defeat. Having to read on social media the hate or the frustration. That takes its toll. So even getting these guys up for this last game was a big challenge.”
    The lack of a Plan B from Manning may have destroyed the confidence of the players we have and destroyed their value on the trade market. That should be a fireable offense. If MLSE was serious about the team, the board would make a clean break and look for someone who could build a fresh front office. I think the only thing that would spell Manning's doom would be if there was a serious decline in SSH renewals. At one time MLS would have helped fix things, like they did back in 2012, but TFC is no longer the goose that lays golden eggs for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, pretty much this.

I left at 5:20 for the game, driving as usual because it's impossible trying to TTC west from Leslieville at the moment. Got stuck on Lakeshore between Parliament and Lower Sherbourne for half an hour. Literally moved about ten metres in that whole time. When I still hadn't gotten to Lower Sherbourne by 6:10, and saw a sign that said 25 minutes by Gardiner to YORK STREET, I used the opportunity when I did get to Sherbourne to turn around and come home. Getting anywhere in this city right now is ridiculous. Also didn't know because I was driving they delayed the start 20 minutes, which may have helped slightly. I'm still pissed and bummed I missed Bradley's last game, although the result was more of the same.

Anyway, this is all to say I was part of the 27,000 who weren't in their seats (2 tickets).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Here is Neil Davidson's article for the Canadian Press (at least someone who isn't under the thumb of Bogers): https://globalnews.ca/news/10041523/...o-fc-2-0-loss/
    I was struck by this quote from Herdman:
    The lack of a Plan B from Manning may have destroyed the confidence of the players we have and destroyed their value on the trade market. That should be a fireable offense. If MLSE was serious about the team, the board would make a clean break and look for someone who could build a fresh front office. I think the only thing that would spell Manning's doom would be if there was a serious decline in SSH renewals. At one time MLS would have helped fix things, like they did back in 2012, but TFC is no longer the goose that lays golden eggs for them.
    Thus is the issue with letting the team circle in the drain for long periods of time and not taking real corrective action.

The number of things Manning has gotten away with that would get him canned under a functional ownership group is beyond ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, pretty much this.

looked more than 15K TBH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one reason I feel somewhat optimistic with Herdman is the one thing he really excels at is instilling belief. There are obviously more issues than just that, but he's the right guy to fix that one. I think he can build a team too, which the ironically nick-named Bob the Builder was clearly awful at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I left at 5:20 for the game, driving as usual because it's impossible trying to TTC west from Leslieville at the moment. Got stuck on Lakeshore between Parliament and Lower Sherbourne for half an hour. Literally moved about ten metres in that whole time. When I still hadn't gotten to Lower Sherbourne by 6:10, and saw a sign that said 25 minutes by Gardiner to YORK STREET, I used the opportunity when I did get to Sherbourne to turn around and come home. Getting anywhere in this city right now is ridiculous. Also didn't know because I was driving they delayed the start 20 minutes, which may have helped slightly. I'm still pissed and bummed I missed Bradley's last game, although the result was more of the same.

Anyway, this is all to say I was part of the 27,000 who weren't in their seats (2 tickets).
    I live in the Beaches and for future reference I would recommend just hopping on Danforth GO and taking it 2 stops to exhibition. Its really easy and quick. You can park at Ted Reeves parking lot. As long as you don't leave your car there overnight its all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I live in the Beaches and for future reference I would recommend just hopping on Danforth GO and taking it 2 stops to exhibition. Its really easy and quick. You can park at Ted Reeves parking lot. As long as you don't leave your car there overnight its all good.
    Our system, when visiting, is to park somewhere within a kilometer or two of BMO, then cab it the rest of the way. Always gets us there with lots of time to spare, because cabbies make their money on distance travelled, not time in cab. So they avoid any snares, and know where they are, because they want that next fare as quickly as possible, especially if you're only paying them $10-15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Got stuck on Lakeshore between Parliament and Lower Sherbourne for half an hour. Literally moved about ten metres in that whole time. When I still hadn't gotten to Lower Sherbourne by 6:10, and saw a sign that said 25 minutes by Gardiner to YORK STREET, I used the opportunity when I did get to Sherbourne to turn around and come home. Getting anywhere in this city right now is ridiculous.
    I live in the area and this stretch has trapped me before too. The worst time was literally 90 minutes just for that one block when there was construction in the way. I’ve never been so frustrated.

I can tell you though, from driving across the Gardiner eastbound about an hour earlier, what happened on the weekend was a pro-Palestine protest was moving down york and trying to force their way onto the expressway.

The police were scrambling to head them off and block access before traffic got even worse.

Just another day in the city I suppose.