Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

franklin as usual doesnt cover and its 3-0...another case of a canadian player whos good offensively but cant defend properly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And... Franklin lets a man run right in front of him onto a diagonal ball.

Remember his performance tonight, anyone who thinks his bright future should include starting next year, because he's nowhere near fucking ready.
    He is brutal at man marking. We as a fan base need to stop proclaiming every young Canadian as a nailed on starter after a handful of appearances. Kobe definitely does have some potential, but it is clear he isn't ready to play starter minutes in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old guy who can't move for old guy who can't move.

Interesting move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He is brutal at man marking. We as a fan base need to stop proclaiming every young Canadian as a nailed on starter after a handful of appearances. Kobe definitely does have some potential, but it is clear he isn't ready to play starter minutes in MLS.
    I couldn't believe he allowed that ball in behind for Tolkin that nearly cost a goal early. The guy on the ball was looking him into the lane the entire way and he still didn't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just dunno how even going back to basics, fundementals lol we can't even play for a 0-0 draw. Like, playing with the most basic of structures, keeping passes simple and progressing ball slowly and risk free or directly vertical to beat a press to open flanks would yield a low scoring game if your team can just play a simple defensive shape. It's just perplexing this group can't even do the basics lol, like the bare minimum structures to save a point or even look respectable. Crazy shit lol. Like one of you lads said - we'd be hard pressed to get a result against the average CPL club atm with our level. Like even at our other worsts lol in other years... the Mariners, or Winters or Nelson. There could be a method of playing like damage control where you just play a game out to keep things respectable, and we can't even do that lol.

Waiting for Doyle to drop another tweet with a snippet of our depressing xG and every other stat that shows our failure to do anything but walk around lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We clearly have no communication at pitch level. The number of times we've been caught one-on-one by a pressing player, ala Bradley tonight, this season, it just indicates no one is screaming "quickly!" or "man on" or any of the shit required to force a quick defensive clearance or play.

If Bradley knows that guy is coming in at speed a fraction earlier, maybe he lets it roll across him and clears it, instead of trying a second touch. Yes, that's on him. But equally, either Gavran or Mabike should be screaming at him "clear it" or "man on." I can't believe it's always just bad judgement and timing. I think we have zero communication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello waives off giving the ball to Vazquez, is nearly immediately dispossessed.

Arr-o-gant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most accurate description by a commentator ever: "TFC happy to retreat."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello waives off giving the ball to Vazquez, is nearly immediately dispossessed.

Arr-o-gant.
    I have not seen a player check over their shoulders for months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positives on the night; Prince looked very competent as a lone striker and Gavron is our future keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arr-o-gant.
    I don't honestly think Coello is that good. He has great vision and passing ability, but has zero mobility and tends to give up on his defensive responsibilities. Probably good enough to be a bench option, but basically profiles as the Spanish Liam Fraser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't honestly think Coello is that good. He has great vision and passing ability, but has zero mobility and tends to give up on his defensive responsibilities. Probably good enough to be a bench option, but basically profiles as the Spanish Liam Fraser.
    I’ve come to a similar conclusion. He’s first team level but he’s mot a starter. Pretty sad commentary on the state of our midfield overall.

I didn’t watch tonight and I regret nothing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I was starting the full game replay on Apple TV because I couldn't watch it live. Luckily it was only the short game recap video. That was enough. BTW Apple TV sucks, you still can't start a game later on delay, w/o seeing the final score beforehand. Effin ridiculous.

Is it true TFC had almost no chances on net, or were those just left out of the highlights?

I really have a hard time evaluating many of TFC's players, especially the younger ones or those who have only been with TFC for a relatively short time. I do think most of the players should probably be cleared out to allow for a fresh mental restart. However, a few of them will probably do quite well on other teems. With awful coaching, lack of leadership both on & off the field, no strategy, and low morale, it's no wonder the new guys have no idea of what they should be doing. In some cases, they also have no hope and no talent, but it's hard to confirm that when so many things are going wrong at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I thought I was starting the full game replay on Apple TV because I couldn't watch it live. Luckily it was only the short game recap video. That was enough. BTW Apple TV sucks, you still can't start a game later on delay, w/o seeing the final score beforehand. Effin ridiculous.

Is it true TFC had almost no chances on net, or were those just left out of the highlights?

I really have a hard time evaluating many of TFC's players, especially the younger ones or those who have only been with TFC for a relatively short time. I do think most of the players should probably be cleared out to allow for a fresh mental restart. However, a few of them will probably do quite well on other teems. With awful coaching, lack of leadership both on & off the field, no strategy, and low morale, it's no wonder the new guys have no idea of what they should be doing. In some cases, they also have no hope and no talent, but it's hard to confirm that when so many things are going wrong at the same time.
    NYRB keeper didn't have to make a save.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A team very good at constancy of ineptitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

There is a way of turning off scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Herdman’s record goes to 0-2 since he took over , yes this goes on his record no matter where he sits be it in a press box or private box or on his couch at home he is the coach now and after two games same old crap !
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 10-08-2023 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS kits are getting better, I'm a fan of our pink kit as a 3rd and thought Redbulls kit was nice as well, Aside from still seeing Gavran as a future piece that is my only take aways from this game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have stopped watching, but I see on twitter that, in our last 10 road games, we have 10 losses and have been outscored 30-1.

If you live to be 100 … you will never see that again.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, does Terry actually watch the games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will translate that for you, "I want to show everyone I'm a good boy and want keep getting an easy paycheck from MLSE".

Now lets put that into a real world translator, "There all a bunch of useless, lazy, and entitled cunts who give up the moment there is any adversity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol was gonna say, only thing they executed well on was the art of mailing it in hahahaha

Like jloome said, lol I didn’t see much communication or connection In those run of TD led games. they couldn’t string a damn attack phase together with purpose and conclusion bar that union game, and let’s not even go into defensive organization lol. Lol TFC PR really must have their fingers deep in their ears blocking out any critical feedback or voice of customers like this forum or social media lol if they think they can trot out that interview and think anyone believes a drop of it lol.

Would be even worse as an organization if they think terry is out to pasture now, so they are all hiding behind his comments and his poor record so they can stall out and wait for herdman to save the day and act like this season never happened - and everyone attempts to go into job preservation mode for 2024 (from manning to the GM, to those in charge of PR and messaging and down). Would be a real chickenshit play, even if terry has had a rough go at being the coach and deserves some flak.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 10-09-2023 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, does Terry actually watch the games?

I didn’t watch the game thankfully. But man, Terry’s coaching instincts are all wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So I have stopped watching, but I see on twitter that, in our last 10 road games, we have 10 losses and have been outscored 30-1.

If you live to be 100 … you will never see that again.
    They fight until they give up the first goal and then they quit…. shameful. I still put this squarely on Manning. #firemanning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I didn’t watch the game thankfully. But man, Terry’s coaching instincts are all wrong.
    The fact that he's still on Herdman's coaching staff is worrisome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    The fact that he's still on Herdman's coaching staff is worrisome.
    He might be great at running drills. I don't think Herdman will be taking advice from Terry, lol.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought I'd drop this summation of the game from Doyle. I don't think anything else needs to be said.
    TFC have generated just 0.2 xG in their past two games. They are as thoroughly finished as I’ve ever seen a team at any point in an MLS season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    There is a way of turning off scores.
    Thanks! CorrwgBach sent me a message and told me how. I hope I remember next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still in disbelief reading that quote above from Terry. I won't even watch interviews with this team anymore. I used to watch every one of them fully but not anymore not for a long time. Too disgusted. "trusted in our strategy and executed it to a T." You never see such a bad loss followed by a quote like this in football. What part of that game was strategy..... This is why I don't watch interviews anymore. After one of the other losses he says we were "hard to break down". Too bad they couldn't just end the season now. This is just embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I just thought I'd drop this summation of the game from Doyle. I don't think anything else needs to be said.
    “TFC have generated just 0.2 xG in their past two games. They are as thoroughly finished as I’ve ever seen a team at any point in an MLS season.”

Thank you, Bob, Bill and Terry!