Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Or back to back wooden spoons. It’s like seeing an unintended face in an abstract painting, once you do it you can’t go back. This one will always reminds me of the wooden spoon. It’s also a pretty dreadful jersey. What the hell are those wooden spoon-like things?
    They’re overlapping crests. That’s the weakest part of what’s otherwise a really nice shirt IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    They’re overlapping crests. That’s the weakest part of what’s otherwise a really nice shirt IMO.
    Ah, that’s strange. They have nothing in them and they are difficult to read! A crest (like Heraldry) doesn’t mean anything unless it has something in it. Having another empty crest in it is even stranger.

Would have been a nice jersey if that part had been left out altogether.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure spec......we will be able to add our own graphics to this shirt like the last white one....the shields are for placement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Pure spec......we will be able to add our own graphics to this shirt like the last white one....the shields are for placement.
    Me thinks you are right. Had the same thought when I saw those shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, looks like it’s officially here. I like it.

Feels like simple needed updates and a return to simplicity vs the monstrosity they released last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Welp, looks like it’s officially here. I like it.

Feels like simple needed updates and a return to simplicity vs the monstrosity they released last year.
    Small screen but happily I don’t see the empty shields. Looks really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredibly meh

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC kits being so horrible in the past few years would probably explain why FO has not organized a KIT Release party in a long while.

Last decent home kit in my opinion 2019-2020 (Simple, Sharp, and RED!!!!!)
    Last descent away kit in my opinion 2018-2019 . My boys liked 2020-2021 but Pajama Grey is not my favorite colour. Who am I kidding, last decent Away kit was 2014-2015 (The Onyx baby!)

Toronto FC Kit History - Football Kit Archive

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hype for that 2015 Onyx jersey led to that abomination we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC should do this.
    I know a supporter made the onyx home jersey, but I think they only let the one person get involved. Make it an open entry competition.

Last edited by rydermike; 02-15-2024 at 11:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will have to see it on TV in the first game & then in the shops on game day next month

So far...not bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    TFC should do this.
    I know a supporter made the onyx home jersey, but I think they only let the one person get involved. Make it an open entry competition.

Agreed! You open it up to hundreds or even thousands of budding designers, it'll be good.

I have two designs for next year I'd like to see, both pretty traditional. But I've switched computers and have no real artistic capability right now (on top of no real artistic talent) so my cobbled together images will have to wait.

We should have a little open contest here, see what a supporter's group can come up with.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Agreed! You open it up to hundreds or even thousands of budding designers, it'll be good.

I have two designs for next year I'd like to see, both pretty traditional. But I've switched computers and have no real artistic capability right now (on top of no real artistic talent) so my cobbled together images will have to wait.

We should have a little open contest here, see what a supporter's group can come up with.
    I like the idea of this too, having it sent out to the supporters to see what they can come up with. The only thing is that out of those hundreds or thousands of good ones, it doesn't mean that they will choose one of the better ideas unfortunately..they could hold it to a vote?

Would be cool to see what some of the groups could come up with too and have a contest on here. I did a few edits on the new away kit they are launching..mainly just changing the BMO to Red instead of black, and added a white border to the TFC logo.

There was someone a few years ago who posted a "Here I fixed it" and they did the harlequin jersey and added in the cn tower down the middle with the Toronto landscape along the bottom it looked kinda cool edition for the last away kit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global Toronto Area (GTA) ?? Did I miss something? Since when did Greater become Global? Assuming TFC thought they were being clever for their marketing I guess. I thought it was a typo on the MLS Soccer twitter until I saw it on the TFC website.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are using Global because of the countries in this city's population but that does smack of a marketing person not from around these parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Global Toronto Area as a word play on the Greater Toronto Area expression for the GTA acronym is better than CTA for Cosmopolitan Toronto Area actually meaning Call To Action on social media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Global Toronto Area (GTA) ?? Did I miss something? Since when did Greater become Global? Assuming TFC thought they were being clever for their marketing I guess. I thought it was a typo on the MLS Soccer twitter until I saw it on the TFC website.

I think it is part of the run up to 2026. Toronto being as culturally diverse as it is, ready to host the world in 2026

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Second team seems to be able to strike the balance between design and simplicity, without overthinking it. Why does the first team jersey always seem flawed in comparison?

I do like the our white kit this year though.