Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other teams make quick pass and move plays look so easy and natural lol, across this whole league. Whenever we get the ball and move it forward it feels like oil & water in terms of players working together and compatibility lol, there’s just nothing free flowing and natural at all lol, like everyone is fighting each others wavelength.

With the players we have, Oso/berna/LI/ibarra there should be a basic ability to just pass and move forward towards the other goal. We just never do it lol- we go wide, we pass back, we try an overlap then pass to no where. Nothing in the realm of just common sense forward passing and moving lol, so bizarre. Hopefully herdman can come in and get those basics nailed down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne hits the post. We can't even get a little glimmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to slaughter every sacred cow this team has.

I would pay half these guys to not show up and rather watch 11 try-yards who actually give a shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should sign another striker so he can immediately get injured and watch the remaining games with the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you told me 4-0 before the game, I'd assume Messi was Messi. Messi wasn't on the pitch for any goal. Oh TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn’t someone usually get fired when we lose by 5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon ref, give negative 2 minutes of extra time. Just end it early

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. Time to go watch some good MLS teams. 2024 can't get here soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol isigne could have run and taken a shot he stopped watched the ball past him then he decides to run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The renewal fyi- dont hang your head on messi even playing 90m or even 45m

Next season miami will be stronger and tfc saddle with bad contracts.

Please renew you get to see messi LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    I know they have the pedigree but the more I see berna and insigne the more it’s be great to find any suitor and let them go somewhere else (I’m in the camp who believes if insigne doesn’t want to be here he’d leave for a smaller Italian club for peanuts if it means being in Italy with family of friends - for romantic reasons and not just to solidify the bag$$)

They are just so one dimensional. We don’t have a milenkovic-savic in the midfield who can enable LI to do his thing, nor elite tier striker to hold things up and let’s him dance in the spaces. Same with berna, they aren’t the type of player that excels in mls, with limited one trick pony playstyles, and guys that care more about their image and brand then the players around them and willing through a result- we need players with the same pedigree of skill with hell of a lot more utility.

We’re probably gonna hold onto them- but we shouldn’t if they can go somewhere else lol.
    Insigne and Berna are SO disappointing.

I recall two specific posters being vociferously promoting the Insigne and Berna signings. Wonder how they feel about them now...

IMO both Insigne and Berna are Bill Manning special: lazy scouting, poor evaluator of players/execs, overpaying for overrated players. He probably just wanted free vacays to Italy and the press that come along with signing two Italian internationals. He's a disease that infects the entire org, and my fear is that no matter who the GM or coach or what players we sign, if he's still in charge, we'll still suck. Bill is THE definition of a carnival barker and self promoter, who's positioned himself mythologically as a genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s something intangible that just has nothing to do with the quality on the pitch. You can see it at the start of matches, when there’s hope. This is the worst team we’ve ever had. And the most we’ve ever spent. Organizational rot off the pitch, leading to rot on it. I’m just sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt watch saw the goals tho.

Boy is tfc bad. I cannot believe majority of you actually watches this mess

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kerr showed signs of getting better - please can he continue to be a slow burn because the last thing he needs is to become the next darling of the WTR crowd.

Franklin also continues to show signs of increasing defensive capability

Apart from that

Fire them all into the sun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    Insigne and Berna are SO disappointing.

I recall two specific posters being vociferously promoting the Insigne and Berna signings. Wonder how they feel about them now...

IMO both Insigne and Berna are Bill Manning special: lazy scouting, poor evaluator of players/execs, overpaying for overrated players. He probably just wanted free vacays to Italy and the press that come along with signing two Italian internationals. He's a disease that infects the entire org, and my fear is that no matter who the GM or coach or what players we sign, if he's still in charge, we'll still suck. Bill is THE definition of a carnival barker and self promoter, who's positioned himself mythologically as a genius.

Copy and paste this in the deathwatch thread and the 2024 renewals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    There’s something intangible that just has nothing to do with the quality on the pitch. You can see it at the start of matches, when there’s hope. This is the worst team we’ve ever had. And the most we’ve ever spent. Organizational rot off the pitch, leading to rot on it. I’m just sad.

Copy and paste this in the death watch thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about sums it up. This club is rotten to core. Well done to all involved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Didnt watch saw the goals tho.

Boy is tfc bad. I cannot believe majority of you actually watches this mess

No

Sorry, but Fecesposting is easy when you only watch the goals against.

You want to earn respect for your opinions - watch the game.

First half we out played them for good long stretches and kept Messi from doing things.

And... as soon as we make a bonehead error to go down a goal, we lose heart. #2 like that....we are in trouble again. Then the 2 real DP's start to hero ball and the midfield goes to feces.

But, hey, sure...just watch the goals against and feces post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our key players are old. Our younger players are just getting started and a few have upside (Kerr, Franklin, Coello), butr none are world beaters. Overall we're a slow team, in terms of individual speed and playing as a team. We field a team of non-complementary players. I'll even go as far as saying that many players are just unprofessional the way they have performed this season. I'm leaning towards poor roster construction and lack of leadership as the issue. I wouldn't rule out a bad locker room either - as The Athletic article detailed (who knows how much of it was real or made up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a mess there is not one player I would keep just garbage every one of them , the first to go needs to be Manning then the two overpriced useless DP’s and the rest of the team to follow a disgrace to the sport and the city all of them. If Herdman can turn this team around then all power to him , but he has a nightmarish task facing him , this organization and team is beyond useless!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I’m not pissing my money up a on the last 2 home games so the 4 ticket tickets l I have for each game is staying in my pocket take the train go to bars and drink at the game to have a laugh we’ll there’s no laughing now I’ve spent enough on alcohol at these games which is well we’ll overpriced nobody has a clue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone remind me why we fired Bradley?

It was very interesting to see Tata embrace both Insigne and Berna after the game. Would love to have heard what they said. My guess “boys, I’m sorry you have such a horrendous manager in place, also I can’t believe with all the money your team spends they didn’t try and hire a legitimate club manager. Here’s hoping you can get out.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No

Sorry, but Fecesposting is easy when you only watch the goals against.

You want to earn respect for your opinions - watch the game.

First half we out played them for good long stretches and kept Messi from doing things.

And... as soon as we make a bonehead error to go down a goal, we lose heart. #2 like that....we are in trouble again. Then the 2 real DP's start to hero ball and the midfield goes to feces.

But, hey, sure...just watch the goals against and feces post.

I didnt ask for your respect nor will it impact my life in anyway- no disrespect intended.

I can post freely what i wish - because i dont watch one game- my opionion isnt respected? LOL WOW.

Didnt know i had to watch full games to have my opinion respected. I like to speak to facts.

For example:

1.the goal where the guy ran from one side of the 18 yard box all by himself to the top of the 18 and then still have space and time to shoot and score is a feces post?
    That was 30 seconds of possession with no one playing defense

2.The last goal tfc allows them to keep possession and allows the runner unmarked.

At this point( "almost having them" - think fast furious movie) means nothing.

I want results, we deserve results .

TFC shut messi down but as soon as alba and messi come on TFC gets lit up. But ya messi no goal no assist TFC held him in check come on.

A reminder:

Highest paid position in the league by TFC:

GK
    LB
    LF

I see absolutely no return on investment including time and well money is becoming even more valuable as we move into 2024.

Ive seen enough of this team that missing a game doesnt change what ive seen and experienced.

Dont tell me how to watch games as money and time invested.

I knew the outcome - like we all did based on experience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firm View Post
    I’m not pissing my money up a on the last 2 home games so the 4 ticket tickets l I have for each game is staying in my pocket take the train go to bars and drink at the game to have a laugh we’ll there’s no laughing now I’ve spent enough on alcohol at these games which is well we’ll overpriced nobody has a clue
    I focus on spending nothing extra on the game. I walk or bike there. (Last Saturday I walked a total of 27km -- beautiful day!) I bring an empty bottle and fill it with nice cold water just inside the supporter's gate. Then I have a great time with the season ticket holders around me, and watch the game if it's worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post

It was very interesting to see Tata embrace both Insigne and Berna after the game. Would love to have heard what they said. My guess “boys, I’m sorry you have such a horrendous manager in place, also I can’t believe with all the money your team spends they didn’t try and hire a legitimate club manager. Here’s hoping you can get out.”
    Oh whatever. They've been total dogshit all year. This isn't just on managing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firm View Post
    Its refreshing to not be excited and let down after spending so much for game day experience.

Ive havent attended a match in almost 3 months maybe june? And i only went to entertain family member from over seas .

Money is very crucial now- i can barely sell my tickets at face value- let alone 50% cost.

It is a decent feeling not being caught in the hype of the bill manning shit show while being able to save some money to recoup from the horrible return in investment from id say 2021.

It isnt easy to do what you are doing when we all have committed time and money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Many reasons but we can start with being the GM and literally, and by a fucking mile (and this is understating it), putting together the worst assembled squad in MLS history when factoring in $ spend despite being given carte blanche to rip apart the bones of the squad he had, start from scratch and build it completely from the ground up in his image. That's a strong start.

Then you get to results.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 09-20-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t learn anything new.

We all knew this version of TFC has no heart and we were going to get killed.

If there was a bright spot, it was that I kinda sorta saw a glimmer of something from the Italians. They weren’t successful but didn’t seem so selfish or pointless, it was more that they were out of sync (and everybody else was too, I mean Oso, I love you, but what the hell was that on that goalmouth pass?).

Yeah, jeez, are we ever bad.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-20-2023 at 10:19 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Oh whatever. They've been total dogshit all year. This isn't just on managing.
    I don’t Disagree that they’ve been dog shit but we have been absolutely atrocious since Bob. Which is insane because we were horrible with him.

I want to believe that Herdman will make things better but I just can’t see him turning this team around let alone the prima donnas. If Goodman is right and they’re gone by the new year, great but I what actual scouting network does Herdman have to bring talent here that can actually play? Our youth just do not cut it at this level or at least they are really struggling for consistency. I know the only way to get that is through playing but you need to play in an environment where you have a group that does shatter into a million pieces as soon as things go south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree. And yet even by making the absolute worst roster ever produced in MLS, he still was managing to get more points per game the dunfield who is working with a better roster than the start of the season.

11 games, 1 win, 10 losses, 6 goals for, 24 goals against. Whatever bad habits TD is trying to undue, it’s only gotten worse.