Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 29 - TFCX @ Miami - Wed Sept 20 7:38pm - And then We Play the...

Have at It People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saved you all some time. This is the most relevant scouting video available. That's us, in the yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQI54vUEgDg
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Messi is back for this?

I gotta wonder if Herdman is starting Oct. 1st to avoid being embarrassed in this game with massive viewership. Or who the F knows, maybe facing the superstars motivates TFC to play more like they did against Philly, and they keep the score semi-respectable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I guess Messi is back for this?

I gotta wonder if Herdman is starting Oct. 1st to avoid being embarrassed in this game with massive viewership. Or who the F knows, maybe facing the superstars motivates TFC to play more like they did against Philly, and they keep the score semi-respectable.
    I think Herdman wants a break before he starts a new job (that’s my interpretation at least). But I think you’re right that the club purposely made it a late start date to keep the sample size small.

Either the team gets a result or two and they market the crap out of it. Or if it fails, they just call it a work in progress without having a long enough track record where it draws into question their plan.

Probably the same reason our two newest players are mysteriously on “lower body injury FC” at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman almost certainly had a contractual notice period. I wouldn’t read anything into the October 1 date.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that and we play the probable shield winners on the 30th and getting pasted is likely.

Charlotte away on a Wed night is a more doable result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why even take over for a few games? Just start fresh after a full pre-season. Why introduce yourself and tactics to a group that will most likely not even be here in two years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why even take over for a few games? Just start fresh after a full pre-season. Why introduce yourself and tactics to a group that will most likely not even be here in two years.
    Probably because Herdman wants to get the heck away from CSA as soon as possible.

And because TFC wants to offer some kind of hope to sell season tickets for next year -- also as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend everyone mute the audio and play this overtop of the game instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I saved you all some time. This is the most relevant scouting video available. That's us, in the yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQI54vUEgDg
    Lol.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I recommend everyone mute the audio and play this overtop of the game instead.

Ah, youtube. I believe the title, rather than "Harlem Globetrotters Song", is "Sweet Georgia Brown." Maceo Pinkard, who composed it, also composed many of Billie Holliday's hit songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lukas MacNaughton has kept Messi off the scoreboard twice this season, but clearly, Bob being the judge of talent that he... AAARARRGGGH.

You know, I wasn't exactly quiet when we traded either him or Shaffelburg. Wasn't exactly wrong, either. Which of our stalward defenders is going to both close down the middle and ensure Jordi Alba doesn't get the low cross in? Shane O'Neil?

Let's put Michael on him. After all, he's also 36 and his legs are totally up for it, right?

AAAARGH.

(I'm going to go find that room in Starfield that has the poster with "bang head here on it" up on one of the walls).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe to review who stay and who goes.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is time for the Italian experiment to end. They should be benched for this game. If an academy player came up and played and had the amount of turnovers through bad passes or dribbling into 2 and 3 defenders with his head down, as these 2 do every match he would never see the pitch again. Hopefully our new players are fit and ready. If they are, here is my line up.
    Mailula Owuso
    Osorio Vazquez Coello
    Bradley Ibarra
    Rosted Mbongue O'Neil
    Romero
    Vazquez is our most creative and skilled player. Let him roam like Messi and then feed the attackers. Need to try a new formation 3-2-3-2 because nothing else has worked. Those going to game, enjoy. Watching Messi live is a treat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    It is time for the Italian experiment to end. They should be benched for this game. If an academy player came up and played and had the amount of turnovers through bad passes or dribbling into 2 and 3 defenders with his head down, as these 2 do every match he would never see the pitch again. Hopefully our new players are fit and ready. If they are, here is my line up.
    Mailula Owuso
    Osorio Vazquez Coello
    Bradley Ibarra
    Rosted Mbongue O'Neil
    Romero
    Vazquez is our most creative and skilled player. Let him roam like Messi and then feed the attackers. Need to try a new formation 3-2-3-2 because nothing else has worked. Those going to game, enjoy. Watching Messi live is a treat.
    If not for that assist, I'd bench Insigne on performance alone.

He displays a lot of passion, but he keeps trying to do arrogant things. I don't think he's completed even a third of his attempts at a cross-field switch, his free kicks are never on frame, and he spent most of that match looking for shooting angles he wasn't going to get.

If a guy knows he'll never sit, it's very hard to keep him as motivated as possible. He knows we don't have a winning roster, he likely does not blame himself, and he's making $15M a year. It's just a recipe for half-assed performances.

I thought Bernardeschi busted his ass, but just made really, really bad decisions all afternoon. I suspect he's never going to be a player who can play MLS style football. There's just not enough pace around him for his style of game, and not enough desire to serve up an assist.

The dude plays like a second striker. He just wants space to shoot all the time on his left foot, so he wants to come from wide right. We're accommodating him, not using his talents to their utmost. He'd actually be much more effective on the left (where he had a higher scoring rate at Fiorentina, when he was still a regular scorer) because he'd dish up danger crosses all day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Lukas MacNaughton has kept Messi off the scoreboard twice this season, but clearly, Bob being the judge of talent that he... AAARARRGGGH.

You know, I wasn't exactly quiet when we traded either him or Shaffelburg. Wasn't exactly wrong, either. Which of our stalward defenders is going to both close down the middle and ensure Jordi Alba doesn't get the low cross in? Shane O'Neil?

Let's put Michael on him. After all, he's also 36 and his legs are totally up for it, right?

AAAARGH.

(I'm going to go find that room in Starfield that has the poster with "bang head here on it" up on one of the walls).
    Never like the MacNaughton trade from the beginning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if the Italians really want out, they should put on as show Wednesday, as it's going to be the biggest audience they get in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is going to compete against Lionel Messi in a competitive match. That idea just a year ago was incredibly far-fetched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    TFC is going to compete against Lionel Messi in a competitive match. That idea just a year ago was incredibly far-fetched.
    The notion of it being competitive remains somewhat far-fetched.

I wonder if Owusu and Mailula will suddenly recover. I also wonder if the team is keeping them out so they have a fresher start next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If every DP is on the pitch this will be the most expensive(salary wise) match in MLS history?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If every DP is on the pitch this will be the most expensive(salary wise) match in MLS history?
    It will also include the two most overrated and overpaid DPs - our two Italians. Sadly. Maybe the Messi hype, will get them to play better.

Hopefully Mailula and Owuso get minutes. It's really wild how many injuries we've had over the last couple of years, even to players that are JUST signed to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    It will also include the two most overrated and overpaid DPs - our two Italians. Sadly. Maybe the Messi hype, will get them to play better.

Hopefully Mailula and Owuso get minutes. It's really wild how many injuries we've had over the last couple of years, even to players that are JUST signed to the team.
    I don't really understand their apparent injuries. It seems odd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand their apparent injuries. It seems odd.
    Lower leagues in Europe are rife with stories of players sold with hidden injuries.

There is no chance that our crack FO got taken for a ride here, right…?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if Owusu and Mailula will suddenly recover. I also wonder if the team is keeping them out so they have a fresher start next season.
    I think a fresher start on October 1st. They need a Herdman, more acclimated new guys, and motivated DP push for the last few matches to hang their season membership price jack on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/francopanizo/sta...621721269?s=46

This read to me like Messi is not playing the full 90 and may not start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    https://twitter.com/francopanizo/sta...621721269?s=46

This read to me like Messi is not playing the full 90 and may not start
    Translation: We can probably beat them without using Messi / Alba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translation: We can probably beat them without using Messi / Alba.
    Exactly, sadly, if you're circling a 'gimme' on the calendar, home to us is about as good as you can get. It's never a guarantee, but this is a logical day to rest your older stars.

Which means it's possibly an opportunity for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, sadly, if you're circling a 'gimme' on the calendar, home to us is about as good as you can get. It's never a guarantee, but this is a logical day to rest your older stars.

Which means it's possibly an opportunity for us
    He was just rested though. Can't see him not playing two straight games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He was just rested though. Can't see him not playing two straight games.
    Maybe, but Tata is saying they have 6 matches in 18 days. He won't play all of them. And if you're taking him out of any game, a very, very likely candidate is a home game against absolutely woeful opposition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but Tata is saying they have 6 matches in 18 days. He won't play all of them. And if you're taking him out of any game, a very, very likely candidate is a home game against absolutely woeful opposition
    You really think we're that bad?

Kidding. Kidding.