Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The truth is we have no heart.

We were all over this match , got ahead, and then stopped working, stopped adjusting. We got outcoached and outworked in the second half.

Need to start an offseason countdown in the thread titles, so we can get a sense it will soon all be over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, after that display, Bradley should never play center back again. Experiment over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Listen, Sebastian Giovinco helped the current joke that is TFC win a treble.

CJ Sapong helped Rub A5-35 sell a few more tubes.

That’s the point.

I have yet to see a single person claim we’re gonna set the world on fire with Giovinco on the roster.
    It was 6 years ago. We can all appreciate and love Seba for that. We need to move on from 2017 to actually win again though. I wish Prince and Mailula were healthy enough so we could see what we have in them instead of subbing in guys like Sapong and O'Neill or wishing a semi-retired club legend would come back for nostalgia reasons.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, each game gives something

This one - Kerr and from what I saw of them, Coello & Ibarra

That and it was interesting seeing Vasquez out play Bradley.

Dunfield is gone soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Also, after that display, Bradley should never play center back again. Experiment over.
    Agreed.

Unfortunately for us Mabika has demonstrated that he doesn’t give a shit, and O’Neill might make a better barista than CB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's crocked. Playing him at all is a waste of playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Hernandez's biggest test is how he deals with the Michael Bradley situation. He is a club legend and should be treated as such, but he is also well past it with a seemingly guaranteed contract next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It was 6 years ago. We can all appreciate and love Seba for that. We need to move on from 2017 to actually win again though. I wish Prince and Mailula were healthy enough so we could see what we have in them instead of subbing in guys like Sapong and O'Neill or wishing a semi-retired club legend would come back for nostalgia reasons.
    Most of us have moved on from 2017. Hell I was adamantly opposed to bringing Seba back in January.

After watching this season, I can not, and will not put one bad word on anyone’s name who legitimately gives a shit about this club.

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve been forced to watch a TFC player give up this season I’d have Messi as a DP on my expansion MLS team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I’m so sad they were pink they deserve to to loose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a brutal second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Most of us have moved on from 2017. Hell I was adamantly opposed to bringing Seba back in January.

After watching this season, I can not, and will not put one bad word on anyone’s name who legitimately gives a shit about this club.

If I had a dollar for every time I’ve been forced to watch a TFC player give up this season I’d have Messi as a DP on my expansion MLS team.
    I was gonna do the whole Seba ditching us for Saudi thing, but let's be real, we have all been through the ringer these last two years. We just gotta keep the faith and hope Herdman knows what the hell he is doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, maybe we shouldn’t read too much into this. It was just a continuation of things we already know.

But looking towards next season. I don’t know, baring a miracle, how we even make it to the top half. So much dead weight on this team and so many problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ngl I think a twitch stream could be programmed, and produce better substitutions then TD. I missed a small chunk of the game there but was Kerr injured? Why would you reward a kid finally making some good runs and getting connections going with the italians by subbing him off for a tree who can barely run anymore and doesn't have the pace to get into any attacking position.

Every sub barring blessing only made our team slower and actually made us worse. Some of those subs would have been better off if he didn't do anything instead of doing something. Bradley shoulda came off if he wanted o'neil on - and just leave ibarra/blessing/oso in the mid with a late sub vazquez. Kerr could have ran full 90 (unless i'm missing an injury).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Home is red not pink, if I new they we’re wearing this strip I should have stayed at home if I was a player I would not step on the pitch
    Last edited by firm; 09-16-2023 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dunfield is gone soon
    Well, perhaps not completely gone. It has already been mentioned that Dunfield will be on Herdman's first team staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it next season yet?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What is with the fire truck visible just outside at the southeast corner?
    Smart planning, impending dumpster fire needed a fire truck at the ready.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firm View Post
    Home is red not pink...
    We don't have a red uniform.

And, for unknown reasons, it feels like the players like the blue/pink kit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really are a complete coaching failure. I can't ever recall watching any team anywhere where players so regularly are "in each other's way", don't know what they should be doing or where they should be.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really are a complete coaching failure. I can't ever recall watching any team anywhere where players so regularly are "in each other's way", don't know what they should be doing or where they should be.
    Toronto FC circa 2012 is probably the last one I remember like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Toronto FC circa 2012 is probably the last one I remember like this.
    It was a long time ago but that team was a bit of a hard luck team, losing a bunch of tight games… whereas this team is mostly just getting blown off the field, with xG more lopsided than the game score.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prior to the Philly game, Dunfield alluded to it being difficult to undo the habits Bob had ingrained. They then went out and looked like a different team.

But then yesterday, they just reverted to the same shit again, trying to constantly play from deep when being pressed, putting too much space between the lines.

The Italians were really the problem. They just don't want to play directly, quickly. They constantly held on and dribbled into trouble, constantly tried to take on more than one person.

My cynical side says they're both trying to showboat to put together enough highlight reels to get out of here. They both had excellent work rates, but I've never seen so many bad decisions from two players of such supposed quality.

Insigne's flick on to Kerr for the assist was about all he offered, all night. Three free kicks from the edge of the box and he can't even put ONE on frame?

They were horrendous. Osorio, who has been a ghost this year, was twice the player of either of them.

Bradley's second half was equally horrendous.

Basically, we were let down yesterday by the most veteran, allegedly senior members of the team. They stopped playing team football again and started trying to force their brilliance, and we fell apart as a result.

I think when they scored off the open header, the two of them just decided individually they were each going to get the game winner, at which point things like finding open teammates and keeping shape got tossed out the window.

WE were disciplined in the first half, but reverting to Bob ball, with everything an overlap, everything moving slow,.,.... GAAAHHHHHH!

Sorry, I can't take much more of this season of stupidity.

Coello was sort of anonymous in this one, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prior to the Philly game, Dunfield alluded to it being difficult to undo the habits Bob had ingrained. They then went out and looked like a different team.

But then yesterday, they just reverted to the same shit again, trying to constantly play from deep when being pressed, putting too much space between the lines.

The Italians were really the problem. They just don't want to play directly, quickly. They constantly held on and dribbled into trouble, constantly tried to take on more than one person.

My cynical side says they're both trying to showboat to put together enough highlight reels to get out of here. They both had excellent work rates, but I've never seen so many bad decisions from two players of such supposed quality.

Insigne's flick on to Kerr for the assist was about all he offered, all night. Three free kicks from the edge of the box and he can't even put ONE on frame?

They were horrendous. Osorio, who has been a ghost this year, was twice the player of either of them.

Bradley's second half was equally horrendous.

Basically, we were let down yesterday by the most veteran, allegedly senior members of the team. They stopped playing team football again and started trying to force their brilliance, and we fell apart as a result.

I think when they scored off the open header, the two of them just decided individually they were each going to get the game winner, at which point things like finding open teammates and keeping shape got tossed out the window.

WE were disciplined in the first half, but reverting to Bob ball, with everything an overlap, everything moving slow,.,.... GAAAHHHHHH!

Sorry, I can't take much more of this season of stupidity.

Coello was sort of anonymous in this one, too.

You are spot on. The only quality in the second half was when Vasquez came on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make that anywhere. He is done. Enough. He is hurting this team. I don't care if he doesn't like it...bench him, for the last few games, give the arm band to a real leader on this team and pay him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And to think Osorios camp was able to peddle that he was in demand in Europe...he has been horrendous this year....no idea what happened to him..but he is also done. And on BIG bucks as well....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have definitely never been a huge fan so take for what it's worth but Bradley couldn't play centre half in his prime, why on earth are we starting him there? Is there some city bylaw somewhere that says the man must play every minute available for us no matter what?