Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That depends on who is calling the shots and has the real power in the organization: Is it Hernandez, Manning, or the MLSE board? If it's those last two, then the stupidities are guaranteed.
    You seriously think they are going to trade the pick + a million in allocation money?

My issue is the hyperbole / PTSD is so strong around here people suggest the worst will happen when its more likely just to be mediocre.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You seriously think they are going to trade the pick + a million in allocation money?

My issue is the hyperbole / PTSD is so strong around here people suggest the worst will happen when its more likely just to be mediocre.
    Well just to spitball here….suspect Diomande/Petretta/Rosted, in addition to the Italians, may all be buyout candidates, as all of them make far more than their market value.

We can only buyout one of them. We spent a high superdraft pick to do a second buy out for Dom Dwyer not that long ago, and these guys are on a lot more money than Dwyer was making.

So trading that top superdraft pick plus some real GAM to buy out, say, a Diomande, is hardly farfetched.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-02-2023 at 12:10 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Well just to spitball here….suspect Diomande/Petretta/Rosted, in addition to the Italians, may all be buyout candidates, as all of them make far more than their market value.

We can only buyout one of them. We spent a high superdraft pick to do a second buy out for Dom Dwyer not that long ago, and these guys are on a lot more money than Dwyer was making.

So trading that top superdraft pick plus some real GAM to buy out, say, a Diomande, is hardly farfetched.
    Please no!!! Let’s stop the rush to win at all costs, they so badly screwed the organization up with their arrogance and lack of judgement. Now i am not saying that the above isn’t a potential option, but i would think 4 times before doing it, we have to take our lumps for being so stupid.

Find the best young candidate in the Superdraft and then don’t let them go the year before they blossom - sooooo stupid!!!. Is there a site anywhere that ranks the eligible draft players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, maybe we need to accept the ceiling next year is being “okay” and battling to be mid table while we wait for some of these contracts to come off.

I would definitely use our one buyout on somebody though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, maybe we need to accept the ceiling next year is being “okay” and battling to be mid table while we wait for some of these contracts to come off.

I would definitely use our one buyout on somebody though.
    It might well be worth trading a first pick for a buyout if there's no one in the draft with real potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After punting two high picks in a row in the Dywer and Kaye trades, I'd rather us just take a shot at a pick, seeing as we haven't made a decent trade with the picks anyways.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically cant we buy out one contract this year and one next year if we wanted to without giving up our draft?

Btw McNaughton was competent enough to start last night without Zimmerman. Lets dump a 100k salary +$200k in GAM for Sapong. (As an aside Sapong has been a Pro commitment wise, so not dumping on him)

Seriously, under Manning’s watch…. People like to say he gave all the authority to Curtis and then Bradley to make decisions. I say laziness, absent landlord with no checks or balances!! Fire Manning.