Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Like he hasn't recovered since seeing his bank account post contract extension and giving up.
    Fixed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This Mabika guy should never I repeat never see the field again how many screw ups every game , the guy just kept advancing in soccer because of his height , the guy is totally useless release this guy after tonight , having no one there would be better Jesus Christ .
    This was the knock in Miami. Phil Neville gave him a shot even though everyone said he was too inconsistent. For a couple of matches he was okay, but then same deal, as the general pressure on the team increased, his composure decreased.

I'm amazed how little composure we have. The only players who routinely seem to exhibit tonight are Coello, Bernardeschi and...I don't know, that's it really. Insigne is just choke central. Chokes on the shot, decides he won't pass to anyone but Bernie but leaves three in a row short...

Just an embarrassing performance from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kerr covering his mouth as he talks to russell rowe so the camera won't see what he says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No composure on the team, no coaching for a consistent pace of play. Sloppy passes, tentative passes and movement.

This is just an incredibly badly coached team.

I can't say I'm surprised they haven't kept Stalteri on as a field coach if he was responsible for any of this under Bob.

Whoever they get has to bring in the full meal deal of staff. No hangers on from this shitshow.
    might explain why they asked Insigne and probably others like Vazquez to work those drills with the young guys lol. Like Conway is gonna show these guys how to take a one touch turn around defender or midfielder lol.

Seriously tho... When I saw Conway out there with a clipboard trying to tactically direct traffic for the squad there halfway during this game... to quote Caldwell "we're just at 6s n 7s" atm lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else think they should hire someone even with this season already done? Fuck the waiting. Any change right now would be positive, even if we only see anything from it in the last five games of the season.

Or is that unfair to whoever's taking over?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man it’s tough to watch this team. They’ve clearly given up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else think they should hire someone even with this season already done? Fuck the waiting. Any change right now would be positive, even if we only see anything from it in the last five games of the season.

Depends on what you think is there to work around for next season.

BTW, I disagree on Insigne - he at least tries stuff & gets places and thinks. Problem is he needs a good LB & LM around him who can support him & a CF who can score - we have 0 of that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Man it’s tough to watch this team. They’ve clearly given up.
    Yup...that's the tough bit. Team gives up.

Waiting for a pundit to ask that again or at least talk about it - Molinaro asked it after the NYC game - if CBUs had scored like they should have tonight, it would have been 5. Dunfield is going to deny it and his enablers in pundit land will too - they will talk about how "the atmosphere changed"

Well I'm going to say this, Bradley had to go

&

this team never gave up like this when BB was in charge.

Even in the darkest times of the last 16 years, I have never seen at TFC team give up like this one has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 with what Og added. I think it depends on how much of the roster they want to try and pick apart and keep long term. Were getting to a point now where this isn't just form, poor coaching, or poor player skill. Anyone in the club remotely worth building on (save the new lads), between Armas to Dunfield - have only played in a culture where the results of their work resulted in losses, or ties- a complete losers mentality.

You can see that in todays game. They truly were only down 1-0 before that RR goal. Not a single player who started the game (maybe a few spirts of effort), appeared to have this sense of clarity that were like fuck me boys were 1 goal away from a point. Lets focus up here, play for ourselves and our own pride, and lets just throw shit at the net and see if we can't make something happen!. They all just fucked around, 0 real intensity; almost as if its now a self fulfilled prophecy because they only know to come out onto the pitch to lose. It's a brutal state- I don't think many managers are gonna get results this season if they need to use this player base, and this staff- No matter the training regiment change up, tactical choices, in game changes and micromanagement. This club is full of losers atm (and that's a tough thing to say).

If they genuinely want to salvage these guys lol, they might as well bring 1-2 psychologists into the squad so they can air out the laundry and get their self belief and confidence levels back - so they can get back to enjoying the game again, and not only ever thinking that their work in training and preparation will result in a loss, arguing on the field/tantrums, or battling for a tie. I don't think that is all too far fetched - this club will have to break apart most of these players I feel - because even with a new coach the past few years will have left semi permanent negative relationships with groups of them. If its Herdman... he's gonna have to pull a Scott Arfield and do some cutting lol.

Obviously every single coach or club level staffer should be slowly moved out. We simply need an overhaul of positive vibes, new fresh takes, and nobody that can carry over any of the negative effects of this bullshit run. Not a single staffer that is in around the players bench should be here in a year. TBH - if i'm a prospective coach coming in to this club - i'm seeing the level of leaks clearly coming from players and staffers - and there's no way in hell I trust many of them to not to the same shit if I came in.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 08-26-2023 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tied for last in MLS with the Rapids now. And they have two games in hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is worse than 2012. We are redefining rock bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, I guess I'm glad I've been on vacation the past week and couldn't watch the games. Reading through the threads, seems like it was just more and more disappointment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just figured it out…. We are tanking the season for the superdraft pick.
    Manning is a very stable genius!
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 08-27-2023 at 03:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless it's Herdman and the deal is at least close to being done, who of quality are you going to get at this point, the person is totally our of work right now. I guess someone like Caleb Porter , a veteran MLS experienced coach could step in now. They have to get this one absolutely right or this thing could slide into a place this team has never been. We saw it in 2012-13 where one more bad season could have done real damage. I simply see them letting Terry ride this season out regardless of anything.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Unless it's Herdman and the deal is at least close to being done, who of quality are you going to get at this point, the person is totally our of work right now. I guess someone like Caleb Porter , a veteran MLS experienced coach could step in now. They have to get this one absolutely right or this thing could slide into a place this team has never been. We saw it in 2012-13 where one more bad season could have done real damage. I simply see them letting Terry ride this season out regardless of anything.
    In my opinion Savarese over Porter. He is proven on a lower budget team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replay of the goal. Definitely primarily a Mabika issue but wholly god Bradley looks slow trying to run that down.

Time to hang ‘em up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup...that's the tough bit. Team gives up.

Waiting for a pundit to ask that again or at least talk about it - Molinaro asked it after the NYC game - if CBUs had scored like they should have tonight, it would have been 5. Dunfield is going to deny it and his enablers in pundit land will too - they will talk about how "the atmosphere changed"

Well I'm going to say this, Bradley had to go

&

this team never gave up like this when BB was in charge.

Even in the darkest times of the last 16 years, I have never seen at TFC team give up like this one has.

Couldn't agree more. We've never been as awful as we have with TD managing this team. We're getting outworked, outplayed and outsmarted all over the pitch.

I will also say this, Herdman is not the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New record boys. 10 defeats in a row. Winter can finally end the claim of worst period in TFC history. It's been beaten.

Now how about we get a striker NEXT?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez, watching the highlights of that was painful. Looked like good chances were about 10-2.

How is that MacNaughton for Mabika swap (if that is what is was) looking now?

[EDIT: have now read thread, I see I was far from the only one jumping on Mabika]
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look I know it’s not entirely all on Dunfield but he is the coach right now and since he has taken over they have only one goal and no points and have lost every game . I don’t know what aspirations he has for the future in terms of coaching at the pro level but who in their right mind will ever hire this guy , moreover , with the academy being in shambles where the players coming through just never seem to be good enough in the end and he having played a pretty significant role in that academy over the years , I think his time at least at even the MLS academy level for any MLS team might be done .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jeez, watching the highlights of that was painful. Looked like good chances were about 10-2.

[EDIT: have now read thread, I see I was far from the only one jumping on Mabika]
    The time to ask this was probably not on the heels of Nashville getting lit up for 4, and Macnaughton playing the full 90 while looking atrocious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Well we were in it until near the end and showed a lot of heart"

Dunfield in about 15 minutes.
    Turns out he went on about "how we are becoming hard to beat".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Turns out he went on about "how we are becoming hard to beat".

A team giving up 31 shots is not hard to beat.

I'm sure his remit was to remain positive no matter what but there are limits to logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Sort of hard to tell without giving Mabika a more solid parter to play with. Otherwise it’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

But even if we just took that trade in isolation. Sapong looks awful and MacNaughton could be a useful player in this league for another half decade or more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Sort of hard to tell without giving Mabika a more solid parter to play with. Otherwise it’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

But even if we just took that trade in isolation. Sapong looks awful and MacNaughton could be a useful player in this league for another half decade or more.
    Give Mabika a proper partner ? I don’t think so just look at the mistakes this guy keeps making and a better partner is not going to help him when he gets completely turned last Sunday on one of those Montreal goals and last night where he lost the track of the ball and then was easily beat on that 2nd Crew goal . Either he is not ready for this level yet or he is just not good enough .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The time to ask this was probably not on the heels of Nashville getting lit up for 4, and Macnaughton playing the full 90 while looking atrocious.
    I am travelling, didn't see that.

General statement: MacNaughton has won the confidence of a very good team pretty quickly. He started against Miami last week in the leagues Cup final, and was excellent.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Give Mabika a proper partner ? I don’t think so just look at the mistakes this guy keeps making and a better partner is not going to help him when he gets completely turned last Sunday on one of those Montreal goals and last night where he lost the track of the ball and then was easily beat on that 2nd Crew goal . Either he is not ready for this level yet or he is just not good enough .
    I tend to agree with your view but in fairness we’ve seen this with McNaughton, Mavinga, and others. Having a top dog back there makes a ton of difference.

Going into this season, before we made moves, I would have said we need an entirely new CB pairing and a rebuilt midfield. And look where we are now? Essentially the exact same place

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the longest mls losing run ever?

surely if we keep dunfield in place we'll break it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio looks done.......for TFC and especially Canada!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    what's the longest mls losing run ever?

surely if we keep dunfield in place we'll break it.
    Most losses in a row was Cincinnati from fall 2021-spring 2022 (14).

Most losses in a season was the 1999 Metrostars (25).

Toronto could beat the Cincinnati record, but I'm afraid that the Metrostars record is out of reach for this season.