Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 26 - TFC @ Columbus - Sat Aug 26 7:38 pm - Its All (We got) to Play For

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Have at It People
    None of us even dare, at this point.

I guess I can only hope he starts Coello, so we have some progressive passing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, its a trophy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...that we don't have a hope of winning given how dysfunctional the organization is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ...that we don't have a hope of winning given how dysfunctional the organization is.
    Seriously the chances of winning this match have to be like 2% or less.

We're way more likely to get a solid 4-0 hammering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumb luck means we have to fall into points eventually, even the worst teams in the best leagues don't get absolutely 0 points. It won't be pretty or mean anything but hey maybe this is one such day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Dumb luck means we have to fall into points eventually, even the worst teams in the best leagues don't get absolutely 0 points. It won't be pretty or mean anything but hey maybe this is one such day
    Nah, if we're getting any points in the remaining matches it would most likely be against Charlotte, NYRB, or maybe Vancouver. The first two played poorly against us earlier and let us do what we wanted as slow as we wanted to do it and if that happens again we have a chance. Vancouver just to bother Laryea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Okay so we know he is a whiny little shit and he isn't living up to DP level in MLS but he is probably right to yell at Dunfield because much like Bob, Dunfield is total shit and the players know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is so screwed.

I know we’ve all typed the same thing 30,000x but how is Bill still here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Okay so we know he is a whiny little shit and he isn't living up to DP level in MLS but he is probably right to yell at Dunfield because much like Bob, Dunfield is total shit and the players know it.
    Yeah, let’s not mince words here, Terry has been worse than Bob. Which is rather awe inspiring.

The more of this stuff I see the more I respect Perez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't let Terry coach a timbits soccer team, let alone a "Professional" club. Who knows how much damage he has already done in the academy.

We have got to stop this madness.

You don't buy a Ferrari, and have it serviced and calibrated by your local handyman(No offense), you need precision industry knowledge to make it work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You don't buy a Ferrari, and have it serviced and calibrated by your local handyman(No offense), you need precision industry knowledge to make it work.
    Comparing Terry to your local handyman is offensive to the handyman. Terry is more like getting your drunk buddy who took autoshop in high school to fix your Ferrari.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing Terry to your local handyman is offensive to the handyman. Terry is more like getting your drunk buddy who took autoshop in high school to fix your Ferrari.
    Oof, and I was trying to be nice because he's a good guy, and didn't slack as a player for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, what's going on here.

I think I'm more amazed that this crap continues to find its way to the Athletic. Somebody has to have an axe to grind with our FO. I'm sure training dustups happen all over, yet somehow only ours goes public?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, this is agenda driven.

&

TD is a crap coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, weren't what is left of our local media at training? Why didn't they report on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

I think I'm more amazed that this crap continues to find its way to the Athletic. Somebody has to have an axe to grind with our FO. I'm sure training dustups happen all over, yet somehow only ours goes public?
    I don't think there's any struggling sports teams that don't have issues like this.

Without knowing the context, I'm still going to say Insigne was probably right. Dunfield is in way over his head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, weren't what is left of our local media at training? Why didn't they report on this?
    If they do then the team will revoke their press passes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alejandra rueda (director of medial relations for TFC) -seems like the downfall is aligned with her as well LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, guys. We are only playing two of the better teams this next week. Columbus followed by Philadelphia. I'm sure things will get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

People are unhappy and need to vent. That’s my take at least.

If they ran a normal, functional environment they wouldn’t be so leaky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say there's a good chance someone at the club with very poor judgment leaked this, hoping a narrative about the petulant Italians would distract from the continual tone of ineptitude.

"Get them hating the Italians again." I mean, they may both be horrible pains in the ass, but there's no winning in this shit right now. Nobody's going to benefit from that.

Maybe the media were present when it happened or saw him storm back into the building. Who knows.

It does indicate his frustration level, however. And when he talks about other stars getting better treatment, he could as easily be pointing to Miami hiring Martino as he is to any kind of training deference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, let’s not mince words here, Terry has been worse than Bob. Which is rather awe inspiring.

The more of this stuff I see the more I respect Perez.
    I made a comment on the live cast of TTID this past monday. Basically stating how horrible Dunfield has been and what's worse is that he's been involved in training our youth - implying how the old boys' club continues and we can't hire anyone that is competent. Neskar especially got quite upset by me making such a disdainful comment. He retorted how important it is that Terry brought a softer touch to the team and how great he has been with the U17s.

Bob, like all coaches had his own issues, including playing favourites but Terry has led us completely astray. We've all said it. Bill CANNOT be allowed to make the next hire. We desperately need a proper Football President that can right this ship including hiring all new staff rather than just the guys we like because they're nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The spin seems to be that this is all Insigne's fault and Terry Dunfield is a saint in this matter. Someone in the club definitely leaked this to make the Italians the scapegoats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I made a comment on the live cast of TTID this past monday. Basically stating how horrible Dunfield has been and what's worse is that he's been involved in training our youth - implying how the old boys' club continues and we can't hire anyone that is competent. Neskar especially got quite upset by me making such a disdainful comment. He retorted how important it is that Terry brought a softer touch to the team and how great he has been with the U17s.

Bob, like all coaches had his own issues, including playing favourites but Terry has led us completely astray. We've all said it. Bill CANNOT be allowed to make the next hire. We desperately need a proper Football President that can right this ship including hiring all new staff rather than just the guys we like because they're nice.
    Neskar’s opinions are generally terrible. I avoid anything he’s involved with.

I agree, a new president is the only way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they were covering the bbq at the zoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Terry’s defence - who is gonna turn down the chance to joy ride a Ferrari especially when the belong to a bald headed dimwit who bought 2 broken down ones from curb siders just cause they were Italian and red and he wanted to relive his past glory days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Maybe they were covering the bbq at the zoo
    I’m hoping the president was doing the BBQ’ing next to the lion pit and a low ledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are hilarious. 😂