Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those two goals were based on individual brilliance.

Our defeats are based on systemic ineptitude.

I am finding it hard to believe that these guys practice in any way other then "just through out the ball and have some fun".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    O’Neil , Mabika and Rosted have to go are all useless but of course they will go to another MLS team and shine lol . However, they are just pylons , 9 more games with these 3 unfortunately.
    The young 16 year old has been our best centre back this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the comments here I can’t bring myself to watch the match. My great hope was that Hedges would get healthy and we’d have a chance.

Starting 11 was poor but if we add in a few guys to that who were on the bench we should have an eleven that can win games. We’d need a proper manager though.

Actually, maybe I’ll watch the last how many minutes VV had. I think he could still be a kick to watch despite his age. You can’t take that kind of skill and attitude away from him. And he should be good in training and in moments on the pitch. I can believe that he is good to have in training… who wants to look bad in front of this deeply skilled veteran?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VV is....slow. His mind is there and his passing will be good but he needs runners in front of him. But he also came back and attempted to take up space defensively, which is more then I can say for JMR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    VV is....slow. His mind is there and his passing will be good but he needs runners in front of him. But he also came back and attempted to take up space defensively, which is more then I can say for JMR.
    When I see JMR in the starting XI then I know we're not serious about winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield needs to have some balls in his selections.

JMR shouldn't see another start. Guys like Bradley and Osorio shouldn't be automatics just cause of there name.

I'm happy for Berna, I truly thought he might have been totally lost. Insigne played excellent too.

But like if I'm dunfield and I'm seeing what works here's the lineup. Cassius the only unknown but he's more then deserving of the chance.

‐-----------Prince‐--------
    Insigne - Berna - Mailula
    ------Ibarra- Coello‐-----

Defense won't even write just pylons anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't watch the match, just saw the highlights now.
    How was Romero overall?

Good to see Bernadeschi take a shot (and score) with his right foot.
    How was Bradley? Same old of playing behind the CBs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    How was Romero overall?

Romero looked rusty. Not 100% assured out there.

As for Bradley; time to hang 'em up. The writing is on the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    When I see JMR in the starting XI then I know we're not serious about winning.
    Was at the match. Got home and reviewed end of match footage. I noticed live that Lollo had left the pitch after full time upset; confirmed. I will take it as a good sign for now and as being more than expected after such a loss; as being at least engaged or committed. BTW, I thought I saw VV as well immediately leave the pitch upset. I was not able to confirm by any footage and am probably wrong but he seemed more angry than upset. He seemed to walk right past someone, apparently brushing him aside or ignoring, who than chased after him towards the tunnel trying to continue to engage. It appeared to me to be someone who resembled Jason Hernandez. Did anyone else perhaps notice this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    After reading the comments here I can’t bring myself to watch the match. My great hope was that Hedges would get healthy and we’d have a chance.
    Hedges is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old guard all need to be on the exit list this off season Osorio excluded as we won't be able too).

And Hernandez needs to have his starting XI be people that will actually be here.

Gone:
    JMR to TFC2
    Bradley retires
    Oneill
    Mabika
    Sapong
    Akinola
    Diomande

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    How was Romero overall?

He looked a bit shakey and inexperienced at times. Overall okay, but I don’t think anyone should be ready to start him over SJ just yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

main goal needs to be to keep insigne healthy.

we're just a completely different team with him on the pitch.

we didn't look remotely like scoring before he came on. our goalless streak started basically when he got injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    The old guard all need to be on the exit list this off season Osorio excluded as we won't be able too).
    To your point, it's unlikely we find anyone to take Osorio at his age/wage/recent injury history. However, if we can, we need to jump at the opportunity. It's a crime to have him as a DP, and frankly an equally bad use of TAM as well. We need scorched earth here and to get back as many DP/TAM/U22 spots as possible if we want this rebuild to bare any fruit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    To your point, it's unlikely we find anyone to take Osorio at his age/wage/recent injury history. However, if we can, we need to jump at the opportunity. It's a crime to have him as a DP, and frankly an equally bad use of TAM as well. We need scorched earth here and to get back as many DP/TAM/U22 spots as possible if we want this rebuild to bare any fruit.
    I generally agree. He’s ~50% overpaid in my estimation. But, in the scope of things TFC needs to fix, this is way down the list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Good candidate for the buyout. At this rate probably better than even Diomande.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, reports of monkey chant's at the 88th minute at BMOF during Opoku's SW corner. Listened to the MLSASP footage repeatedly; sounds like so. Is anyone in the community from sections 117, 118, 119 & 120 able to offer insight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Unfortunately, reports of monkey chant's at the 88th minute at BMOF during Opoku's SW corner. Listened to the MLSASP footage repeatedly; sounds like so. Is anyone in the community from sections 117, 118, 119 & 120 able to offer insight?
    Seriously? This shit should not happen at all but especially not in the most multi cultural city on the planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    main goal needs to be to keep insigne healthy.

we're just a completely different team with him on the pitch.

we didn't look remotely like scoring before he came on. our goalless streak started basically when he got injured.
    Coello too. He's our only midfielder who can accurately ping long passes to break up defensive blocks.

It's too easy for teams to shut us down by just reducing space and pressing. As soon as Coello came in, that ended, and they had to add a body to central midfield to try and increase the pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Coello too. He's our only midfielder who can accurately ping long passes to break up defensive blocks.

It's too easy for teams to shut us down by just reducing space and pressing. As soon as Coello came in, that ended, and they had to add a body to central midfield to try and increase the pressure.
    yup, Bradley was a pylon out there and should not have started.

I literally couldn't name a Montreal player, and they were carving us apart. We couldn't even get possession for a second the first half...just completely overun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    yup, Bradley was a pylon out there and should not have started.
    That's on our manager for starting a 36 year old player coming off a 3 month injury lay off and also for not understanding the tactical issues Jloome mentioned above.

Jloome, Dunfield should hire you as a consultant to explain to him how to play football properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Yep. Needs to start. And otherwise, we need to start looking for a TAM version of this sort of player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we scored. Unfortunately, the player that scored both goals might not be here much longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    That is surprising.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mabika needs to be in TFC2. I thought he was not good watching him in person last night at the stadium but just watched the highlights and just not good enough for MLS level just like our defence in general. Not trying to pick on him only at all but you just can't have errors and brain farts as a CB without it possibly leading to goals and it happened repeatedly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    That is surprising.
    Judge for yourself, I guess this is the "reports"

https://twitter.com/RJorge17_/status...47235391570353

I am biased, for sure, as we all are - but I don't hear it, like at all. Maybe others disagree?

I would absolutely throw the book at anyone who did that btw, bans for life at an absolute minimum and turn their information over the authorities, also. But I just don't hear that in the clip (There's what sounds like a woman screeching which I assume is what they're referring too, but it sounds like that to me - maybe I'm being naïve?), and would like to think that anyone trying that in Toronto isn't walking out of the stadium. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 08-21-2023 at 11:09 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I listened to that but didn't hear it.

More importantly, their is no complaint from players & there is no way this if heard would not be reacted to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some random thoughts that I don’t see in here the day after (I was at the game).

- It was fun, believe it or not. Beautiful night, perfect conditions. It would not have been fun on TV.
    - Neither Franklin or Petretta is an FB. Every ball into them on attack dies, or is played backwards. Servania was actually the only wide defender able to play anything on with intent.
    - Vazquez isn’t just slow, he is too slow to play ever again. That was disastrous. May as well put Gio out in that spot.
    - I was surprised at the warm reaction MB got from the south end. View of him on this board is not representative.
    - Insigne was in civvies! changed at half time, came on. Never see that before.
    - Prince's little muffed fluff shot at the beginning of the second half, omg, that was as bad as anything Terence Boyd ever did!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah I had to watch on replay later and for some reason I couldn't get Apple to load the game back..it would load the french version but not the english..maybe I should have just watched that one instead. But I went to TSN and replayed that. As someone mentioned at halftime Julian and Kevin were saying Bradley is a Joke and that none of the players want to be out there and they are hating soccer right now with that first half performance. They said nothing Dunfield says in the locker room is going to change their mindset and that he just looked very uninspiring with his interview that he had before the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    - I was surprised at the warm reaction MB got from the south end. View of him on this board is not representative.
    I thought this too. I am sure MB felt good about it but what is this saying to anyone in TFC looking to appease fans. "They love MB let's keep him in the team forever."