Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think if he even got the slightest glimmer of light in these last 10 matches he would switch 100% to retooling. Unless of course he has been stripped of all power over our direction and in that case I think Hernandez understands what needs to be done.
    He hasn't been stripped of it, as far as I can tell, but he isn't handling the rebuild, Hernandez is.

His position has basically stayed the same: I'm not a sports builder, I'm the business guy. He's not going to change that, which at least concedes a degree of humility. Equally, whether he's already gone yet and just doesn't know it or fighting to stay in the job, he DOES know this is the last kick of the can.

So he's either third time lucky, or he's fired.

I know he's involved in the manager hunt. I suspect he would have loved to have Terry win a few games and promote from within, but they're being quite serious about having someone in as the priority, even before signing players. That's why I don't expect to see much, if anything, in the next two days. Could be wrong, but it would be a surprise.

I mean... I don't want to rush it but to me it's disappointing, because we're not technically dead yet. There are still 30 points available this season and it IS possible for a team like Chicago to go on a prolonged slump. I would've like to see a striker this year, but...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I mean... I don't want to rush it but to me it's disappointing, because we're not technically dead yet. There are still 30 points available this season and it IS possible for a team like Chicago to go on a prolonged slump. I would've like to see a striker this year, but...
    Technically yes, 30 points left on the table but even being hammered drunk on the TFC optimism Kool Aid you would have to think the max we could realistically obtain would be between 8 and 12 and that's being really optimistic at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Technically yes, 30 points left on the table but even being hammered drunk on the TFC optimism Kool Aid you would have to think the max we could realistically obtain would be between 8 and 12 and that's being really optimistic at this point.
    Oh yeah, I mean, it would take a complete collapse by a couple of clubs. But at least it would make a race out of it, give us a reason to be disappointed in the last few weeks other than next year's prospects.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield isn't good enough to be a lead coach of anything right now. He needs to be an assistant to a good manager who actually coaches fundamentals.
    Until he understands what fundamentals are...... he's not a head coach of even 8 year olds m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He hasn't been stripped of it, as far as I can tell, but he isn't handling the rebuild, Hernandez is.

His position has basically stayed the same: I'm not a sports builder, I'm the business guy. He's not going to change that, which at least concedes a degree of humility. Equally, whether he's already gone yet and just doesn't know it or fighting to stay in the job, he DOES know this is the last kick of the can.

So he's either third time lucky, or he's fired.

I know he's involved in the manager hunt. I suspect he would have loved to have Terry win a few games and promote from within, but they're being quite serious about having someone in as the priority, even before signing players. That's why I don't expect to see much, if anything, in the next two days. Could be wrong, but it would be a surprise.

Manning's recent success with the Argos has probably given him a lifeline with MLSE. I'm just hoping that he will be alleviated of his duties with TFC.