Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    All we are saying...is Manning must go.
    This sounds nice, and it's very chantable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Cassius tomorrow. Ibarra injured and questionable for tomorrow per Dunfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Ibarra injured and questionable for tomorrow per Dunfield.
    LOL, welcome to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking at ticketmaster,hardly any tickets left for the game tomorrow,is that possible did the atlas fans buy a bunch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    looking at ticketmaster,hardly any tickets left for the game tomorrow,is that possible did the atlas fans buy a bunch?
    Believe the sold out stadium is due to season seat holders having this game included with no additional cost. Will be interesting to see if itll be 50% of what is showing on ticketmaster.

Or could be atlas got all the tickets from tfc season holders lol.

I m not going myself i did change my mind briefly as i enjoy mexican teams and crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reply RESPECT! to the Q…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to say, but if there will be any more than 10,000 butts in the seats for this match, it means the general public in Toronto does not care at all about the performance and the onfield product put out by TFC, and the hugely overwhelming % of people who go to TFC matches are occasional match goers, tourists, and anyone bored and looking to some family/with friends time-out, but common denominator is they don't give a f...uck about TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Reply RESPECT! to the Q…

The importance of coaching is to keep players aware. If we lost by 3 and won by 2 tonight (not predicting or even believing this), we would be through. You are in a mini tournament, gf/ga matters. It was really sad to see the team turn off like that. How the coaching staff didnt drive home 90 minutes is beyond me.

Someone start a poll, does Bernadeschi start… I vote no!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be there tonight. At this point it’s a ritual for my friend and I to attend - no matter how good or bad the team is. We’ll enjoy some over priced beers and hopefully have something to talk about.
    Come on you reds. (Also, let’s get the summer of Perruzza off the ground tonight)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Sorry to say, but if there will be any more than 10,000 butts in the seats for this match, it means the general public in Toronto does not care at all about the performance and the onfield product put out by TFC, and the hugely overwhelming % of people who go to TFC matches are occasional match goers, tourists, and anyone bored and looking to some family/with friends time-out, but common denominator is they don't give a f...uck about TFC.
    Sorry but this is a kind of very narrow, hardcore take only.

There are people who paid a lot of money for seats. It's a nice summer night. They're going, and it's not because they are happy with how things are going.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People also go to enjoy the atmosphere, take their friends, be there with family.

There is something about live sport people enjoy. Suggesting people should not go because of the results is misunderstanding why people go.

I can not because Sunday nights do not work for me - nor do weeknights. I could do Sunday afternoons (why Leagues cup is all at night and not on Sunday or Saturday afternoons makes no sense to me). But I would never begrudge people going.

I think it will be a small crowd, as all Leagues Cup matches have been apart from Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We already know CJ is gonzo in the offseason, so we should start Peruzza again. If he's going to show anything, this run has to be it. That header was a gilt-edged chance in the last game; if he can't finish those, he's just not going to be worth the time at this level.

I don't think he's going to make the step up anymore. It's been three years now since he was USL2 scoring champ and he hasn't had enough time or showed enough hunger.

We'll probably go 442 again, which is a mistake. We don't have the interplay needed to use the fullness of width, and we'll just end out bombing crosses into a low block again if we do.

It would be nice to see Blessing as the number six. He's quite good at it and quite quick, and he's not a great offensive player. And we usually need a dedicated six.

Bernardeschi's most productive period in his career, at Fiorentina, was when he played outside, on left wing, rather than being inverted. He scored more back post goals by far than he ever has shooting from the top of the box. As Insigne is out, it makes sense to move him there, Oso in the hole, Kerr on the right.

I mean, neither he nor Kerr bothered to fucking run for most of their time last week, so...

Equally, Mabika is talented. I thought he quit on a play last week, but maybe the answer there is to make him prove he gives a shit. So give him one more start and see if it's a different story.

We're stuck with them, so we have to try and get something out of them.
    ------------Johnson----------
    Franklin--O'Neil--Mabika--Petretta
    ------------Blessing----------------
    ---------Osorio----Coello----------
    ---Kerr-----Peruzza-----Bernardeschi

Something like that.

I still can't believe we gave up a guy who scored 10 in 36 games for us last year, massive cold streak notwithstanding, in favor of a midfielder, Servania, who appears lost or amused half the time he's out there.

Since going to Dallas, Jiminez has made 13 appearances, all as a winger, has two assists. What a waste of a good finisher. He just got ZERO service and he's a poacher, so... yeah, he's going to go cold.

But he could finish. He just didn't fit Bob's plan/The Italians' desire to do everything singlehandedly.

Poz slide ruling him passes AND the Italians? And he could make that work? Fuck me. What a different that front four would've made.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-30-2023 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Neill is suspended for tonight's match after his red against NYCFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Neill is suspended for tonight's match after his red against NYCFC.
    Well of course. I mean, he's such a c-grade defender now -- he was competing to start in Seattle and was once an MLS "he's off to Europe! He'll be a star!" player. Still better than our alternatives.

But hey, maybe the 16-year-old who looks like he needs to gain weight will surprise us and not be totally dominated in a competition with grown men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Absolute nonsense. I've never considered not going to a team I support because because they're shit, if everyone had this attitude there'd be like four stadiums with any fans in them in the big European leagues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if TFC lose 8-0 tonight, will that be enough to get the MLSE boards attention and immediately do something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the hope that kills. My preferred formation take...

A 4-3-3... 4-1-2-3...

---JMR----FB-----DK---
    ---JO-------------AC---
    -----------LB-----------
    ---RP--AM--SR--KF---
    -----------SJ-----------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    It's the hope that kills. My preferred formation take...

A 4-3-3... 4-1-2-3...

---JMR----FB-----DK---
    ---JO-------------AC---
    -----------LB-----------
    ---RP--AM--SR--KF---
    -----------SJ-----------

Is Ibarro injured or something?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Is Ibarro injured or something?
    Yes...up earlier in the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is leagues cup being streamed on apple tv, or does anyone know where I can watch it? Too sick to go to the game tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Is leagues cup being streamed on apple tv, or does anyone know where I can watch it? Too sick to go to the game tonight
    It is indeed on Apple TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Hope you feel better soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At game. Many Mexican fans here in sombreros and wearing El Tri jerseys. Fun.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhhh... Is Servania at RB and we are starting a 16 year old at CB?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is yelling into the void but- I'm expecting a loss. At this point in the season, one more loss has nothing to do with chalking up another reason for me to be salty... to confirm how shit the season is and why manning is bad, and we need to change shit. That's already been codified lol, a loss alone won't change that.

But lets play with some effort. Lets go down swinging here ffs. Put some passes together. Keep a basic shape, get back to winning the 1v1 battles and 2nd balls and just get back to basic professional football they can be at least proud about. Without the italians lets get back to fighting for team mates and covering when they over extend or get torched on a flank. If Terry or his staff have any sort of game plan. This should be it. I usually hate the term quick wins, but this team on the field needs some quick bloody wins to gain even marginal morale gains lol. If they can play with some pride and effort and still go down swinging and do all the little professional things without giving up- I'm fine with a loss.

If I see a few more mabikas just walking around after we go down a goal, and there's 0 pride in themselves, the work that got them to that point as players, their team mates or the folks paying money to watch them and trying to at least urge them on to build some confidence and get a goal or a result - then fuck em... that salt will continue

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhhhh... Is Servania at RB and we are starting a 16 year old at CB?

Dunfield tried Servania at RB for the end of the Chicago game and it was one of the reasons why Chicago got their winner.

This looks like more "lets throw out some people in something they may be decent in and see how the numbers work"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like dunfield really likes servania at rb...guess its a way to fit him in the eleven with all these midfielders available