Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    The new 5 year plan is probably up in Bill's office.
    If this continues as it is now then I don't think he gets a chance to any plan or any manager hire or anything. I think the PR ticket renewal sales pitch will be presenting the guy that replaces Manning and maybe a manager at the same time.

I get that they love the guy and that he somehow deserves a 6th chance but the lower we sink (and we can and will go lower), the worse all his shit, distasterous decisions have to be putting him further under the boardroom microscope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like Pavlov's Dog FFS, I feel like we are in a time warp back to the days of the Soviet 5 year plan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Apple TV directors have no clue of nuance or stories beyond "these guys are having fun"

The focus of that hydration break should have been on the TFC huddle and what they were talking about - at least have one camera on it.

They kept it on the NYC bench and players.

BAD...bad...TV work.
    In the grand scheme of things I know it's nothing considering the pain we all suffered having watched that game last night. But I haven't seen anyone mention at the top of the broadcast they showed the graphic for the upcoming game of:
    New York City Football Club vs Toronto FC (except the used Arsenal's logo for us) lol what some of the broadcasting they have been doing is quite amateur it feels like. Audio levels that could be reduced (not only in our game but other ones). Someone mentioned earlier the "Fuck Sean Johnson" chant that was going on you could clearly hear and you could also hear later on a "suck my d1ck" chant pretty clearly too. NYCFC very classy with that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, well, watch Mabika again on this play and tell me there isn't something wrong in his head and no towels were thrown

There are no leaders on the pitch.

If I was on the pitch I would have strangled him Roy Keane style, ain't nobody coming off the pitch without a black eye.

Pathetically unprofessional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There are no leaders on the pitch.

If I was on the pitch I would have strangled him Roy Keane style, ain't nobody coming off the pitch without a black eye.

Pathetically unprofessional.
    First thing this morning, I would sit the whole group together in the theatre room or whatever you want to call it and make them watch this and multiple other plays over and over again. Let it sink in how horrendous that performance was and what an embarrassment they are to the City and each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    First thing this morning, I would sit the whole group together in the theatre room or whatever you want to call it and make them watch this and multiple other plays over and over again. Let it sink in how horrendous that performance was and what an embarrassment they are to the City and each other.
    This is a good idea and it should be big too. Like on a projector in the Queen Elizabeth building with stereo sound so they can listen to the commentary too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we hit rock bottom yet?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to see what this team does in the CPL next year. That's gotta be the destination for half the squad now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I can't wait to see what this team does in the CPL next year. That's gotta be the destination for half the squad now.
    We would likely get beat by CPL teams right now....there is just nothing there. I don't even see how they can salvage anything this year looking at what we got on the team and where everyone's heads are. Will take a miracle to even scrape up a tie going forward this season. Not much else to say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, well, watch Mabika again on this play and tell me there isn't something wrong in his head and no towels were thrown

I know what we should do. Trade Mabika and $500K in GAM for Lucas MacNaughton.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Bernie....

Why not let him sit on the bench for xxx number of games and wait till he asks for a mutual termination of his contract with TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I know what we should do. Trade Mabika and $500K in GAM for Lucas MacNaughton.
    Too young. We should trade Mabika, Coello, & $500K for 12 matches of Comacho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They did that to me 2 months ago. I can't imagine how bad the renewals will be.
    I was actually able to sell some of my remaining tickets for this year but did something incredibly stupid, I opted for an account credit for next year rather than a pay out, will be discussing with my account rep in the near future though at this point I’d rather lose the credit than pay the balance for next year. I can’t believe it has got to this point though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve had seasons tickets since day one. Sadly the joy and excitement I had about going to BMO is gone. In the past I would move mountains to go see a match. Some people say life is too short to drink bad wine. I think Life is too short to watch the worst football team in the world.

At this point I’m planning not to renew. It will take Manning’s head on a spike, burning the club down to the ground and rebuilding with management that actually knows how to run a professional football club and academy to make me change my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    I’ve had seasons tickets since day one. Sadly the joy and excitement I had about going to BMO is gone. In the past I would move mountains to go see a match. Some people say life is too short to drink bad wine. I think Life is too short to watch the worst football team in the world.

At this point I’m planning not to renew. It will take Manning’s head on a spike, burning the club down to the ground and rebuilding with management that actually knows how to run a professional football club and academy to make me change my mind.
    Curious. How close did you come to dropping your seats in 2012?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    This would be an intelligent and much needed thing to do.
    However, a big problem is that almost nobody is caring any more about this team in the City (not that many cared ever, except the year they won the MLS Cup).