Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, well, watch Mabika again on this play and tell me there isn't something wrong in his head and no towels were thrown

That's so blatant I'd be worried about point shaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this point ...they maybe saving the buyout for bernie,if not make it oso

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    there's no way they are buying out bernardeschi, would cost 21 million dollars.

im sure it'll cost a couple mill to shift him to a serie a club but we need to do it asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We suck, no real story there

To me the biggest worry continues to be Oso. It's been at least a season and a half since I saw him close to his old level. Is he salvageable? I get that the teams a shit show but he just looks so lost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping they use it on me so I get my wasted membership money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    there's no way they are buying out bernardeschi, would cost 21 million dollars.

im sure it'll cost a couple mill to shift him to a serie a club but we need to do it asap.
    i guess it depends on if he is 3,5 or 7 mil...who knows?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess it depends on if he is 3,5 or 7 mil...who knows?
    i do, he's in a little over 6.

so if they bought him out now 21 mill, in the summer 18.75.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i do, he's in a little over 6.

so if they bought him out now 21 mill, in the summer 18.75.
    if that is the case he is not going anywhere he is not taking that much of a paycut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You really want them to lose to high school teams or U18 academies before the 20th?
    Yes. Let them play against Oakville Blue Devils or Vaughan Azzurri. If the Azzurri win, we can promote them all to TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Yes. Let them play against Oakville Blue Devils or Vaughan Azzurri. If the Azzurri win, we can promote them all to TFC.
    Would be an improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After they get trounced by Atlas on Sunday I bet Manning makes a knee jerk hire. Gattuso or something of that ilk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    After they get trounced by Atlas on Sunday I bet Manning makes a knee jerk hire. Gattuso or something of that ilk
    That's too good of a knee jerk. It'll be more like Porter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if that is the case he is not going anywhere he is not taking that much of a paycut
    it's not too too far off what some serie a teams can pay.

apparently he'd be willing to take a paycut (in salary, i'd imagine the commercial opportunities in italy are far more lucrative for him).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I do not see them rushing into anything, Bill has to get the next coach hire right and with no real external pressure to get it done, ie media coverage/speculation is non existent I can really seem them waiting until the off-season to hopefully do it properly. The only thing that may come into play if the Reds flame out Sunday and end up having a three week break as they will not making the knockout round.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to watch this one on tape delay and after 45 minutes of listless football I decided the second half wasn’t worth it. Looking at the score line I’m glad I cut my losses.

I might start producing invoices for my time and sending them to MLSE on account of watching these games. Cause it certainly feels more like work than a hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was completely soul sucking. Every game it looks worse and worse. NYCFC isn't even a good team; they were pretty much tied with us when Bradley left.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So Insigne out for two more weeks lol you just can’t even make this shit up even if you wanted too !
    Three and a half weeks until our next MLS match.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Apple TV commentators just buried Bernie.

Pbp guy - "Are you surprised they subbed out Bernardeschi?"

Color - "No, he looked like he would rather be anywhere else than on the field"
    Sounds like a Ted Lasso script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that it's hard to play when you see your team getting ripped apart and its clear the Great Teardown is finally upon you, but still... the apathy that we're seeing from this group is absolutely horrendous. These guys are so emotionally and mentally fragile it's absolutely shocking to me. It also speaks to the complete lack of leadership in this locker room.

We don't truly know what happens behind the scenes but watching Oso on the pitch, he just doesn't seem to have it. He doesn't carry the team, he doesn't organize, he just plays mediocre in his position. Nothing about his play says, jump on my back and I will bring us out of this. At least Bradley had that leadership quality which is what was needed before to get the team to believe in themselves.

It's just getting so hard to support this team. If you don't care as a footballer... why should I.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Apple TV commentators just buried Bernie.

Pbp guy - "Are you surprised they subbed out Bernardeschi?"

Color - "No, he looked like he would rather be anywhere else than on the field"
    Pray that kerr starts instead of him on Sunday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I get that it's hard to play when you see your team getting ripped apart and its clear the Great Teardown is finally upon you, but still... the apathy that we're seeing from this group is absolutely horrendous. These guys are so emotionally and mentally fragile it's absolutely shocking to me. It also speaks to the complete lack of leadership in this locker room.

We don't truly know what happens behind the scenes but watching Oso on the pitch, he just doesn't seem to have it. He doesn't carry the team, he doesn't organize, he just plays mediocre in his position. Nothing about his play says, jump on my back and I will bring us out of this. At least Bradley had that leadership quality which is what was needed before to get the team to believe in themselves.

It's just getting so hard to support this team. If you don't care as a footballer... why should I.
    I remember it just like from our other bad years just before a new dawn came with vanney - many of those players took for granted their playing time, and had no idea that they were playing themselves out of the squad, as well as any favourable transfers to decent teams in the future once we trimmed the fat.

These guys aren't playing like their jobs are on the line and could easily be cut this off-season or sitting on the bench until their contracts are up. It's just so odd to see a lack of tooth or fucks given. How can they not be that aware that even without a permanent coach that this is damaging to their careers as they continue to play without any sort of fight or form? It's odd stuff indeed.

Like has anyone at the club told some of these kids the hard truth that absolutely no MLS club is going to be looking to pick them up, and no EU club is gonna take a single sniff at half these guys the way they are playing? They will find themselves with CPL contracts if they keep up this weird leisurely play. Do these players scoff like Akinola and honestly think they warrant playing on other clubs that are winning? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

I'm sorry...No

There has been an embarrassingly low amount of accountability for Academy quality & coaching quality within TFC ranks. We have let the "good guys" do stuff for too long at TFC and now the team is finally paying the price at the senior level.

Enough

Dunfield is shit - the team he puts out has gotten worse under him. He has to wear that & journos have to stop "feeling" for guys who fail.

I do not condone the attack stuff that happened to MAK. But bad coaching and play needs to be called out.
    Absolutely this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was going to watch on tape delay but I’m not a masochist. And I refuse to watch us get destroyed by lowly Atlas. It’s disgusting already.

I refuse to buy any more tickets until Manning is gone and someone in that absurdly wealthy company figures out how to hire people who can build a respectable football club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I mentioned a while back that we could go the rest of the season without scoring or at least break our previous record and somebody here said that was impossible.

Is it?
    Unless something drastic changes I honestly don't think we score again this season. With how uninspired and gutless they played, I just can't see us getting another goal. Atlas will thrash us, then it goes L'Impact, Columbus, Philly, Vancouver, Miami, NYC, Cincinnati, Charlotte, RedBulls, Orlando. Maybe we score in the Charlotte game, but the rest.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, well, watch Mabika again on this play and tell me there isn't something wrong in his head and no towels were thrown

I had shut it off long before that. What the fuck kind of defending is that. I'm an easy 50lbs overweight and I can get back and defend quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing this has done has shown the world what we already knew and that’s how broken TFC academy is. If they want to continue having an academy their needs to be a thorough house cleaning of the academy. I would literally go in there and fire everyone involved with that mess. The first to go needs to be whoever the academy director is followed by every youth coach they have . Look around the league or the world and hire a person with a proven record of developing players and who knows what they are doing . The vast majority of these players coming through that academy are just not good enough period and will never be .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone fawning over Coello, Servania etc. as the way to go rather than Michael Bradley, MAK or Osorio ...

We created NOTHING going forward last night. We lost 5-0. I see lots of finger pointing at Osorio because we know he can play better but the supporting cast CAN'T get a free pass if they're considered replacements. Osorio sucked last night but our entire midfield sucked last night. We were as porous as a sponge while defending and we barely got a sniff of the NYC penalty area going forward. All season long until lately our biggest problem has been scoring goals. Last season we had a bigger problem. We couldn't keep the ball out of our own net so we went out in the offseason and got a better keeper and upgraded our back four. Now we've got the defensive problems back in spades AND we can't score. As bad as the back four is, there's a common denominator in all of this ... the midfield. The engine of the team. Who are we going to to play there now? Kaye is gone, nobody seems to think Bradley is any good anymore and Osorio is shitting the bed. The replacements are worse. Earlier this season before all of the injuries I'd have been able to live with our midfield of Bradley, MAK and Osorio with the defence we had and the Italians on the wings IF we'd have gotten a striker. IF we'd have gotten a striker back then I firmly believe we'd have had a starting 11 that could have competed in MLS. Now that the rot has set in and just about everyone's confidence is shot, it's going to be pretty hard to come back from this with this group. Management has shit the bed here and it goes far beyond just Bob and Bill. Bob fucked our budget by taking risks on too many expensive players that haven't worked out. Bill overpaid for Italians (based on level of play so far compared to other DP's signed by other teams). MLSE fucked the whole project up by closing the cheque book without finishing the starting 11 by signing a good striker. Doing that was like painting a wall with a roller. You get 98% of the job done unless you cut in with a brush. If you don't buy the brush to finish the job it's expensive and it's 98% done ... but it still looks like shit. Watching that game last night was painful. I don't know how much more I can watch without taking a break and I certainly don't know if I can open up my own cheque book to fork out for another season seat next year unless they bring in players NOW to demonstrate they'll be better next year. This signing DP's in the winter and shuffling the deck gives you hope that we're heading in the right direction but unless they can SHOW me that they have a clue the rest of the way this year, I might need to skip a year and watch on tv.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team really knows how to make me not want to spend the gas/parking/food money this Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe the reason they gave Dunfield the job is he's been in youth development for seven years and we look like this. Maybe it was more punishment than chance.
    I find this thought... provoking. Is some Machiavellianism in play? Only, for who's end-game? If JH's 'performonomics' is the current baseline, seems that Dunfield while not yet been shown the door has to be handed his hat. Probably, all just a case of zemblanity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This team really knows how to make me not want to spend the gas/parking/food money this Sunday.
    They did that to me 2 months ago. I can't imagine how bad the renewals will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we ever find out about Ibarra?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I find this thought... provoking. Is some Machiavellianism in play? Only, for who's end-game? If JH's 'performonomics' is the current baseline, seems that Dunfield while not yet been shown the door has to be handed his hat. Probably, all just a case of zemblanity.
    My thoughts are that TFC knew people were pissed. Terry is a likeable guy and liked by many in the media/fanbase. He also has coaching experience. They figured nobody would really tear a strip off him. Give them time to figure something out with Jason in charge and shed some fat and if it works out great but if it doesn't they can say that was why he had the interim tag. I am pretty sure they have written off this year already. The new 5 year plan is probably up in Bill's office.