View Poll Results: The new Coach will be announced officially by Friday, July 21, 7:00 PM?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

0 0%
  • NO

22 81.48%
  • If "NO", the new Coach will be announced latest before TFC's first MLS match = Of course!

2 7.41%
  • If "NO", the new Coach will be announced latest before TFC's first MLS match = No way!

17 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question New Coach officially in latest by Friday, July 21?

I think if the new coach is not announced until this Friday, there is high chance we'll see Terry Dunfield being the interim coach until the end of this season.

And frankly, for me it would make more sense to have a new manager in place latest just by December 1, because this season is already a 100% waste, and for "Leagues Cup" how much impact could have any new coach if will have that small amount of time to put his stamp on the team?

Giving Terry the season, TFC management will have a lot more time to find and to make a more sane decision when chosing the new coach.

So in a boring Monday morning I put up this poll.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

In questions 3 and 4 I am thinking of course about the first TFC match when the MLS is restarted after this "Leagues Cup" break.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-17-2023 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I think if the new coach is not announced until this Friday, there is high chance we'll see Terry Dunfield being the interim coach until the end of this season.

And frankly, for me it would make more sense to have a new manager in place latest just by December 1, because this season is already a 100% waste, and for "Leagues Cup" how much impact could have any new coach if will have that small amount of time to put his stamp on the team?

Giving Terry the season, TFC management will have a lot more time to find and to make a more sane decision when chosing the new coach.

So in a boring Monday morning I put up this poll.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

In questions 3 and 4 I am thinking of course about the first TFC match when the MLS is restarted after this "Leagues Cup" break.
    I would hope this is the case. Because it would also paint a picture of Manning being on thin ice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Dunfield should get the rest of the season because Manning should be taking all the time he can to get this right. Everybody knows this is his last chance, he's not surviving three failed regimes of his own doing. I wouldn't be convinced of this if he was just bad, but he hasn't just been bad, he's been bad while spending more money than anyone else, and that's where the higher-ups at MLSE actually start paying a bit of attention our way.

If we're going back to a separate GM and manager, bringing the GM on for the tail end of this year makes sense so he can evaluate and start preparing for the off-season.

There's no value in bringing a new manager in now though. The season is lost, the roster is broken, the Italians are probably leaving, and we don't appear to have a Vanney-type ready to take the jump internally (sorry Terry). We need a full reset on everything. Nobody is ushering in a new culture this year. We're firmly established losers and it takes an off-season to shake off that stink.
    Last edited by notthesun; 07-17-2023 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Yeah, Dunfield should get the rest of the season because Manning should be taking all the time he can to get this right. Everybody knows this is his last chance, he's not surviving three failed regimes of his own doing. I wouldn't be convinced of this if he was just bad, but he hasn't just been bad, he's been bad while spending more money than anyone else, and that's where the higher-ups at MLSE actually start paying a bit of attention our way.

If we're going back to a separate GM and manager, bringing the GM on for the tail end of this year makes sense so he can evaluate and start preparing for the off-season.

There's no value in bringing a new manager in now though. The season is lost, the roster is broken, the Italians are probably leaving, and we don't appear to have a Vanney-type ready to take the jump internally (sorry Terry). We need a full reset on everything. Nobody is ushering in a new culture this year. We're firmly established losers and it takes an off-season to shake off that stink.
    Unfortunately, all this makes sense.

Hernandez seems our Vanney-like internal hire. I’m hoping he has the confidence to hire - or recommend hiring (we don’t quite know what the process is, is it Hernandez and Manning together that make this hire?) - the best candidate possible. Not sure an inexperienced coach is the way to go with an inexperienced manager. It shouldn’t be on principle, anyway. I’m concerned that it might have to be this sort of candidate because Manning is either reluctant to spend big or forbidden to spend on a coach, and Hernandez will want a certain authority over his manager which would be easier with an inexperienced hire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the only way Manning gets removed is if season ticket renewals start to tank, but that won't be until end of year. I don't know who we would get for a mid-season coach who knows he might be gone when Manning's replacement arrives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Unfortunately, all this makes sense.

Hernandez seems our Vanney-like internal hire. I’m hoping he has the confidence to hire - or recommend hiring (we don’t quite know what the process is, is it Hernandez and Manning together that make this hire?) - the best candidate possible. Not sure an inexperienced coach is the way to go with an inexperienced manager. It shouldn’t be on principle, anyway. I’m concerned that it might have to be this sort of candidate because Manning is either reluctant to spend big or forbidden to spend on a coach, and Hernandez will want a certain authority over his manager which would be easier with an inexperienced hire.
    I literally forgot Hernandez was made permanent GM. Whoops. Okay, that settles that point then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I literally forgot Hernandez was made permanent GM. Whoops. Okay, that settles that point then.
    It was a very quick hire. When I saw the announcement heading I expected it to be a temporary thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    ...Manning is either reluctant to spend big or forbidden to spend on a coach...
    If the bolded part is true, the MLSE board is even more incompetent than I ever imagined.

PS:
    There can not be coaching hires with guaranteed wage per year (season) plus bonus pay per season?

I mean something like a coach is guaranteed pay USD 600,000 per season, and a bonus of USD 300,000 or USD 600,000 if some clearly detailed performance is realized (based on MLS standings, evolution in playoffs [if any], evolution in Voyageurs Cup, etc)? Or make it even more nuanced, like bonuses of USD 200,000; 400,000 or 600,000.
    IMO they should do something like this with the pay-structure of coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    If the bolded part is true, the MLSE board is even more incompetent than I ever imagined.
    Well, often when someone like Manning gets fired, preparations get made in advance.

They don’t just yank him out of the seat one day. Basically what they do is neuter his authority so he can’t make any major changes without their consent and search for a replacement in the background.

So this might be good news but we shall see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not expecting a new coach by the start of League's Cup, unless they already have or are close to choosing someone I do not expect them to rush into something. Unless someone is out there fully expect Terry to hold onto the position until the end of the season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a full day is left until this poll is closing, but the results are already very obvious.

- 20 people voted "NO" for the first question (The new Coach will be announced officially by Friday, July 21, 7:00 PM)

- 15 people voted "No way" for the second question (If "NO", the new Coach will be announced latest before TFC's first MLS match)

- nobody voted "YES" for the first question
    - one single soul voted "Of course" for the second question

I just hope knowing how "wise" is Bill Manning plus the MLSE board* in their soccer decisions, that they will not make all of us go enraged by announcing this coming Monday (July 24) some new coach...

* I have no idea how much weight they will have in chosing the new guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again if this is the case..why do they even put a so called "deadline" on things and then no communication afterwards. The club is doing them no service by saying..here Terry you get the next 4 games to basically prove yourself and then we will decide..but then they just let things play on as if they never said anything. It's the same thing with the Ritchie situation..I get in both situations there are probably complications..therefore why even bother saying anything..just name him interim manager for the time being and then if he gets replaced he does..if not then it's not like we are wondering what's going on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ability to care about the process of picking who the next manager is going to be is starting to creep into the "meh" state ...and I'm a discuss the process sort of dude through and though.

Its beer o'clock on a Friday afternoon for me so maybe that's why...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Again if this is the case..why do they even put a so called "deadline" on things and then no communication afterwards. The club is doing them no service by saying..here Terry you get the next 4 games to basically prove yourself and then we will decide..but then they just let things play on as if they never said anything. It's the same thing with the Ritchie situation..I get in both situations there are probably complications..therefore why even bother saying anything..just name him interim manager for the time being and then if he gets replaced he does..if not then it's not like we are wondering what's going on.
    My favorite part when Armas got sacked was Perez coming and being all boss that it was his job for the season, it didn't work out but it was funny seeing Mannings pants pulled down on that one.

Manning in my opinion is a lame duck, I think he is gone and won't be hearing a lot from him.