Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo leaving here will be the best thing for him. Zero confidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibarra gets his first taste of 'we don't get those calls.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sapong or Ayo or both?
    Not sure Sapong ever had anything. I suspect if we go back to his double digit goal years, we'd find a lot of fox-in-the-box pokes and headers. Fucking awful striker.

Ayo literally has the shanks. Like, he's shanked every shot he's taken for game upon game, not that there have been that many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield dressed like he is hitting the club in 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibarra got position on his defender for a lead ball centrally and O'Neill didn't see him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibarra giving hand signals about space - first midfielder to do that since Vasquez. O'Neill ignoring him of course but nice to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man... can you imagine how different this league would be if they'd let Bob pick the players at LAFC? No more '11th most valuable club" when you're getting Chivas USA-like results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ibarra got position on his defender for a lead ball centrally and O'Neill didn't see him.
    Honestly O’Neill can’t pass for shit and while that used to be okay for a backup in todays league I think it means you’re done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the pre game theatre clip there when MAK said his speech, I noticed Oso was sitting beside Ibarra.

Looks like they are gonna be leaning on Oso to use his experience playing in south america and language to try and build a quicker connection with Ibarra in the midfield. Could be a nice little bit of chemistry if they can start working off each other and we at least build one bit of consistency on the field

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so painful to watch…. I love the effort of the players on the field. But this is criminal one DP gets kicked out and is sand bagging, the other DP is like glass, i like him but he is either being held back to move or we have actually paid the equivalent of $30MM a year because he only plays less than 50% of our games …. Can someone do the quick math of what % of games LI has played. FIRE MANNING NOW!!!

We may win tonight but it has nothing to do with Manning’s effort …rather it would be the direct opposite. FIRE MANNING!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW - We will get absolutely no calls tonight…. MLS wants Chicago in the playoffs. Toronto, meh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    This is so painful to watch…. I love the effort of the players on the field. But this is criminal one DP gets kicked out and is sand bagging, the other DP is like glass, i like him but he is either being held back to move or we have actually paid the equivalent of $30MM a year because he only plays less than 50% of our games …. Can someone do the quick math of what % of games LI has played. FIRE MANNING NOW!!!

We may win tonight but it has nothing to do with Manning’s effort …rather it would be the direct opposite. FIRE MANNING!!
    One things for certain for me at least... is I wouldn't mind seeing at least one iteration of our club where we only go with U22 guys and younger guys. Imagine having 3 Ibarra's out there in various roles? Maybe a lone DP mid 20s who is there to make DP bank and be a rock for the club - but the rest are just energetic U22's out there going flat out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    BTW - We will get absolutely no calls tonight…. MLS wants Chicago in the playoffs. Toronto, meh!
    Pretty sure MLS would rather the biggest city in Canada get into the playoffs over Vancouver or Montreal. We just aren't very good right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what to say about that. Hit the fucking ball, DeAndre. Jesus Christ.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Pretty sure MLS would rather the biggest city in Canada get into the playoffs over Vancouver or Montreal. We just aren't very good right now.

You know, i know that the calls thing was just more a reflection how bad the season has been. But there is no doubt MLS want a stronger Chicago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great transition and great defending. Kerr is the best of the kids, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Great transition and great defending. Kerr is the best of the kids, in my opinion.
    Yeah, he has go get a shot on there however. That was a disappointing outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need a team leader out there, someone marshalling them and keeping the pace up other than just Sean Johnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonderful step in, run and through ball by o'neill to kerr but as so often he has no understanding of the situation and tries to dribble around a defender a few yards from goal while he had an open shot a goal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR's defensive effort and awareness is bad & other teams know it. He's letting their right side float in behind the attack without keeping with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, he has go get a shot on there however. That was a disappointing outcome.
    He does. Don't think he is a natural striker at all, but he gets on the ball way more than guys like JMR, Shaff, Kosi or Jayden Nelson ever did when playing wide.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey...its Bob Bradley's star on Chicago's crest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petretta taking set pieces is almost as bad as Bradley and Delgado splitting them in 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, as shit as we are, we've just spent seven minutes in their end. "Who would you say has the momentum?" the lead commentator asks.

"I would say the Chicago Fire," says color guy.

Geez, two bad teams right now. Can't believe these guys have won four of five. The Shaquiri effect, I guess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, as shit as we are, we've just spent seven minutes in their end. "Who would you say has the momentum?" the lead commentator asks.

Geez, two bad teams right now. Can't believe these guys have won four of five. The Shaquiri effect, I guess.
    most the MLS is very mediocre to bad tbf.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    most the MLS is very mediocre to bad tbf.
    Yeh, but these 2 teams are not good for within MLS - if that's the best the Fire have, they are not making the playoffs.

Mind you, this game is ripe for a Kei Kamara 76th minute goal off a Shane O'Neill mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they look like crap. Not to say we look great but there’s plenty of room there to get between the lines. It’s just we have the leagues worst striker tandem up front. I would love nothing more than to bring back none of these strikers next year. They are infuriating to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not great, but...

Don't see the 442 doing much for us. Rosted was decent, thankfully. Petretta is not fast, for a guy his size.

Kerr doesn't really hustle much off the ball. The front two have the chemistry of oil and water, except neither is fluid enough for that analogy to work.

If he takes off Ibarra or Osorio I'll have to pack it in.

Maybe some of these roster choices tonight are to put guys in the window, let teams who might be interested take a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno what this means or how we got to this point, but do you guys find it bizarre that (not just this game but in general) - none of our forwards or guys that have been here for a while now... seem to have 0 greed or killer instinct around the 18?

Like usually for better or worse there's always a striker or winger on the club that always has their hands waving for the pass or space to pass it into, always trying to make the runs, always trying to demand the ball to turn and shoot or beat the defense on the offside trap,someone looking to crash and bang the box and be the guy to finish things off. Not expecting us to have a haaland on our squad lol - but that thirsty killer instinct to want the ball the minute its around the box and flip shit when they don't get it or service. We have absolutely nobody on our squad atm that demands that, and its bizarre. They are all content on trying to one-two the ball into the net and hope the next guy finishes it off.

It's so odd not to see this hunger anywhere on a pro squad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Italians all want the ball - including Peruzza.