Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was disappointing especially the late goal given up which you could feel coming like so many other times this season. Yet, I think that if Insigne and a good striker (jesus, please!!) are added to Ibarra, Osorio, Coello, Hedges, Johnson we win that one and others. It’s fine to say Chicago sucks but they’re one of the most on form sides in the league. We had their measure for a lot of the second half when we had our better guys on the field.

I like Dunfield but I think we need a genuinely good and experienced manager. I can see why a rookie GM would not want that situation but I’m not sure it makes sense for our roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The effort was there once again and some of the newer players offered glimmers of hope, but until we add a legitimate striker the results are unlikely to change.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Servania as RB did not work out.

Going to need a solution there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I imagine we'll see that in leagues cup. They'll try to get a decent result there to save some face on the season, then gut this sucker before next year.
    I posted this in the deathwatch, defence is competent if not decent ( we havent given up a ton of goals), midfield looked much better…. Make LI and FB go on a Leagues Cup fashion show, you want to leave, earn it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I posted this in the deathwatch, defence is competent if not decent ( we havent given up a ton of goals), midfield looked much better…. Make LI and FB go on a Leagues Cup fashion show, you want to leave, earn it.
    I didn't watch this match did Insigne play or get any minutes?

FB is gone I believe basically but I think Insigne is staying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I didn't watch this match did Insigne play or get any minutes?

FB is gone I believe basically but I think Insigne is staying.
    Still injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Still injured.
    I suspect after the Athletic article, his team wasn't the only side talking to people in Saudi Arabia. I've had otherwise indicated to me, but I'd be highly surprised if it wasn't seen as an escape valve for both parties for both him and Bernardeschi. It's just sensible business at this point.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Italians were out. Same result at a fraction of the price!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least, give the DPs a half decent midfield. They've been basically surrounded by the level of 12 year old kids from the start. The best strikers/forwards in the top leagues excel because they are backed by the best midfielders, who can spray passes/long balls on a dime.

Aside from maybe one or two games, Insigne was by far the best player on the field. Don't understand how anybody could bundle up the Italians a s both being poor. Fede fell into a deep slump when Laryea disappeared, which goes to show that an abysmal midfield has dragged him down.

Our strikers are accountable for only one f'n goal this season. It's Benny Hill content. I would put money their will never be a second this season.

To sum it up, an inept president, manager, atrocious midfield and dreadful performance from our strikers are the main reason for this colossal failure of a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    The only place I can see them playing on the pitch now is in a 4-4-2 as the forwards. It can't hurt to try them there as we have had little success with all the others tried up top. This way they are not a defensive liability.