Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Servania as a RB - Oso still yelling at him to move the ball forward and not pass backwards

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is absolutely jinxed….. but I would rather watch the 11 on the field tonight trying than seeing our DPs coasting.

Find team players not mercenaries…people who will play for the badge. Say what you want about MB, he bled red.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-15-2023 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... that's probably the season, boys. 13 out with games in hand.

We are just fucking dreadful.

Thanks Bob!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good striker move + RB not being close enough wins the game for them

Neither Sapong nor Akinola do that "go then pull back" move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly Chicago is crap. But the difference is they actually attempted shots on net and we didn’t.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Honestly Chicago is crap. But the difference is they actually attempted shots on net and we didn’t.
    I honestly think if we had a half decent striker who can actually trap the ball and pass and make moves rather then runs, we would have had shots & scored with that midfield we had in the last 25 minutes.

There's a lot of dead wood to get rid of but if you have 1 decent striker, and I mean MLS sub level decent, our results will get better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a horrible season. Zero hope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    What a horrible season. Zero hope.

Nah...unless you mean hope for a win. I got hope for 2024 - watching Coello, Oso & Ibarra was good. Hedges & Mabika & Johnson know what they are doing. We got some serious issues with defensive responsibilities by any non CB. But there was some decent stuff out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I honestly think if we had a half decent striker who can actually trap the ball and pass and make moves rather then runs, we would have had shots & scored with that midfield we had in the last 25 minutes.

There's a lot of dead wood to get rid of but if you have 1 decent striker, and I mean MLS sub level decent, our results will get better.
    Yeah I agree. I almost think we should play some kind of striker hunger games and tell these guys to go battle in the box and just cause chaos. Short of a tap in on a goal mouth scramble they won’t get anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do we see a new head coach before League's Cup after this 6th straight loss tonight at Chicago? I hope they do not rush into anything, this have to hit it right on this, messing it up is not an option.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please ask me for more money TFC…..I can’t wait to see what they can sell to the public in regards to this team now that the great Italian and Canadian National team experiment is basically over (Shaff and MAK and Lareya likely now gone too, so really just Oso)….

I can take my thousands and save it all for one Messi game, and actually just wait until a day before to see if he actually plays in Toronto (which is doubtful frankly)…..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah...unless you mean hope for a win. I got hope for 2024 - watching Coello, Oso & Ibarra was good. Hedges & Mabika & Johnson know what they are doing. We got some serious issues with defensive responsibilities by any non CB. But there was some decent stuff out there.
    Ibarra is on loan for remainder of season, not 2024.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow the shill tfc fans are out in full force tonight....come on bill give terry a 3 yr contract do it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spending this much money on players and playing our most important month with 0-1 DP, a 3rd choice gk and like 7 starters out is ludicrously embarrassing.

it's mid july and our strikers have 1 goal between them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol if we are just looking to whip crosses into the box, and mabika isn't gonna be starting we should just put him up top and once we get the ball and push it down the flanks just launch em into where he's standing and play the odds lol.

In a game that was meh, I think the mid showed signs of growth potential - a first game with those guys together and like all you guys said... terry kept rearranging the furniture at times and they still seemed to be fairly vocal with each other to problem solve and tell each other where they like to play. But gonna be hard to win games even if we start trying to control the midfield if absolutely nobody can run on into space and have a nose around goal lol.

Also - at what point after this do we just expect insigne and berna to be negotiating transfers out when they continue to stay out of the line-up as 'matchday decisions' but not actually anywhere near the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice to have someone like Shaffelburg to run at the opposition and be offensive. I wish we had someone like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Manning punching the air right now that he can't just hire Terry Dunfield as manager. Instead he'll need to hire Steven Caldwell over doing an actual search.
    Last edited by MikeForbes; 07-15-2023 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has now gone 439 minutes without scoring a goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 14 games you need to score in more than 4 of them (shutout in 10 of the last 14 games and a total of 5 goals scored) - if your roster is that bad that you can't even score a goal by accident at some point in at least 1/2 the games, it's embarrassing.

Signing no strikers of consequence, and overpaying for crap up front in Akinola and Diomande and Sapong and other such nonsense (giving away Shaff) is all on management at not evaluating talent properly - but sure Manning is doing a great job…..go Argos I guess…
    Last edited by tfcfans; 07-15-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poor guy dunfield...nowhere near ready to head coach at this level...put servania at rb who hasnt played there in how long? and with ibarra exhausted...instead pulled 3 of the 4 defenders (while the team had not conceded) and theres even rutty who was invisible offensively who has experience at rb...on the goal both blessing and rutty are on the left side and servania is left alone on a 2vs1 then easily beaten on the run and ibarra not able to get to the player

and then osorio...how dumb are we giving him 1.4m...looked like a regular squad player once again...not anywhere near a dp...gotta clean out all three dps after this year...playoffs obviously out of reach in 2023 for a team that has 3 wins all year and would need 7-8 wins in the last 10 games to get in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    poor guy dunfield...nowhere near ready to head coach at this level...put servania at rb who hasnt played there in how long? and with ibarra exhausted...instead pulled 3 of the 4 defenders (while the team had not conceded) and theres even rutty who was invisible offensively who has experience at rb...on the goal both blessing and rutty are on the left side and servania is left alone on a 2vs1 then easily beaten on the run and ibarra not able to get to the player

and then osorio...how dumb are we giving him 1.4m...looked like a regular squad player once again...not anywhere near a dp...gotta clean out all three dps after this year...playoffs obviously out of reach in 2023 for a team that has 3 wins all year and would need 7-8 wins in the last 10 games to get in
    Osorio is damaged goods since his head injury last year. It sucks because it's not his fault, but it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are what we are

But honestly, all things considered, we played okay and genuinely have improved a tiny bit. That second half mid field looked decent, best mid field lineup for us since the Delgado Osorio days?

Our seasons over and yeah manning out etc but, and maybe it's just clutching at straws, there's some signs of improvement there. Some.

Our striker situation is fucking tragic, though

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the 2012 rock bottom has a basement. https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toro...ucting-tweets/
    Last edited by boozilla; 07-15-2023 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2012 team - that Koevermans called the worst team in the world? The one that lost 9 games straight to start the season?

I just looked, on July 18 that year:

TFC 2012 had 19 points from 20 games - 5 wins and 11 losses and 4 draws.

TFC 2023 has 19 points from 24 games - 3 wins, 11 losses, 10 draws.

Should be an interesting battle in the second half, for the “all time” mantle.

It's going to take some work to finish as badly as TFC 2012 did - that team never won another game.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-16-2023 at 06:29 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The 2012 team - that Koevermans called the worst team in the world? The one that lost 9 games straight to start the season?

It's going to take some work to finish as badly as TFC 2012 did - that team never won another game.
    I told you guys a while back "STILL THE WORST TEAM IN THE WORLD".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

It’s not even close-2012 we won the voyageur’s, and reached the semis in champs league-there was stuff to be a proud of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These games under Dunfield appear to be assessment runouts directed by Hernandez. I’m guessing they want to see who fits now that Bob’s crazy experiment is over. Especially the defenders. Hard to tell who can defend without a real DM in front of them.
    If they field consistent rosters during the league’s cup of the best 11, I would almost bet on it. Either that or Dunfield makes very strange decisions.
    Still looks as though we need 4 or 5 starters to right the ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    This team is absolutely jinxed….. but I would rather watch the 11 on the field tonight trying than seeing our DPs coasting.

Find team players not mercenaries…people who will play for the badge. Say what you want about MB, he bled red.
    I agree. The team defense overall has improved immensely, the mid looked really good yesterday with Osorio being the team leader, but we still lack any threat up top. The 11 that finished the game look like our best 11 at the moment. Keep the Italians on the bench for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I agree. The team defense overall has improved immensely, the mid looked really good yesterday with Osorio being the team leader, but we still lack any threat up top. The 11 that finished the game look like our best 11 at the moment. Keep the Italians on the bench for now.
    Yeah I agree. Help wanted sign very much in the window for new DP’s but otherwise I think we look more cohesive without them in the lineup. Lot less of guys barking at one another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    These games under Dunfield appear to be assessment runouts directed by Hernandez. I’m guessing they want to see who fits now that Bob’s crazy experiment is over. Especially the defenders. Hard to tell who can defend without a real DM in front of them.
    If they field consistent rosters during the league’s cup of the best 11, I would almost bet on it. Either that or Dunfield makes very strange decisions.
    Still looks as though we need 4 or 5 starters to right the ship.
    I suspect this is true. I think they know based on our roster strength -- or basically almost complete lack thereof -- that we had little to no chance of making the playoffs, and they are assessing.

The team we had out for the last 20 minutes could've competed if they'd been out there for the night. A 4321 with Coello and Ibarra behind Osorio in the middle was the closest we've looked to competent in a long time.

I imagine we'll see that in leagues cup. They'll try to get a decent result there to save some face on the season, then gut this sucker before next year.

I wonder if we'll get that striker, though. Because we're not going anywhere in any tournament without a dangerous front man.