Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here comes the rain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Best player on the pitch for me. The talent is there, it's absolutely there, he does things nobody without an Italian passport can do on this team. He just shows it so rarely. But he's been quietly quite good today.

Given the line up that's a really nice performance over all. Maybe it's just low expectations but I'm happy enough with that, there's some signs of life.
    yeah. maybe he just needs to be put into his natural position and be allowed to learn and grow. Maybe just lacked the confidence to go forward on things before this point when stakes were higher or Italian DP's and MB4 were always there with their presence to bark over bad plays.

Maybe he can keep building on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. Down 1-0
    Last edited by rydermike; 07-08-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello in for Servania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello desperately pointing to Franklin and JMR to play forward, not back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, I'll take Coello over Servania

MAK takes an extra touch too many almost every time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kobe Franklin does not know how to go forward. He actually passed backwards there despite an empty lane for 20 yards right in front of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Jesus (Batiz) save us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAK - where forward movement stops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too gassed out from a funeral to see this through to the end. Maybe me tuning out will encourage the boys to score one of those things the other teams always score against us. Forget what they are called, but they seem to result in wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanna add that if Coello was american and was on a US club, he'd be getting foamed at by Doyle and all the other dudes who could never manage out of a paper bag but arm chair cite every analytics number in the playbook.

He's a jackson Yeuill, paxton pomykal and any of those ball moving mid types and they often will never shut up about ( and never not name drop being young gun midfielders). This guy? Coello? you won't hear a peep despite being friggan ice cold when he receives the ball and puts in really good spaces... considering he came from the college system/ with a touch of spanish academy
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 07-08-2023 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six players behind the ball on a free kick in their end, and they have to be directed by Coello to get into the fucking box. Unbelievable.

We have so many young players with skill and technique, but poor fundamentals and no actual recognition of how to play football. It's astounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck was Pearlman doing there?

(And excellent as he generally is, Coello's backpass there was bananas stupid, to start all that.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like there's a lot of baptism by fire out there with the youths lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, our central defender is being mugged over the back and it isn't called, passes it to another central defender where they do the same and it ends up a corner...

And that basically started with shitty officiating. Man, they've missed a lot both ways today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello's frantically signalling Koby to toss it into the box, and instead he goes short despite not really having a guy there yet. I just...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield getting the most of what he has. Great effort. Unlucky.

I was expecting a mauling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... that one stung a little. Played okay, just too many guys who shouldn't be out there. Central defenders were generally poor, MAK was poor, Kerr was quite poor, Franklin made a lot of very weak decisions and stalled a lot going forward.

The rest played well.

Just a game of inches today, no one quite good enough to bury a chance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not embarrassed

Not good enough

But not embarrassed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make no doubt about it tho - we play a much more diverse game when the italians aren't out there.

Do you play them for the small chance we can improve scoring chances and opportunity for a win or tie... or do ya just keep trotting out the kids as long as dunfield is here so they can do a good prospect dive of their system and see who can grow and step up or who just is never gonna be ready. The kids tonight weren't that bad, considering what we've had in prior weeks lol- but be nice to have a single youth or striker who just knows how to run past defenders in the odd channel run lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re a free 3 points. That’s all there is to say.

Our goalless streak is worthy of the whole league laughing at us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had them working well and playing hard, but our lineup just isn't good enough right now.

I do wonder why he took off Akinola when he was our most dangerous player tonight by a mile. Maybe he looked leggy, but Sapong was offering nothing and would've made more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're not great but Dunfield is unlucky to be 0 for 3. He's improved us in some small ways even with almost nobody available to him. I don't think he's the answer long term at all but he's done okay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC gave it a good effort tonight. A draw seemed justified but didn’t work out that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    TFC gave it a good effort tonight. A draw seemed justified but didn’t work out that way.
    One thing was clear tonight: they know what he wants. Get the ball wide, put it into the box, crash the box. It's not sophisticated but if we had even one good striker we probably walk out of that one with a point.

For a team missing so many starters, we really did okay. I think the big remaining problem is that we clearly don't have a consistent scorer. A top-level striker, a starter like Vasquez or Giakoumakis or Benteke, buries at least one of those crosses today.

I thought Ayo played really quite well. He was all over them. It was a good sign.

I mean... I'm just going to say it, Terry Dunfield generally impresses me. I don't agree with a few things and I'm pretty sure they'll go for someone with more experience, but this season feels like a wash. If they got a good striker but couldn't get the man they wanted to run the show, I wouldn't feel terrible with him getting a longer look, with more starters.

I think he's doing some things for longer-term dividends, like holding back Coello tonight and getting Bartiz out onto the pitch when Ayo was doing well. Also not sure putting in two young and quite skittish-looking defenders in late was such a wise move and it almost cost us a goal.

But he wants them ready to play.

I like that he seems to have simplified their approach and made them all play more directly. This league doesn't really thrive much on possession minutes, let's face it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Agreed. They are finally playing as a team. Keep Bernadeschi and Insigne on the bench. Kids are playing well, but unlucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romero looked really good, like a real keeper which we haven’t had the past few matches. That gives us something of a chance.

Otherwise, it is what what it is. If we had a good striker we might’ve earned a draw. The kit was probably the strongest thing about the night. Not that I want to see it every night but most of our kits right from the beginning have been drab or ugly. This has flair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Agreed. They are finally playing as a team. Keep Bernadeschi and Insigne on the bench. Kids are playing well, but unlucky.
    Not very unlucky and I don’t see this roster (as it was tonight) winning too many at all.

We’ve been obsessing over the Italians but let’s not get carried away. Without them (and others) we look like a last place team or close to it.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-09-2023 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for Dunfield. He’s going to leave this as nothing more than the answer to a trivia question as the only coach to never win for TFC.