Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing they need to do, and not in a presser

TFC needs to apologise to its fans for what has & is occurring.

Players & staff need to do this - openly & publicly at games and other venues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One thing they need to do, and not in a presser

TFC needs to apologise to its fans for what has & is occurring.

Players & staff need to do this - openly & publicly at games and other venues.
    Will never happen. At best there will be an apology form letter "we'll get it right" email sent out after we're officially eliminated from the playoffs in a few weeks. I don't even think they care enough to do a press conference until the post mortem one and at that they'll re-iterate the new plan to do it right and get the franchise back on track (mentioning 2017 of course) while throwing Bob under the bus and pointing to injuries as why it all went wrong. One thing we do not have from the top down is accountability and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    I can't even get an empty water bottle filled with fucking water.
    Is this accurate? Wouldn't that be a violation of their liquor license? I thought that any business selling alcohol has to provide free water.

At a recent game, my friend and I got our water bottles filled for free at one of the west side food counters. I also heard that there's a bottle filling station on the east side, but I haven't tried to find that yet.

I really don't see how they could allow Manning to hire another coach. I think the most important thing for supporters is to show them that they will do things completely different from the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Is this accurate? Wouldn't that be a violation of their liquor license? I thought that any business selling alcohol has to provide free water.

At a recent game, my friend and I got our water bottles filled for free at one of the west side food counters. I also heard that there's a bottle filling station on the east side, but I haven't tried to find that yet.

I really don't see how they could allow Manning to hire another coach. I think the most important thing for supporters is to show them that they will do things completely different from the past.
    Yes. It was a while ago. l asked them for a cup of water, and they gave me boiling water (twice). Eventually they said they cannot provide water.
    If there is a bottle filling station, then I have no idea where that is.

This actually has happened to me a few more times at other events. This year at the Indy, all the vendors said go to the bottle filling station, however there was no bottle filling station in the infield at all so you had to go safari trek all the way to the Enercare centre.

Edit: also with regards to "free water", I believe that this is not actually true. I think the law only says that they must also have non-alcoholic beverages available for sale, not that they must be free. I think that the give them water idea is moreso something you hear about in smart serve training, limiting your liability as the server.
    Last edited by wopchop; 07-27-2023 at 08:08 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Yes. It was a while ago. l asked them for a cup of water, and they gave me boiling water (twice). Eventually they said they cannot provide water.
    If there is a bottle filling station, then I have no idea where that is.

This actually has happened to me a few more times at other events. This year at the Indy, all the vendors said go to the bottle filling station, however there was no bottle filling station in the infield at all so you had to go safari trek all the way to the Enercare centre.

Edit: also with regards to "free water", I believe that this is not actually true. I think the law only says that they must also have non-alcoholic beverages available for sale, not that they must be free. I think that the give them water idea is moreso something you hear about in smart serve training, limiting your liability as the server.
    Thanks for clarifying. I have often gotten free water at some of the west-side food counters at BMO Field (not the smaller food & drink stands). Although it's just from their tap, so it's not exactly ice cold.

Going from the west side to the east side for the (supposed) bottle filling station is also quite the trek. I will try to do that in one of the next games, and report back.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewals are going to be like 2012 low. They will have to think of something to get people to renew, at this point a lot of people won't be renewing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I predict a disaster for renewals. Can’t even give these tickets away let alone sell any to games you can’t attend.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Renewals are going to be like 2012 low. They will have to think of something to get people to renew, at this point a lot of people won't be renewing.
    What if they buy a big name that'll sell a lot of jerseys. That always works, right?

It looks like that's the plan again with Hedges move for GAM. Hopefully this time the war chest will be dropped on an Almiron instead of a famous retiree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think they will lose at least 40% and that's being optimistic.

And that's if they do something to entice renewal. If they keep radio silence and jack the seats another 20% like I'm sure they want to then maybe 30% will renew.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What if they buy a big name that'll sell a lot of jerseys. That always works, right?

It looks like that's the plan again with Hedges move for GAM. Hopefully this time the war chest will be dropped on an Almiron instead of a famous retiree.
    i dont think it's fair to call insigne and bernardeschi retirees.

they just aren't the profile of DPs that work in this league.

most effective are CAMs and Strikers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i dont think it's fair to call insigne and bernardeschi retirees.
    I do.

One guy can't manage anything against even the shittiest defenses we've played and the other is injured at a Jozy rate. If that doesn't spell retirement then nothing does.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I do.

One guy can't manage anything against even the shittiest defenses we've played and the other is injured at a Jozy rate. If that doesn't spell retirement then nothing does.
    being a bad fit for the league and injury prone doesn't mean they are retirees. you don't retire at 31 and 28 (ages they were signed).

bernardeschi has multiple clubs in serie a after him. insigne had inter milan, atletico madrid and newcastle making offers when he came here.

they just fit the league badly in terms of profile or player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need to start with a roll-back of prices to even start the conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    They need to start with a roll-back of prices to even start the conversation.
    Now introducing: CSL pricing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being a bad fit for the league and injury prone doesn't mean they are retirees. you don't retire at 31 and 28 (ages they were signed).

bernardeschi has multiple clubs in serie a after him. insigne had inter milan, atletico madrid and newcastle making offers when he came here.

they just fit the league badly in terms of profile or player.
    You do if you're body is busted down and both of them look like they are.

And I bet IM, AM, and NU are thankful they didn't waste their money on Insigne. As for Berna, I will believe Italian teams really want him when it happens.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-28-2023 at 10:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do if you're body is busted down and both of them look like they are.

And I bet IM, AM, and NU are thankful they didn't waste their money on Insigne. As for Berna, I will believe Italian teams really want him when it happens.
    insigne probably plays another 5 years, berna 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Now introducing: CSL pricing
    Lol. Maybe not that much, but they did freeze (and roll-back?) SS prices before. They need to do it again.

I find so many challenges getting to games on top of the disastrous team: the Saturday night game time slot. I know that's not their fault but they need to try to vary it with some afternoon games, it's tough with little kids; the terrible amounts of construction and TTC re-routing. I live in the east end, and there is no good way to get to BMO now (or even downtown), maybe allowing people to bring bike helmets into BMO would be good as Bikeshare is the only way I can get to a game on time without leaving 1 1/2 hours early for a supposed 20 minute drive.

Please get rid of this terrible home kit. If needed go back to last year's. Give every SSH a free one. I know that's dumb in the scheme of things, but this terrible kit is somehow symbolic of how low we've sunk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insigne probably plays another 5 years, berna 7.
    Oh they can play that long sure. Will they be of any use during it? Probably not.

I've seen nothing from that either that they could be anymore than a secondary piece or bench option for a club in a real league. Maybe in Saudi or Qatar they could start and have some impact. Maybe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any giveaway would be nice. Jays have all sorts of them. Argos too. TFC stopped trying years ago.
    But I agree, please fix the schedule and have some afternoon games. 4 pm would be great, opening day should be 1 pm in the sunshine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) we should be getting back money (as we didn’t play more than 1 game in the leagues cup)
    2) give us a refund for the remainder of the season - nothing to play for is going to make for poor games
    3) reduce pricing for next year - my 2 seats in 107 (red) cost $3950 this season - add in another $630 for go train costs and I am not getting my entertainment value out of this and until they can demonstrate entertaining football they simply can’t charge these prices.
    4) they need to look at food concession pricing - $43 for 2 hot dogs and a bottle of water is price gouging

I’ve been a season seat holder since day 1 and the Toronto ‘til I die I’ve taken quite literally up until now. I never thought I would even think about not renewing but that’s where I am right now. I think this season might be my last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree apple and ticketmaster have a hold on these games 7.30pm at night is no good for a family prices are ??? Insane ???? Stupid colours only 2 kits home and away Red for home

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Any giveaway would be nice. Jays have all sorts of them. Argos too. TFC stopped trying years ago.
    But I agree, please fix the schedule and have some afternoon games. 4 pm would be great, opening day should be 1 pm in the sunshine.
    Agros, Jays, Raptors, and the Marlies have many give away days. Some cool items too.

TFC giveaways lack creativity and quality (Last season Bernadeschi t-shirt was ugly and thin, and this seasons home opener paper flags were a waste of paper with many left littered throughout the stadium).
    We saw one good year with T-Shirts, Flags, and hats. But still those fail in comparison to what the Jays, Marlies, etc give away.

Don't get me started on Bobbleheads, TFC only ever had 1 and it was a giveaway at a fucking Marlies HOCKEY game. WTF? Another thorn in my side is the Championship ring. Marlies, Argos, etc had their championship rings as a game giveaway, we had to shell out money to buy TFC Championship rings.

I like the 7:30 pm game schedule , it allows families to do other things during the day and then watch the game at night. Althought I am not a fan of 7:30pm games in the colder months.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a rollback to year 1 pricing and the Apple subscription included for free will be enough.

Any free tickets to things I don't care about or cheap T-Shirts I'll never wear won't cut it. Not this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, there's a zoo day!! It's all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wait, there's a zoo day!! It's all good.
    Yeah, let's throw a lunch event during a weekday, and we'll call it a day. Bunch of jokers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Yeah, let's throw a lunch event during a weekday, and we'll call it a day. Bunch of jokers.
    Do we get to vote on which cage Manning goes in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t know Testa Golazo the footy dog was an animal attraction at the zoo…

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM2cNu2dX/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post
    Agros, Jays, Raptors, and the Marlies have many give away days. Some cool items too.

TFC giveaways lack creativity and quality (Last season Bernadeschi t-shirt was ugly and thin, and this seasons home opener paper flags were a waste of paper with many left littered throughout the stadium).
    We saw one good year with T-Shirts, Flags, and hats. But still those fail in comparison to what the Jays, Marlies, etc give away.

Don't get me started on Bobbleheads, TFC only ever had 1 and it was a giveaway at a fucking Marlies HOCKEY game. WTF? Another thorn in my side is the Championship ring. Marlies, Argos, etc had their championship rings as a game giveaway, we had to shell out money to buy TFC Championship rings.

I like the 7:30 pm game schedule , it allows families to do other things during the day and then watch the game at night. Althought I am not a fan of 7:30pm games in the colder months.
    The ring thing drove me nuts too - they gave cheap replica ones to staff (similar to the Argos and Raptors ones given away at games for free) that I managed to buy off of someone, never mind the expensive Barrons ones (I did spend money on a nice paperweight) - but not to give them to Season Seat Holders was ridiculous. They also had a mini MLS Cup that you could only get if you bought more than $150 worth of merchandise in early 2018.

Considering what this team cost to buy as an expansion franchise, and what it’s worth now, there is no reason to be cheap on this sort of stuff. They played on Canada Day this year at home - anything given away other than the result? Fireworks post game ? Nope, Just another embarrassing loss given away in extra time…..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a rollback to year 1 pricing and the Apple subscription included for free will be enough.

Any free tickets to things I don't care about or cheap T-Shirts I'll never wear won't cut it. Not this time.
    I agree wholeheartedly, but the days of $200-$250 season tickets (in yellow and light gray) are never returning.

The Apple thing will be thrown in I’m sure next year too — big whoop, if you save the thousands that most people spend on a pair of season seats (outside of the two cheapest price points it’s well into the $1500-$2500 range), they can easily afford to spend $130C and even another $500 to see Messi if he actually shows up to play (on some rainy and cold night in mid-April I’m sure) and still be way ahead.

What are they selling me in terms of TFC for 19 other games ? Why would I want to go? Tickets are not going to be hard to come by other than the one game if HE shows up to play. Just remember that Beckham played a total of one regular season game in Toronto in all his time in the league, so if you bought season tickets just to see him play, that was a losing proposition most years (he also played in the one All Star Game here, and one Champions League Game at the Dome too).
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-10-2023 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year is the first year that we ae seriously thinking about if we are going to renew or not. Between the abysmal product on the field and the ever rising over priced concessions, it has made us talk of why should we bother. What makes this even worse is I never had these discussions back in 2012 & 2013 when we would have lost to a timbit team. This franchise needs to stop insulting its fanbase. Fire Manning, lower the ticket and concession costs, actually follow through with promises (Safe standing) and hold yourselves accountable publicly to the fan base. Don't try and sell me in a controlled press conference about how you think you can right the ship, just look what I did 5 years ago. Put yourselves in a public form, such as a town hall, and allow yourselves to be held accountable to the fanbase.