Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What should TFC do for Its Supporters to Make Up for the Abysmal Product this Year?

As the title says:

The team has been crap - not good enough by any means

Realistically, what should the team do for us who paid for this?

And if somebody could provide some cogent reasons as to why, that would be helpful too.

I think the team owes us something - we've had an apology or two but...what tangible should be done?

Oh, and I too know darn well that they might do nothing...and that leaving or not buying merch or concessions is a valid way to react.

But I think its time to start building pressure...real pressure on the FO to do something, for its supporters who are putting up with this shit

And people can yell "MANNING OUT" all they want but that isn't all they can / should do something. Its been crap since we came back from covid.

So...thoughts?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give us A Red home kit!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we're talking.

Well they're taking us for granted for sure and it's very obvious. There's minimal to no interaction anymore.

Main thing, we're getting sub year one quality everywhere (team, match day experience, times, winter night matches, prices, concessions) so their price point should reflect that. They want to run it like an afterthought or an "oops, this time we'll get it right, duurrrr" then it should cost the minor league rate of $190 south end seasons like it used to be. We shouldn't have to be on the hook for their continued apathy/terrible judgment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Give us A Red home kit!!

Yeh, I know they've heard it about that one but damn the whole "we know a guy and so it will be good" thinking not only has to stop, but they really gotta start listening to the totalliy of the thinking of their smart fans (not the bloggers like Nesker) tell them what we ACTUALLY want.

Like Ozymandias sitting in front of his screens in the Watchmen.

Because, my god, their intelligence gathering about fans is so bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, if Bill and them had any pride and actually wanted to keep somewhat of a relationship with fans instead of creating this slow drift where people become disassociated... they'd have a town hall FREE without ego, bite back or PR ready to give excuses for the STH's. An environment not where they act all smug like they realize now all their problems, and now know how to solve them - they give people who follow the club that are fairly intelligent fans the opportunity for feedback so they hear it point blank. Not just with leaders and small focus groups. Open to season ticket holders.

It's been a shit show of 2 complete coaching overhauls. Manning's and board's entire success metrics are season tickets sold and retained. They are a large stakeholder. Face the music and let them have their time for input, frustration and don't hide like a chicken shit. They haven't been good enough, and even with hernandez being given the option to be his life preserver questions should be allowed to be asked, in detail with humble answers.

That's the least they could do, ontop of freebee's and other comped crap
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 07-04-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They increased my ticket price by ~22% this year, so they can fucking start by rolling that back.

Concessions prices are extortionate. If they want easy good will, they start with that.
    They got rid of free refills on the "collector's cup". I can't even get an empty water bottle filled with fucking water.

In the winter Games, they had one stand only (on east) that sold a hot drink. What the fuck are these people doing?

Last game I was trying to get a regular hot dog for my kid and got led on a scavenger hunt to find it.

Have there been any giveaways at all this year?

My suggestion to everyone to send a message is to Opt-Out of Leagues Cup tickets.
    Last edited by wopchop; 07-04-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As the title says:

The team has been crap - not good enough by any means

Realistically, what should the team do for us who paid for this?

And if somebody could provide some cogent reasons as to why, that would be helpful too.

I think the team owes us something - we've had an apology or two but...what tangible should be done?

Oh, and I too know darn well that they might do nothing...and that leaving or not buying merch or concessions is a valid way to react.

But I think its time to start building pressure...real pressure on the FO to do something, for its supporters who are putting up with this shit

And people can yell "MANNING OUT" all they want but that isn't all they can / should do something. Its been crap since we came back from covid.

So...thoughts?

great topic. they fooled you last year, shame on tfc
    they fooled you again this year, shame on you
    its truly amazing and brilliant how they got people to pay top dollar for tc2, and mls journeymen every game
    $50 million in revenue i project and paying these tfc2 players peanuts, Bill Manning is the man!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A price rollback would’ve been in play if Messi wasn’t coming. But because Messi is coming you will see a significant increase in ticket prices and if you don’t pay it, there will be a huge line up of people waiting to take those tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really they should refund any tickets that SSHs don't use for the rest of the season or count it as a credit if that SSH chooses to punish themselves by renewing. I can't see myself bothering to go again this season. What's the point plus the fat cats need to see the empty seats, low concession sales, and dead atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    A price rollback would’ve been in play if Messi wasn’t coming. But because Messi is coming you will see a significant increase in ticket prices and if you don’t pay it, there will be a huge line up of people waiting to take those tickets.
    In Miami, yes but how much can they jack prices and what's the demand going to be for the other 19 or so matches when he doesn't visit BMO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Really they should refund any tickets that SSHs don't use for the rest of the season or count it as a credit if that SSH chooses to punish themselves by renewing. I can't see myself bothering to go again this season. What's the point plus the fat cats need to see the empty seats, low concession sales, and dead atmosphere.
    If Manning is not fired, I will not renew, 100%. I said it before, if he and the bradleys are here, I won't be. BB going had me dipping my toe back in the water...but Manning here still means I won't renew. He cannot be part of any rebuild.

I literally cannot give away my tickets to family and friends....I get a polite no thanks am busy from some (even though I know they aren't doing anything lol) to my buddies who say a flat out no way, we suck...not wasting my time/money (food/drinks/go/parking) for this crap. I appreciate the honesty. Its a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well supporter seats in my opinion are cheap, compared to rest of the stadium, so I highly doubt anything will be done for Supporter sections pricing.
    As for actual supporter fans regardless of where you sit, I agree a town hall of some sort is definitely needed especially when you are at the bottom of the league. There will always be winners and always be losers.
    For now we are the losers so front office needs to do more to keep the seats selling if the product on the field is abysmal.
    As mentioned above with concessions, maybe for season holders offer then coupons like how they've done before or 25% off any food items (shouldn't need a BMO card for 10% off, or offer an additional 10% if using BMO card).
    I myself opted out of the leagues cup, as the value of what they have the tickets priced at should be halved.
    Last year they were talking about dynamic pricing on games because they were so confident in the team doing well with the Italian players. So if dynamic pricing is in effect, then these tickets should be alot less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    I myself opted out of the leagues cup, as the value of what they have the tickets priced at should be halved.
    I think this would be an effective form of protest. If people were publicly encouraged to dump their league cup tickets to show the club their displeasure, it might just start to register how badly they screwed up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think this would be an effective form of protest. If people were publicly encouraged to dump their league cup tickets to show the club their displeasure, it might just start to register how badly they screwed up.
    I did that a while ago and I called my rep as well and asked him to remove my credit card number from their system so they don't "accidently" bill me anything anymore. Plus I want them to have to call me at renewal time so they can hear it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did that a while ago and I called my rep as well and asked him to remove my credit card number from their system so they don't "accidently" bill me anything anymore. Plus I want them to have to call me at renewal time so they can hear it again.
    Well played.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of all possible protest moves to get noticed that is probably the best one.

If a large amount of season seat members called their reps and asked for their credit card numbers to be removed and that they want to be contacted at renewal time before providing the number again and that they will decide if the team has done enough to warrant a renewal at that time would send a message that the reps would have to pass upwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s a good one as well. It really makes their life inconvenient to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Miami, yes but how much can they jack prices and what's the demand going to be for the other 19 or so matches when he doesn't visit BMO?
    No guarrantee he won’t be “injured” the Bmo game and he won’t be playing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ let’s be real there’s a good chance we get the Miami game on some freezing day in March-April and Miami will not risk their prized asset in such conditions. Beckham did not play here in the summer of 2007 either (I know as I had tickets and still went - LOL) and a ton of seats were sold on his name as much as anything at that time.

You can take your season tickets for $500-$600 a seat like mine (ie. the “cheaper” ones) and be able to buy a Messi tickets for that amount and not be subjected to 19 other games of “punishment” - and if you’re spending thousands on these tickets - you can see Messi for a lot less than that. For anyone who thinks that any extra seats will be sold to STH at anything less than exorbitant prices, they are fooling themselves - they aren’t giving away that revenue.

I never thought I would give my seats up as I have light gray seats that I really like, at a price point that is not ridiculous - but frankly I’m just flushing my money down the toilet these days every week - it’s ridiculous - and I can’t imagine those spending 2-4x what I’m paying, are not more pissed at eating even more money every week.

I highly doubt a rollback is occurring - at best you’ll get a “we are not increasing” prices message as if that’s some great score for us - or the Apple TV thing will be free again for another year - I’m sure eventually that will get taken away across the league as frankly the people most likely to buy the MLS package are the ones you’re giving it away for free to, in every market (ie. The hardcore fans who actually watch MLS and support it with their wallets)…..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    No guarrantee he won’t be “injured” the Bmo game and he won’t be playing
    That happened with Beckham back in the day.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That happened with Beckham back in the day.
    At least once they (likely) deliberately scheduled Galaxy here during a FIFA window where he was back in the UK; as Toronto was one of the few stadiums that was selling out at the time, so didn't need the boost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Normally, because I like watching us play Mexican sides maybe more than all others, I would be one to buy those league cup seats others have opted out of. But not this time. I want to see good football not to watch our likely humiliation in the leagues cup. From a football perspective, Manning has certainly run this club into the ground.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...any further thoughts because the rest of the season ain't getting much better then this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should fire bill manning and hire some actual competent executives.

on top of that, some beer tokens for the remaining home games to thank people for coming to watch this dreck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we finish last then we should have the lowest ticket prices at each pricing point in the league. Pay for fair market value only. They want to raise the prices after that reset? Improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fold and apply for an expansion team in 2025.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offseason really needs to be 2015 bold for any chance of even moderate success next year.

that year they brought in jozy and seba (after a big ticket DP underperformed).

needs to be that, but with head office, backroom and medical staff recruitment too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm good with just firing Manning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I'm good with just firing Manning.
    I wouldn't say just that because you never know who they could hire. Earl Cochrane is available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Fold and apply for an expansion team in 2025.
    This is funny but at the same time we would be further ahead if we could do this