Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Manning Deathwatch

Say no more…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failure to retain Giovinco resulting in a disastrous contract to Jozy, which in my opinion is the second worst contract in MLS history.

Failure to retain Vanney who could have rebuilt the squad with a proven track record of being a very capable manager in modern MLS.

Hiring Curtis and giving him full autonomy to hire Armas, and questionable designated players in Yeferson Soteldo and Carlos Salcedo.

Hiring Bob Bradley and giving him full autonomy to gut the roster to only fill it with washed up former players of Bob's system.

Personally signing Insigne to the worst MLS contract in history, no matter what Insigne does he will never live up to it. Also signing Berna who has a history of not cooperating with Insigne, and a questionable track record of professionalism.

All this culminates in having the highest payroll in MLS while simultaneously looking like one of the worst teams the past two years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Failure to retain Giovinco resulting in a disastrous contract to Jozy, which in my opinion is the second worst contract in MLS history.

Failure to retain Vanney who could have rebuilt the squad with a proven track record of being a very capable manager in modern MLS.

Hiring Curtis and giving him full autonomy to hire Armas, and questionable designated players in Yeferson Soteldo and Carlos Salcedo.

Hiring Bob Bradley and giving him full autonomy to gut the roster to only fill it with washed up former players of Bob's system.

Personally signing Insigne to the worst MLS contract in history, no matter what Insigne does he will never live up to it. Also signing Berna who has a history of not cooperating with Insigne, and a questionable track record of professionalism.

All this culminates in having the highest payroll in MLS while simultaneously looking like one of the worst teams the past two years.
    Very good overview.

People can still disagree on some of the details, but the level of failure is indisputable. For example, I was fine with them letting Giovinco and Vanney go. But in both cases, this was long foreshadowed and very predictable. Yet both times they seemed utterly unprepared -- especially WRT Giovinco. There are plenty of other cases where they seemed ill-prepared and ended up making rushed or bad decisions, often after getting backed into a corner.

I think we often want some former players & coaches back, or want them to have stayed longer, because we have ZERO confidence that this team can find someone as good or better. There are thousands of players and coaches theoretically available around the world that could help in some way...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE what am I doing about it: I don't think contacting ticket reps does any good. There seems to be no interest in hearing from SSH'ers. Also ties to ag futbol's comments -- I just don't get the feeling they care much about season ticket holders anymore, and/or they don't have any PR strategy.

Plus, it would have to be my seatmate contacting them, as he holds the seasons tickets.

Otherwise: I'm spending $0 inside the stadium when I go. I'm no longer picking up south end single tickets to games when my seatmate takes a pair. I think that's the case for many people. Resales when you can't make it have been anemic for a couple of years. I'm not even watching many games anymore, either when they're away or when I'm not at a local game. That was UNHEARD of in the past. Only saving grace is that I don't have to pay extra anymore when I do watch games, as we can watch them on Apple as SSH.

Honestly, I can't say I'm actively protesting -- I just don't care anymore. Caring is too much effort for this current band of bozos. That's also how I survive the games when I do go. I've had fun getting to know my neighbouring season ticket holders this season, and have had some nice chats. Although the schedule is so strange, so there's been a huge gap between games.

EDIT I know "not caring" isn't really good. I'm hardly a supporter anymore, after I was so very much into it in the past. But you have to re-evaluate things occasionally. What a strange setup, co-ownership by the country's two biggest media conglomerates, that are screwing us and the whole country in many different ways. High prices for tickets (especially new season tickets) and concessions -- what a crazy price increase for food & drink this year. Plus the management and players seem to not care often either.

Honestly, many things in the world are crashing and burning. There are other areas where I should invest any spare capacity in terms of time, money, and caring. And there are far more entertaining diversions, when I need that.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-05-2023 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have be witness to multiple epic face plants. Like awe inspiringly bad. With our budget, being average in this league would be disappointing. We are struggling just to be bad as opposed to terrible.

How does this man have a job? It’s a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this a new thread?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a discussion when Bobs was turned into a deathwatch, he finally got fired!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    There was a discussion when Bobs was turned into a deathwatch, he finally got fired!!
    I continue to hope….Fire Manning. 0-3 against Montreal this year. Outscored 7-3, has that ever happened? This on its own is a fire able offence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I continue to hope….Fire Manning. 0-3 against Montreal this year. Outscored 7-3, has that ever happened? This on its own is a fire able offence.
    I couldn't believe when they mentioned on the broadcast that we haven't beat Montreal since Sept 9, 2020 in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I couldn't believe when they mentioned on the broadcast that we haven't beat Montreal since Sept 9, 2020 in MLS

killed the grass for argos
    killed derby
    killed supporters spirit
    killed supporters bank account
    killed supporters patience
    killed supporters believe in management

highlight? manning has shown the world how bad he is- at this point its time to go further up then manning - i want results asap.

i want movement asap, this feels like old boys nhl hockey club- by the time 2026 rolls around- TFC most likely will be a joke and no one who is on world cup roster would want to play here.

Some how-manning went from signing big star italiano, convincing his best friend and berna this will be a project leading up to the world cup- lol and poof all gone.

the biggest red flag should have been when Insigne's bestie- "retired" to go play back in italy - if the truth came out how he didnt enjoy the team, lack of quality or didnt believe this team had what i takes to win instead of oh ya he retired- trying to sweet it up under the rug.
    SMH

for the love of all good in this world- let this man go asap, clean house, get rid of everyone at this point. im so numb to this team now its starting to question my passion for the game- only have bill manning to blame.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he doesnt get fired now, what can he do to get fired?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck firing Manning.

How about firing the god damn executives at MLSE who couldn't take two seconds to look at TFC and how the club has declined in every metric the last 3-4 years. All of them are useless and overpaid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathwatch means watching this die - not necessarily happening in the time frame people are thinking / wanting.

If the board was going to fire Manning about what has occurred this season, it would have happened already.

I believe he's on his last chance - the next manager & what they & JH do in response to this mess.

&

that is not going to be judgeable until about a year from now.

LIke it or not, and I get people are going to yell a LOT about this, BM is not going until 2024, at the earliest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Deathwatch means watching this die - not necessarily happening in the time frame people are thinking / wanting.

If the board was going to fire Manning about what has occurred this season, it would have happened already.

I believe he's on his last chance - the next manager & what they & JH do in response to this mess.

&

that is not going to be judgeable until about a year from now.

LIke it or not, and I get people are going to yell a LOT about this, BM is not going until 2024, at the earliest.
    I agree

But

You said the same about bob Bradley

There's always a chance...

Season ticket renewal time in his first major test. Alot of his lies may come crumbling down around then and bottom line is something MLSE does care about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, the deadwatch thread hasn’t failed yet. Don’t jinx this for us.

And before we think he’s entirely safe, wait for renewals. I think that’s when MLsE board finally wakes up and realizes it royally screwed up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Look, the deadwatch thread hasn’t failed yet. Don’t jinx this for us

Hey, I'm doing my part that I always do in deathwatch threads - being the voice of overly cautious "reason". It's always worked because...I do this too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we'll get treated to more 2017 nostalgia vibes after he hires Vanney as sporting director & Fraser as coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I think BM needs to go at the end of the season - I just don't think its going to happen for another year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have inside information, the time to get rid of him is either right now or at the end of the season. St. Louis Saturday with the depleted squad is going to be difficult to say the least and after the Chicago game there is no way we are making the playoffs, so there is no move he can dream of (Even hiring the Special One) that is going to allow us to win 90%+ of the remaining points available.

So if the board were smart fire him now and put in a caretaker and do a proper search. The clean up and rebuild can occur this fall and winter.

Waiting just prolongs the agony and risks Seasons Ticket renewals, no SSHs NO APPLE Renewals as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have inside information, the time to get rid of him is either right now or at the end of the season. .
    Oh, I agree that would be the right thing to do.

But this is a watch thread so..watching things, based on the interviews last week, I think BM & JH have sold the board on "wow BB really screwed us & its going to take a bit of time to fix".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I think BM needs to go at the end of the season - I just don't think its going to happen for another year.
    Yeah, I’d concede you’re probably right. It’s almost beyond belief.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I agree that would be the right thing to do.

But this is a watch thread so..watching things, based on the interviews last week, I think BM & JH have sold the board on "wow BB really screwed us & its going to take a bit of time to fix".
    Not sure how many times BM needs to hire a guy that screwed the team over before they stop letting him hire people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not sure how many times BM needs to hire a guy that screwed the team over before they stop letting him hire people.

Kinda what John Molinaro asked him in the presser, actually....and in his article. The answer was "I'm the president and "I've been around a long time". People ain't buying it in this town anymore - looks like the board did but the fans are done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s really offensive and set of alarms for me is when he cut for Curtis and himself, the 5 year deals. Just think about how many young football careers he has destroyed in the last 3 years while he is fine dining in Italy. Luckily Shaff, Priso and Nelson got out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He took control of a team that just missed Supporters shield to a team that is 1st in wages and a complete joke on the field. MLS crash speed run accomplished!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIUC, this may be one of the protest actions mentioned by TTID's Mike Newell; a banner by one of the SG's that was supposed to be unveiled in the South-End at the TFC Canada Day Match against RSL. I suspect the action was 'complicated' and thwarted by the pre-emptive measures that MLSE instituted the evening prior and they just decided to display it at one of the main ways to the stadium; from the Go Station/Liberty Village.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Look, the deadwatch thread hasn’t failed yet. Don’t jinx this for us.
    The Vanney death watch thread failed because Vanney changed, learned flexible tactics and started to win. That BB was stuck in his tactics and would not start to win was obvious, that death watch thread "worked" and BB is gone.

I agree with Og, this thread is premature, plus we already have a Manning thread.

I don't disagree that Manning should go, but the MLSE board loves the guy after the success with the Argos. We are not going to see a change in club President this season.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-05-2023 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The Vanney death watch thread failed because Vanney changed, learned flexible tactics and started to win. That BB was stuck in his tactics and would not start to win was obvious, that death watch thread "worked" and BB is gone.

I agree with Og, this thread is premature, plus we already have a Manning thread.

I don't disagree that Manning should go, but the MLSE board loves the guy after the success with the Argos. We are not going to see a change in club President this season.
    This thread is overdue. When he goes is a separate matter.

From an MLSE perspective, he’s blown a ridiculous amount of money on a strategy that leaves the club at the bottom of the league. So much so that the board limited his budget. He is on the hot seat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I am not so certain of that.... long time Argos Fan - but let's be real, it's a 1 in 9 chance of winning and SOOOOOOOO many qualified Canadian Candidates to be the president. If they are basing his tenure on that then Fire the MLSE Board. Seriously, and he can't hang his hat on Apple renewals because Apple knows how to track the source of the subscriptions and losses therein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any other walk of life apart from politics, gov't and family business, Manning would be already fired long ago.

I shudder to think he is still here and will be involved in the hiring of the next coach and other player personel moves.

At some point, even if we know mlse upper brass has no clue about football...nor do they care about this team...you'd have to think, they look at this clown Manning and say, okay, he is horrible at his job and time to make a change.*

* the thing that scares me is manning's press conference when he said just becasue we are where we are now (highest payroll in the league, 3 year ina row to miss the playoffs, a laughingstock in the league ) doesn't mean he is "bad" at his job. I bet he peddled that crap to mlse and that's how he stays. They buy his bs. He is the consumate snake oil salesman of the old wild west...scams from one town to the next.

Please get rid of him. We are in a death spiral. I literally can't give my tickets away for free to family and friends.