Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an email last year saying my credits expired Dec 31,2022. And I literally used it right before then. Nonsense all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent an email to my account rep to make sure that he leaves me opted out of league cup games (or whatever it's called). I'm also not planning on going to any of them (that's included as part of my season seats package).

Let them sit vacant.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Because the game was close, there was no "Manning Out" chant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

Far too many egregious mistakes from Manning. That he isn’t out by now is a cruel joke. I hope the chant continues.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

I would say it was more because there wasn’t a coordinated effort right from the start as with Bob more then the game or more significantly the effort from the players. It could be Manning’s clamp down on 114 that spooked them but I do not believe anyone thinks he has done a good job. I will say if it was 5-0 then yes there would have been a chant “Manning Out”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I would say it was more because there wasn’t a coordinated effort right from the start as with Bob more then the game or more significantly the effort from the players. It could be Manning’s clamp down on 114 that spooked them but I do not believe anyone thinks he has done a good job. I will say if it was 5-0 then yes there would have been a chant “Manning Out”
    That was sort of what I was thinking.

114 was in full voice, so not sure that "spooking" was the issue.

My point is about the deathwatch - we don't look really bad, no "Manning out" chants.

He still needs to go but to me the death watch is about the process, not the emotion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it now MLSE and I will renew my seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not be using my seats for the remainder of the season - anyone who wants good deals please check the Ticket thread for good deals well below TM prices…..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meanwhile the argos are having a 25$ ticket 7 $ beer 3$ hotdog promo and we get the a bag of cheez its.talki about a big FU to tfc fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    meanwhile the argos are having a 25$ ticket 7 $ beer 3$ hotdog promo and we get the a bag of cheez its.talki about a big FU to tfc fans
    With the Argos coming off a Grey Cup championship and off to a red hot start this season, I don't see Manning getting fired outright by MLSE. It would make more sense to just alleviate him of his role with TFC, but I'm not sure if MLSE is willing to allocate more financial resources to do that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I hear you but where do you get a gig like this…. One of the highest payrolls in the league, raising ticket prices, missing the playoffs 3 years in a row, shortly we will be in last place overall, setting the MLS record for not scoring, churning GM’s / Coaches as excuses, and giving yourself as well as others 4 and 5 year contracts. I know i appear unreasonable and harsh but the facts don’t lie.

The only thing left to play for is leagues cup….. so if the Italians want to leave, tell them to earn it…. I would even loan Bernie for the rest of the year to Bologna on one condition…. They get out of the group and deep into the leagues cup knock out. The windows will still be open, its not like you will be burnt out treat it like training because you really havent played a full season with any intensity. Prove yourselves to really be $6Million men.

If Manning had the spine to do something like that I would be shocked, and why Manning needs to go. He should not be allowed to participate in the rebuild.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-16-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    With the Argos coming off a Grey Cup championship and off to a red hot start this season, I don't see Manning getting fired outright by MLSE. It would make more sense to just alleviate him of his role with TFC, but I'm not sure if MLSE is willing to allocate more financial resources to do that.
    The Argos are an interesting one, it depends on what success for him is quantified as

MLSE doesn't give a shit about trophies in and of themselves, they care about money. Trophies are a decent means to an end, as winning them generally brings revenue

The Argos won, but don't they get crowds of around 6 people and a dog? The CFL has 9 teams, championships aren't hard to come by, so I wonder on what Manning is judged on there. From the outside looking in, I couldn't imagine the Argos are seen as much of an MLSE success story internally and doubt their business metrics are seen as all that great. But I really, really don't follow CFL at all, so could be way off on this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The Argos are an interesting one, it depends on what success for him is quantified as

MLSE doesn't give a shit about trophies in and of themselves, they care about money. Trophies are a decent means to an end, as winning them generally brings revenue

The Argos won, but don't they get crowds of around 6 people and a dog? The CFL has 9 teams, championships aren't hard to come by, so I wonder on what Manning is judged on there. From the outside looking in, I couldn't imagine the Argos are seen as much of an MLSE success story internally and doubt their business metrics are seen as all that great. But I really, really don't follow CFL at all, so could be way off on this
    It’s apples and oranges from an expense perspective. The Argos have 82 players with a combined salary of $5M. Bill has spent like a drunken sailor, and hired very poorly. He’s not cut out to run a team in MLS. Or at least a team that wants to spend to be competitive. His management skills suit only the MLS cheapskates who wouldn’t let him spend like a drunken sailor and they wouldn’t even bat an eye at his team’s poor performance in the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think more importantly, he tried to delegate his responsibilities and both times, just stood there as the team imploded. Argos have Pinball as the GM and that was a no brainer decision. Why does he deserve a third shot at a TFC GM.... it atrocious, good news management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess continuing to lose and about to miss the playoffs - despite the highest payroll in the league- doesn’t mean Manning is “bad” at his job like he says.

He is a Wild West snake oil salesman. Scammer that somehow evades any accountability and he stays.

Has to be fired on the spot before he does any more damage. Enough is enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total TFC
    @Total_TFC
    ·
    3h
    Toronto FC's abysmal record in MLS since Bill Manning was given a 5-year contract extension in 2021:

•92 games
    •0.88 PPG (81 pts)
    •18W-27D-47L
    •106 GF, 165 GA, -59 GD

—Bottom 3 in MLS each season
    —No playoffs
    —No successful hires
    —Large amount of money wasted on failed DPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, everyone. Look at these stats. This is who is in charge of our club. If ever there was a time to protest, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Total TFC
    @Total_TFC
    ·
    3h
    Toronto FC's abysmal record in MLS since Bill Manning was given a 5-year contract extension in 2021:

•92 games
    •0.88 PPG (81 pts)
    •18W-27D-47L
    •106 GF, 165 GA, -59 GD

—Bottom 3 in MLS each season
    —No playoffs
    —No successful hires
    —Large amount of money wasted on failed DPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Seriously, everyone. Look at these stats. This is who is in charge of our club. If ever there was a time to protest, this is it.
    I've said many times that the only efficient way to protest would be to have empty BMO Field at TFC home matches, until there is a very clear sign that things are turning in better. Not very clear signs in words and intentions of players and management, but in results!

By empty I mean that no more than 10,000 butts in the seats.
    Yes, even for this coming "Leagues Cup" thing.

But this will never happen in Toronto, even if TFC would lose like 15 official matches in row, there would be still some 15,000 people in the stands for some matches.

All this it's coming from the much different characteristics of the median cross-section of the "people in stands" and their perception of "football" and "home team" in Canada (and USA) vs Europe, South and Central America.
    In "people in stands" I'm including everybody present at a match: real supporters and fans, simple football lovers, people looking for some family time-out and fun, people out with friends to have drinks and fun, people just bored, etc.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-17-2023 at 03:06 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the number of season ticket holders who opted out of the automatic purchase for the Leagues Cup will be a bit of a warning shot across their bow. I honestly don’t know a single person who didn’t opt out. (Not that I know enough people for that to be statistically significant)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The true battle of the eternals is playing out now:

* Bill Manning vs Jon Conway *

Who will be the last man standing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I've said many times that the only efficient way to protest would be to have empty BMO Field at TFC home matches, until there is a very clear sign that things are turning in better. Not very clear signs in words and intentions of players and management, but in results!
    I think this plays into Manning’s hands to a certain degree in that he’d rather be bad outside of the spotlight. Poor attendance will eventually tank him but in the near term it’s an advantage.

I think there are ways. Some are easier, others are less seen here and would test supporters organization and fortitude.

Issuing a statement like LA supporters did on Chris Klein would be a realistic goal IMO. Spell out the issues and clearly call out things like him never making a successful hire but taking credit for the success of others.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post

Ballard only cared about money. Teachers only cared about money. Bell and Rogers only care about money. But Larry T wants trophies, badly. He's selling part of his stake but don't think he doesn't care.
    MLSE is trying to get trophies, it's just that senior management doesn't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The true battle of the eternals is playing out now:

* Bill Manning vs Jon Conway *

Who will be the last man standing?
    bwahahaha.

We all know it will be Jon Conway.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-18-2023 at 10:31 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We all know it will be Jon Conway.
    I guess Jon Conway is conning his way into TFC eternity!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Ballard only cared about money. Teachers only cared about money. Bell and Rogers only care about money. But Larry T wants trophies, badly. He's selling part of his stake but don't think he doesn't care.
    MLSE is trying to get trophies, it's just that senior management doesn't know how.
    Larry can’t deliver a pizza, unless Bogers agree.

Larry is 80, whatever the sincerity of his motives are. Suspect his move to sell a piece to OMERS was a gambit to get Bogers to buy that piece, or more.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Larry can’t deliver a pizza, unless Bogers agree.

Larry is 80, whatever the sincerity of his motives are. Suspect his move to sell a piece to OMERS was a gambit to get Bogers to buy that piece, or more.
    If Bell and Larry agree to do something or vise versa do they need Rogers, reason I ask is when Edward R. attempted to oust Masai, I assume Bell was not on side with this or he would have been gone, right?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Larry can’t deliver a pizza, unless Bogers agree. Larry is 80, whatever the sincerity of his motives are. Suspect his move to sell a piece to OMERS was a gambit to get Bogers to buy that piece, or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    If Bell and Larry agree to do something or vise versa do they need Rogers, reason I ask is when Edward R. attempted to oust Masai, I assume Bell was not on side with this or he would have been gone, right?
    IMO, I think Larry's abilities are, his influence is, more nuanced then ensco characterizes; especially within the purview of 'daily operations' governance at MLSE. There are theories about t/his particular move. While I think some ownership chess is afoot, the obvious and prevalent view is he is just trying to increase the valuation of his shares as an exit strategy; should he decide to, or must, sell all by selling or trying to sell some to establish an actual more recent market worth of the shares. There is speculation that a clause exists in the agreement between the three principles requiring Larry to offer Bogers his shares for sale to them in 2026; probably distributed equally to each in amount if both are interested in buying. This situation may also offer Ed his best crack at control of MLSE

IIUC, the shareholder relationship between Bogers themselves and Larry is complicated. It's suggested that to get the NHL's, maybe also even the NBA's, approval for Bell and Rogers shared investment purchase into MLSE, those two parties had to agree to a very specific condition. That they must always vote together, the same, on any/all matters before the board; in unison. My understanding the only way for any of those parties to disagree or express dissent with one another on a specific matter tabled may be to abstain their vote thus negating the others vote desire while Larry's vote position would then carry.

Again, IMO, by all accounts Ed Rogers is not the kind that appreciates sharing and enjoys flexing control. IMO, he hates Larry, and not necessarily Masai. Any dislike is only by extension, by what Masai represents, as Larry's c-suite prodigy and Ed's only existential business threat and future obstacle within MLSE; given the relationships Masai has nurtured over the years with all of MLSE's sports leagues organizations stakeholders; their ownerships and operational stewards. There is speculative theory that the dislike stems from Ed wanting to bring the Blue Jays under the MLSE umbrella but not into the fold as a business entity to be equally shared amongst the principles; like the Argos were. Rumour is Larry prevented that; hence the start of the feud. Subsequent action against Masai's renewal was another attempt at payback; that failed. I suspect Ed attacked Larry most recently through a most effective roundabout corporate manner; the budget restraint/slash. The what of what has just happened at/to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is half-assed speciation but nonetheless I feel the need to type it: I think Manning has been told by the board he’s done.

My bet is after firing Bob he was on his last legs. Then we dropped all the subsequent games but more importantly I suspect both Italians forcefully handed in transfer requests. So Manning, already with egg on his face, goes back to the board and has to deliver the news. The board realizes this means 1) additional buyouts, 2) loss of players we made the centre piece of our team’s marketing efforts.

The board tells Manning he’s toast but to clean up his mess and do one final thing: get rid of the Italians and salvage as much value as possible. They throw the breaks on the coaching search process and other things (like the Laryea signing). That explains why the timelines they expressed are wacky and incoherent.

Anyway, one can hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its friday...they have a game weds.and not a peep from training this week,unless i missed it

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mr. Inbetween
    There's a lot of speculation there, based on more speculation, further based on conjecture. It's a nice narrative but without a lot of evidence. But as almost anything is possible, who knows? You might have the future plotline figured out. Or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

MLSE is 'a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma'.