Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill Manning Deathwatch

Say no more…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failure to retain Giovinco resulting in a disastrous contract to Jozy, which in my opinion is the second worst contract in MLS history.

Failure to retain Vanney who could have rebuilt the squad with a proven track record of being a very capable manager in modern MLS.

Hiring Curtis and giving him full autonomy to hire Armas, and questionable designated players in Yeferson Soteldo and Carlos Salcedo.

Hiring Bob Bradley and giving him full autonomy to gut the roster to only fill it with washed up former players of Bob's system.

Personally signing Insigne to the worst MLS contract in history, no matter what Insigne does he will never live up to it. Also signing Berna who has a history of not cooperating with Insigne, and a questionable track record of professionalism.

All this culminates in having the highest payroll in MLS while simultaneously looking like one of the worst teams the past two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have be witness to multiple epic face plants. Like awe inspiringly bad. With our budget, being average in this league would be disappointing. We are struggling just to be bad as opposed to terrible.

How does this man have a job? It’s a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this a new thread?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a discussion when Bobs was turned into a deathwatch, he finally got fired!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he doesnt get fired now, what can he do to get fired?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck firing Manning.

How about firing the god damn executives at MLSE who couldn't take two seconds to look at TFC and how the club has declined in every metric the last 3-4 years. All of them are useless and overpaid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathwatch means watching this die - not necessarily happening in the time frame people are thinking / wanting.

If the board was going to fire Manning about what has occurred this season, it would have happened already.

I believe he's on his last chance - the next manager & what they & JH do in response to this mess.

&

that is not going to be judgeable until about a year from now.

LIke it or not, and I get people are going to yell a LOT about this, BM is not going until 2024, at the earliest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Deathwatch means watching this die - not necessarily happening in the time frame people are thinking / wanting.
    Look, the deadwatch thread hasn’t failed yet. Don’t jinx this for us.

And before we think he’s entirely safe, wait for renewals. I think that’s when MLsE board finally wakes up and realizes it royally screwed up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIke it or not, and I get people are going to yell a LOT about this, BM is not going until 2024, at the earliest.
    At least we'll get treated to more 2017 nostalgia vibes after he hires Vanney as sporting director & Fraser as coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Look, the deadwatch thread hasn’t failed yet. Don’t jinx this for us

Hey, I'm doing my part that I always do in deathwatch threads - being the voice of overly cautious "reason". It's always worked because...I do this too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I think BM needs to go at the end of the season - I just don't think its going to happen for another year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have inside information, the time to get rid of him is either right now or at the end of the season. St. Louis Saturday with the depleted squad is going to be difficult to say the least and after the Chicago game there is no way we are making the playoffs, so there is no move he can dream of (Even hiring the Special One) that is going to allow us to win 90%+ of the remaining points available.

So if the board were smart fire him now and put in a caretaker and do a proper search. The clean up and rebuild can occur this fall and winter.

Waiting just prolongs the agony and risks Seasons Ticket renewals, no SSHs NO APPLE Renewals as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I think BM needs to go at the end of the season - I just don't think its going to happen for another year.
    Yeah, I’d concede you’re probably right. It’s almost beyond belief.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Unless you have inside information, the time to get rid of him is either right now or at the end of the season. .
    Oh, I agree that would be the right thing to do.

But this is a watch thread so..watching things, based on the interviews last week, I think BM & JH have sold the board on "wow BB really screwed us & its going to take a bit of time to fix".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I agree that would be the right thing to do.

But this is a watch thread so..watching things, based on the interviews last week, I think BM & JH have sold the board on "wow BB really screwed us & its going to take a bit of time to fix".
    Not sure how many times BM needs to hire a guy that screwed the team over before they stop letting him hire people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Not sure how many times BM needs to hire a guy that screwed the team over before they stop letting him hire people.

Kinda what John Molinaro asked him in the presser, actually....and in his article. The answer was "I'm the president and "I've been around a long time". People ain't buying it in this town anymore - looks like the board did but the fans are done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s really offensive and set of alarms for me is when he cut for Curtis and himself, the 5 year deals. Just think about how many young football careers he has destroyed in the last 3 years while he is fine dining in Italy. Luckily Shaff, Priso and Nelson got out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the board was going to fire Manning about what has occurred this season, it would have happened already.

I believe he's on his last chance - the next manager & what they & JH do in response to this mess.

&

that is not going to be judgeable until about a year from now.

I agree

But

You said the same about bob Bradley

There's always a chance...

Season ticket renewal time in his first major test. Alot of his lies may come crumbling down around then and bottom line is something MLSE does care about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He took control of a team that just missed Supporters shield to a team that is 1st in wages and a complete joke on the field. MLS crash speed run accomplished!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIUC, this may be one of the protest actions mentioned by TTID's Mike Newell; a banner by one of the SG's that was supposed to be unveiled in the South-End at the TFC Canada Day Match against RSL. I suspect the action was 'complicated' and thwarted by the pre-emptive measures that MLSE instituted the evening prior and they just decided to display it at one of the main ways to the stadium; from the Go Station/Liberty Village.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Look, the deadwatch thread hasn’t failed yet. Don’t jinx this for us.
    The Vanney death watch thread failed because Vanney changed, learned flexible tactics and started to win. That BB was stuck in his tactics and would not start to win was obvious, that death watch thread "worked" and BB is gone.

I agree with Og, this thread is premature, plus we already have a Manning thread.

I don't disagree that Manning should go, but the MLSE board loves the guy after the success with the Argos. We are not going to see a change in club President this season.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-05-2023 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The Vanney death watch thread failed because Vanney changed, learned flexible tactics and started to win. That BB was stuck in his tactics and would not start to win was obvious, that death watch thread "worked" and BB is gone.

I agree with Og, this thread is premature, plus we already have a Manning thread.

I don't disagree that Manning should go, but the MLSE board loves the guy after the success with the Argos. We are not going to see a change in club President this season.
    This thread is overdue. When he goes is a separate matter.

From an MLSE perspective, he’s blown a ridiculous amount of money on a strategy that leaves the club at the bottom of the league. So much so that the board limited his budget. He is on the hot seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any other walk of life apart from politics, gov't and family business, Manning would be already fired long ago.

I shudder to think he is still here and will be involved in the hiring of the next coach and other player personel moves.

At some point, even if we know mlse upper brass has no clue about football...nor do they care about this team...you'd have to think, they look at this clown Manning and say, okay, he is horrible at his job and time to make a change.*

* the thing that scares me is manning's press conference when he said just becasue we are where we are now (highest payroll in the league, 3 year ina row to miss the playoffs, a laughingstock in the league ) doesn't mean he is "bad" at his job. I bet he peddled that crap to mlse and that's how he stays. They buy his bs. He is the consumate snake oil salesman of the old wild west...scams from one town to the next.

Please get rid of him. We are in a death spiral. I literally can't give my tickets away for free to family and friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...mlse-1.6896953

This is why I'm shocked manning hasn't been, or won't be, fired. This is the level of penny pinching MLSE (and Bell and Rogers) are known for. It shocks me that this organization of all organizations has seen someone flush their money into a black hole over and over and over again and still give him the chequebook. Even if we were winning with the amount of buyouts and other wasteful transactions he'd be in trouble so it blows my mind they let him get where he is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but to those who are pissed off and want Manning out - what are you doing about it?

Are the folks on here with full/half season tickets voicing any of this to their reps?

Are you still showing up to games at BMO?

Are you simply whining on an online message board yelling into the abyss hoping someone will listen and fire Manning?

Genuinely curious, and maybe this is better suited for Ogs other thread. It took a while, but LAG supporters stuck to their guns and were able to force along the removal of Chris Klein. It can happen here too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The Vanney death watch thread failed because Vanney changed, learned flexible tactics and started to win.
    Hey, gone is gone, one way or another. Don’t mess with the voodoo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but to those who are pissed off and want Manning out - what are you doing about it?

Are the folks on here with full/half season tickets voicing any of this to their reps?

Are you simply whining on an online message board yelling into the abyss hoping someone will listen and fire Manning?

Genuinely curious, and maybe this is better suited for Ogs other thread. It took a while, but LAG supporters stuck to their guns and were able to force along the removal of Chris Klein. It can happen here too.
    I have voiced my outrage to my rep..yes. Not that it does anything though.

I have not been going to them all recently (don't want to give penny more to mlse for drinks/food/parking and trying to give tickets away. Admittedly, since I already sunk the money into the tickets, if we played in July/August on weekends in the afternoon I'd go...even if we blow. But night games midweek or Saturday now, for this mess, no way.

This is a message board, are we not allowed to opine? You call it whigning, I call it opining/venting...)

Ps for the fans who bought tickets this Saturday, no Insigne, no Fede...this will be horrible to watch...will we get no shots on target again like last night?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and he didn't want to hear it.

No, not for a month or so and have no plans to until something is done.

I am also yelling into into the abyss for change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

This is a message board, are we not allowed to opine? You call it whigning, I call it opining/venting...)
    Yeah nothing wrong with that at all, my point is more that I suspect there is a majority of folks doing only that and expecting meaningful change.

I myself don't have season tickets ever since moving north of the city so I don't have that leg to stand on. Really wondering what I can do because I feel lame hiding behind a keyboard. I'd be willing to travel down to the city for some sort of protest outside of BMO on gameday or something like that.

Moreso keeping an ear out for how other folks are voicing their displeasure and if there might be any concentrated group effort to be heard. I think we need to be real loud about demanding change.