Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    great shout out on Perez...he'd be excellent. Dunfield is waaaaay in over his head....should be gone asap as well.

This season is spiraling into a farce.

Perez had the cojones to bench MB and realized long before almost anyone that MB was done...and for that I always thought highly of him...he was on an interim basis...no doubt wanted to get a full time gig and knew the repurcussions behind the scenes of not starting MB but he nevertheless did what he felt was best for the team and did it.

Dunfield has a deer in the headlights look...totally just a nice guy, but no business leading us. 4 games was enough but this is getting to be ridiculous. And starting MB last light after 3 months off also to me shows he just doesn't have what it takes to bne a manager here..he's scared to make the big decisions and it leads to the players not respect him just like the players didn't like/respect Bob either.

No clue who Montreal's coach is, but he beat us again with far less than what we have. Put him on our bench, and we beat Montreal easily all the time.

montreal's coach is actually good.

a bielsa- inspired coach who has worked in belgium and has incredibly high standards for fitness and work ethic.

they should have beaten us by 2 or 3 more yesterday.

half our team was barely even trying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a guy like Manning who puts PR and ticket sales above all else, he really dropped the ball on the Dunfield appointment.

Beyond the fact that he should have had a few candidiates lined up by May since everything was going sideways in April, hiring a guy like Dunfield with no proper experience was another vastly stupid move in his catalog of vastly stupid moves. Another fireable offense to add to his growing list.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-21-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    For a guy like Manning who puts PR and ticket sales above all else, he really dropped the ball on the Dunfield appointment.

Beyond the fact that he should have had a few candidates lined up by May since everything was going sideways in April, hiring a guy like Dunfield with no proper experience was another vastly stupid move in his catalog of vastly stupid moves. Another fireable offense to add to his growing list.
    Their unwillingness to look at anyone who costs a penny is making me think they a) don't have the board budget approval to spend a bunch and b) Want a more malleable manager who will take some direction.

I'm not sure either of those is a good thing.

I don't think they need to get an expensive manager. But the current list is incredibly underwhelming.

Perhaps they've learned from the past silo'ing and are taking public mood somewhat into account. If so, they won't necessarily just appoint one of these guys, they'll float the names out there to see what expectations are.

That might be why we just got that shortlist.

The conventional wisdom is that roster makeup is behind most of a team's success or woes, and the manager is just the influence that gets more or less out of them. So they may feel matching public expectations is smarter than basing it solely on analytics, because they know they need to keep rebuilding the roster anyhow.

We might get another leak in the next couple of weeks, of two or three names, and it'll be same deal: talking to, rumoured to be, etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who on the board actually knows who would be a good manager, I could see them wanting herdman just cause he is the only name the recognize

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

We might get another leak in the next couple of weeks, of two or three names, and it'll be same deal: talking to, rumoured to be, etc etc.
    Brennan, Caldwell, & Martin Nash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyond the fact that he should have had a few candidiates lined up by May since everything was going sideways in April, hiring a guy like Dunfield with no proper experience was another vastly stupid move in his catalog of vastly stupid moves. Another fireable offense to add to his growing list.
    I agree. A GM with no experience and an interim with even less experience and no talent. Sounds either like no perspective/objectivity or no brains, or Manning is on such a short leash he has no more money to spend. I suspect the later… but why he’s kept around at all is beyond me. I guess MLSE doesn’t care much about TFC at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I agree. A GM with no experience and an interim with even less experience and no talent. Sounds either like no perspective/objectivity or no brains, or Manning is on such a short leash he has no more money to spend. I suspect the later… but why he’s kept around at all is beyond me. I guess MLSE doesn’t care much about TFC at the moment.
    I think Hernandez got his gig solely based on him being the voice of dissent against the previous failed regime. Not a good reason to get the job but a very TFC kind of way to back into one.

Dunfield was just laziness as usual. He was there, people knew him from commentating, he's likeable, he is the opposite of Bob. He checks all the boxes except for things like skill, experience, tactics, man management, etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    There was a discussion when Bobs was turned into a deathwatch, he finally got fired!!
    I continue to hope….Fire Manning. 0-3 against Montreal this year. Outscored 7-3, has that ever happened? This on its own is a fire able offence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I continue to hope….Fire Manning. 0-3 against Montreal this year. Outscored 7-3, has that ever happened? This on its own is a fire able offence.
    I couldn't believe when they mentioned on the broadcast that we haven't beat Montreal since Sept 9, 2020 in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I couldn't believe when they mentioned on the broadcast that we haven't beat Montreal since Sept 9, 2020 in MLS

killed the grass for argos
    killed derby
    killed supporters spirit
    killed supporters bank account
    killed supporters patience
    killed supporters believe in management

highlight? manning has shown the world how bad he is- at this point its time to go further up then manning - i want results asap.

i want movement asap, this feels like old boys nhl hockey club- by the time 2026 rolls around- TFC most likely will be a joke and no one who is on world cup roster would want to play here.

Some how-manning went from signing big star italiano, convincing his best friend and berna this will be a project leading up to the world cup- lol and poof all gone.

the biggest red flag should have been when Insigne's bestie- "retired" to go play back in italy - if the truth came out how he didnt enjoy the team, lack of quality or didnt believe this team had what i takes to win instead of oh ya he retired- trying to sweet it up under the rug.
    SMH

for the love of all good in this world- let this man go asap, clean house, get rid of everyone at this point. im so numb to this team now its starting to question my passion for the game- only have bill manning to blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my source has gone quiet. I suspect they've either decided I'm just using them for gossip (not true, I actually enjoyed the chats, but hey...) or they've decided or been told it's imprudent to keep telling me stuff.

Or possibly they're silent because some changes are coming. That might be in the wind. A few of you have mentioned to me the possibility that the board has already told Manning and Hernandez that they're going to shift pieces, at the best. I think you might be right.

It sort of makes sense right now. They may also have looked at the coaching search and felt it could go wrong for the same reasons as others recently, a focus on the wrong elements of the potential candidates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It sort of makes sense right now. They may also have looked at the coaching search and felt it could go wrong for the same reasons as others recently, a focus on the wrong elements of the potential candidates.
    If there's one thing we can safely say about Bill it's that he isn't one to ever learn from his past mistakes. Herdman even being considered continues that trend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's one thing we can safely say about Bill it's that he isn't one to ever learn from his past mistakes. Herdman even being considered continues that trend.

could this not be applied to all of us here an the rest of the supporters - you know what i realized last night from 2020 until 2023 I have paid over 20% increase for a worse on field product/performance comparing to 2017/2018 ( since ive had seasons)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also fyi- my rep and the retention manager emailed me again and reduce the last payment i didnt pay from $350 down to $174 i guess considering the game we didnt get to play.

I want to basically tell them -if bill manning is apart of TFC in any capacity - I have no interest at all- I also want to say in an elegant way- ive paid 20% increase year over year at premium to watch TFC II or worse - i paid premium pricing/concession for a non-professional soccer team.

WTF- please fire bill asap.

The worst part is- they are advertising to meet MLSE executives for $75/ticket which includes bill manning- which mean to me he isnt going any where and his power isnt stripped unless he is a figure head which we all know with his ego and his mls cups finals and all the "success" he claimed as his own.

every day this guy is still here- i lose a piece of faith in TFC and feel like supporting even less ( i know always should support- but how can we in good conscience with his unqualified butt still fumbling and bumbling the club we all want to support with a decent product on the field)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    The worst part is- they are advertising to meet MLSE executives for $75/ticket which includes bill manning-
    That might be an opportunity for the Supporter Groups to pay for tickets, then hijack the meet and greet to express grievances in front of the MLSE board. Get the ear of the media for this so they are in attendance as well and it could be enough of a PR embarrassment for them that they actually do something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely.

Not only that, but he is completely unable through his ego or ability, or his staff- to root cause out the deficiency’s in the club and be aggressive at finding the right people to fill those knowledge gaps.

St Louis had no idea what it takes to make a winning organization. They go and hire Lutz pfannensteil. Philly- Ernst Tanner. Now Austin - with Rodolfo Borrell from Man City.

At any time here since he took over, manning could have created a VP sporting director role and technical director VP/Manager - and gone on a very aggressive push to land someone of that pedigree - to transform all the operations. Then he could sit back in his cushy gig and monitor TFC and Argos. Sporting role would cover all day to day operations, technical role ensuring we are only bringing in the highest caliber of players and staff/ and contract management. Along with sporting director and an academy manager, they’d ensure there’s proper youth development programs in our system and an effective pipeline. And fill those roles with pedigree like tanner, or Borrell

Instead … after being handed a winning club by bez/leiweke - he made two Rolodex network hires who wanted absolute control and were either green or unproven in those roles they were handed and ended up being in way over their heads on all the things they should have been doing.

Now he’s worried he’s been too hands off - gets closer to the club, and hires an in house GM plus maybe a coach - who just like our past few choices are guys not tested or have minimal CV in the roles they want- and are expected to fumble through all the lessons learned and best practices.

It’s so dense, it’s painful. Knowing how he approaches problems like this is precisely why it’s hard to shake this apathy/and jaded view around all things at our club lol - even when new guys come in
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 08-24-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Conway vs. Manning deadpool will be running a lot longer.

I'm not sure who to put my $$$ on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That might be an opportunity for the Supporter Groups to pay for tickets, then hijack the meet and greet to express grievances in front of the MLSE board. Get the ear of the media for this so they are in attendance as well and it could be enough of a PR embarrassment for them that they actually do something.

FYI- this is taking places before philly match -august 30th @5.30 PM. tickets are $79.99 and include entrance to game after (maybe it makes sense to sell season seats, purchase this and get free cne and chance to yell at manning)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maple-l...s-667563268707

initially they had bill manning instead of alejandra rueda (director of medial relations for TFC) this lady i have no idea what she has done but media relation have been crap- and im not sure if this the person jloome mentioned who has some connection to football in another country.

anyone planning on attending?

EVENT TIMELINE:

• 5:00 PM - Panel Discussion Begins
    • 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM - Q&A + Networking Portion of the event
    • Once the event concludes, you can head to your seat to watch the Toronto FC take on the Philadelphia Union.
    • 6:30PM - Gates Open
    • 7:30PM - Toronto FC vs. Philadelphia Union

The Who's Who of Toronto Sports Executives - Executives scheduled to attend:
    Nick Eaves – Chief Venues and Operations Officer (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment)
    Buffy Filippell - Founder (TeamWork Online)
    Alejandra Rueda – Director of Media Relations (Toronto FC)
    Jason Hernandez – General Manager (Toronto FC)
    Scott MacIntosh – Head of Sports and Entertainment (Compass Data)
    Matthew Black – Director, Performance and Player Relation (Toronto Argonauts) & Argos Alumni
    Bill Manning - President (Toronto Argonauts & Toronto FC) <---------------------------------------------------------------------
    TICKETS - How do I get them? Where are the seats? All attendees are provided a ticket to the Toronto FC vs. Philadelphia Union game following the event. Tickets will be given to each attendee at registration, prior to the beginning of the event. Seats will be standing room only.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Conway vs. Manning deadpool will be running a lot longer.

I'm not sure who to put my $$$ on.
    Always Conway in my books.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in the early years there would be a free town hall.

It’s 2023 and Manning only shows his face for paid appearances. I can’t give this club any more of my money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rep emailed me copied retention manager said credit was issued for 1 game.

then wanted to discuss with me- i basically said - if yall are gonna pretend to listen and no change will happen- im not interested to go back and forth- if you would like to meet in person to discuss or prove me to my views before even discussing renewing im all for it.

of course- the rep is out of office until the day before the game.

ask for payment and go on vacation- this rep is the worst ive had since 2018.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're all shit now. Yet another facet of TFC/MLSE gone down the drain during Bill's reign of ineptitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will light a candle at Mass this morning that MLSE fires Manning this afternoon.

We have turned into a complete laughinstock under Manning. Last place in the league now. Record losses ina row. Have not won away for over 1 year (Charlotte last Aug). And what, a 13 game winless streak....despite the highest payroll in the league.

Fire Manning for the love of all that is holy and good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rep emailed me copied retention manager said credit was issued for 1 game.

then wanted to discuss with me- i basically said - if yall are gonna pretend to listen and no change will happen- im not interested to go back and forth- if you would like to meet in person to discuss or prove me to my views before even discussing renewing im all for it.

of course- the rep is out of office until the day before the game.

Who is your Rep? Is it Jordan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just hit me another brilliant move Manning made this year.
    Making Terry Dunfield the manager
    He was already in the payroll so you don’t have to pay a new manager
    What a brilliant cost cutting, profit maximizing guy BM has turned out to be. Who knew??
    This guy makes Harold Ballard look like a spendthrift and no one is none the wiser
    Everyone just thinks he is incompetent
    Absolute genius businessman
    Last edited by stevep; 08-27-2023 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumping this thread as i believe it should be at the top of the page ahead of coach speculation and should have the most responses.

coaching wont make the change we all desire.

please fire or remove bill manning from all TFC related business decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post

no man my rep now who i was given after they fired a lady who did so well for me(this was during the cost saving covid pandemic time)

Tyler is his name- seems like super young- when i responded to his email regarding last payment, i vented my frustrations- all he did was copy and paste the exact same email to my response. Alexander is the Retentions manager.

Before Tyler it was Marlee who was pretty good- I believe I even spoke to her manager explaining they shouldnt let her go based on her good work ( i assume they let all the experienced reps go and hired new inexperienced reps at a lower salary)

Before her was another lady who got me Final tickets to 2017 and then got me an additional 2 tickets(before I became a season ticket holder)

The lady prior at least bought me a beer once, and got me extra scarves or promotional ones from the st paddy day game a couple seasons ago.

the quality of service is a reflection of the top down management.

I could also say the quality of the pitch also is a reflection of management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the quality of service is a reflection of the top down management.

I could also say the quality of the pitch also is a reflection of management.
    This is what kills me. Not only is TFC clearly a mess on the field but it is a disaster off it as well. I think about stuff like this and the incident with Mtl this year, Manning is failing at all aspects of his job with maybe the only exception being the results for the argos.

Maybe giving two DP’s all our money and skimping everywhere else wasn’t the best idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Maybe giving two DP’s all our money and skimping everywhere else wasn’t the best idea.
    They've been letting the fan experience side slide since 2019 though. It just gets worse and worse every year and I don't see anything to show that they care about their current customers. Afterall they have massive waiting list for season tickets they keep advertising so I guess they're all good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is what kills me. Not only is TFC clearly a mess on the field but it is a disaster off it as well. I think about stuff like this and the incident with Mtl this year, Manning is failing at all aspects of his job with maybe the only exception being the results for the argos.

sadly this wasn't even the case.

hedges, rosted, petretta all signed on decently big money, oso 1.4 M, laryea was on 1.2.

just horrible 1) medical team meaning the best players never played together

2) squad balance- 2 DP wingers who like to create but not one good striker