Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the tsn broadcast, they're explaining how bernesdeschi had moved to the no. 10 role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando have a rookie with 7 goals, wtf do TFC have, nothing, we just aren't good enough to play at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I'd say to trade Ayo, but no one is touching that contract.
    We have so many bad contracts on the books, we might have to wait until after WC 26 to win again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://i.imgur.com/66RNPrE.jpeg
    I went back and watched the first goal again, I understand why Petretta went forward instead of covering the backpost. It does not look like Kaye is in a good position to defend anyone. He's caught in no mans land. He should either be closer to the guy between him and Petretta or marking #10. He's just floating. Still Petretta needed to be aware that the attacker at the back post was unmarked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Still needs to shield it to him just in case. Not just watch and wait
    Yeh, these guys play like "well of course that guy is going to do this so why should I ensure it just works out?" i.e. lazy and lacking in responsibility as if covering for that would be seen to be showing off or worrying too much. Well we ain't winning so maybe its time ensure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more we lose and the more our morale gets blown to bits and the lack of quality we have in relation to our total salary... Curious what kind of manager is gonna want to come here and pick this project up. No wonder Manning is looking for someone who's new and just wants to break into the league. Do we really thing we could convince a legit manager to come in here and restart the club with the current dynamics... without paying an absolute dump truck worth of cash? We're so imbalanced all over the park and shallow in depth with injury issues its crazy. To me it would be career suicide for any legit promising manager to come in here and try to work with these constraints no?

edit* I know this is our B squad with a lot of gold cup and injuries but still think the point stands

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^well we should get a few good super draft picks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that bugs me is except for Coello, the mids can't make a forward pass.

And Rajitsingh at age 29 is just not good enough at this level - I do not understand why he is playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Not gonna happen my friend!

You gonna say this ten and ten and ten and ten and ten and ten more times before it's gonna happen.

To be fair, the same thing was said here about Bradley and not long ago at all

You're probably right, but you never know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will take a big long term contract for someone want to take on this mess. A guaranteed deal.

We have holes all over the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One thing that bugs me is except for Coello, the mids can't make a forward pass.

And Rajitsingh at age 29 is just not good enough at this level - I do not understand why he is playing.
    He got a deal because between his MLS pool duties he was USL keeper of the year for a year. But he's barely seen the field in two years; even if he once had passable skills for MLS level, he's not going to keep them if he's not playing at all.

Basically, he wasn't a bad swing at a backup. But then to sign another guy and use that other guy in practise, and consign Ranjitsingh to playing with the kids, basically fucked any chance of him having even a backup career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/66RNPrE.jpeg
    I went back and watched the first goal again, I understand why Petretta went forward instead of covering the backpost. It does not look like Kaye is in a good position to defend anyone. He's caught in no mans land. He should either be closer to the guy between him and Petretta or marking #10. He's just floating. Still Petretta needed to be aware that the attacker at the back post was unmarked.
    Exactly what I saw too. Not saying he’s entirely blameless but he was left in a tough spot with a split second to think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando is just in a different league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s probably 28 teams in that different league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Manning is even watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    There’s probably 28 teams in that different league
    We'll see who gets promoted between us and Inter Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is, with the current state of our roster.

We're missing, realistically, four starters and we're already a poorly constructed roster to begin with.

Achh, for the third or fourth time Coello dodges two guys, lays a ball off to Servania... who promptly plays it back to him badly wide, forcing him to foul to stop a breakaway.

Bob had terrible talent judgment. He likes guys who are fast and athletic but most of our domestic players -- particularly Akinola, Servania and Kaye -- have terrible, terrible fundamentals. Can't trap cleanly, can't pass short and safe, can't read the available space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando looks like prime Real Madrid vs my Friday night beer league team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Everyone is, with the current state of our roster.

We're missing, realistically, four starters and we're already a poorly constructed roster to begin with.

Achh, for the third or fourth time Coello dodges two guys, lays a ball off to Servania... who promptly plays it back to him badly wide, forcing him to foul to stop a breakaway.

Bob had terrible talent judgment. He likes guys who are fast and athletic but most of our domestic players -- particularly Akinola, Servania and Kaye -- have terrible, terrible fundamentals. Can't trap cleanly, can't pass short and safe, can't read the available space.
    Kaye’s first touch has always been terrible. There was a brief moment in his career where he was good progressively passing though the midfield third and crashing the box for the odd goal but that now seems to be a distant memory.

Coello’s passing has been great. He doesn’t panic and take easy options. Makes the defense shift around a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competent versus incompetent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind me again all we allowed bb to give up to get his other son Kaye here? We got totally fleeced.

Kaye sorry to say is brutal. Tfc2 level at most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Kaye’s first touch has always been terrible. There was a brief moment in his career where he was good progressively passing though the midfield third and crashing the box for the odd goal but that now seems to be a distant memory.

Coello’s passing has been great. He doesn’t panic and take easy options. Makes the defense shift around a lot.
    So Kaye should not be on the field for TFC, Is he not supposed to be the experienced leader, I do not see it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Competent versus incompetent.

To be fair...most of these guys with the exception of Bernadeschi should not be playing the amount of games & minutes they are playing - there comes a time when recovery has to occur and these guys have not been given it - and the heat ain't gonna help.

e.g. as much as I rag on him, I think Servania, in a spot starter / sub situation could learn a lot, especially if given training via game film & shown responsibility and modelled that by his fellow mids. He ain't getting that playing this much.

Bob was crap at subs. But almost every team has 5 "nailed on starters" and the rest are in and out depending on form & fitness & recovery. Bob went with 11 guys nailed on and that is just bad roster construction.

Dunseth is way better then I remember - he's got our situation down to a t & he's all but said BB was incompetent & BM hasn't been much better.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-04-2023 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Not to pile on the hate for the guy, but not only his first touch- but his agility on his toes, and the overall positioning to receive a pass. Feels like anytime he receives a ball (even after shouting to have it) it looks like he's just received a heavy heavy pass caught between his feet and he's gotta fish it out and control it before he can even do anything with it. It looks like he's never ready or in the right spot to receive a ball let alone turn and make the pass or touch. Maybe that's what you meant too tho. Crazy he's the leader on the midfield and he looks opposite of calm and ready
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 07-04-2023 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    Not to pile on the hate for the guy, but not only his first touch- but his agility on his toes, and the overall positioning to receive a pass. Feels like anytime he receives a ball (even after shouting to have it) it looks like he's just received a heavy heavy pass caught between his feet and he's gotta fish it out and control it before he can even do anything with it. Maybe that's what you meant too tho. Crazy he's the leader on the midfield and he looks opposite of calm and ready
    Yeah, he's truly bad at receiving and turning. In the last game, when he turned to find space to pass to the goalie.... and turned inside... man, that was dumb.

He frequently traps late and tries to use his sole instead of his instep, juggles it, or trips over it.

The only times he's ever looked competent have been when we've had most of our starters and had a rare game in ascendency, like Charlotte last season.

He does hit the odd sweet long pass, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dunseth is way better then I remember - he's got our situation down to a t & he's all but said BB was incompetent & BM hasn't been much better.
    Yeah, he's been solid. First American commentator other than Conrad/Pierce to say Bob out-and-out failed and also to say Bernardeschi wasn't wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XG of 0.05 must be getting to some sort of record?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus is on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry thinks just because he coached a couple of these guys they are gonna change the game. Coello and Mabika out too is laughable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids get to try and turn it around. Isn't this basically capitulation? I mean... we have no chance of coming back, the way we're playing so I guess, but....

Coello and Mabika were two of our only competent players. Why is he taking them out? Prevent injury?

Edit: Actually, Coello makes sense if it's for match fitness, as this is his first start in two months. But Mabika?