Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

'Fraid our first overall super draft pick, which you will notice is never mentioned by anyone in management, must be a goner, as part of these calculations- given the price was the third overall pick to “buy a buyout” on the much-less-expensive Dom Dwyer a couple of years ago.
    Let’s hope not. And man, Dwyer was expensive as all hell in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Not if he’s crocked. I think Herdman is being diplomatic, prudent, respectful. For the moment he’s on the team and he is a veteran who has won. It’s not good form to piss off your players unnecessarily.
    It's the smart move. Diomande is a good striker at MLS level, he's just old and injury prone to the point of being a poor signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, let’s call a spade a spade here. Bradley needs to move on. If he comes back to TFC one day so be it but for now it’s time for a break.

ENSCO’s said it perfectly. He’s got nothing left in the tank and from a leadership perspective he’s a complicated person to have around because of the dynamics with Bob.
    I hope Hermann is just being nice but has seen how horrendous bradley has been and litewrally has NO BUSINESS being on the field at all.

His "leadership" has led us to a disasterous 3 years....behind the scenes major issues because of him and his dad....etc....

How he is still playing let alone wearing the arm band is mind boggling. I almost think he has a clause that says if available, he must start as he never doesn't.

The only manager with any cojones to not start him was Perez and that was the end of him.

Herdmann can't be serious if he wants bradley around. He is done and cannot be around this team anymore. Pay him out and out he goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    He is the captain so he does have a purpose, having played 10 seasons here, where his two children have grown up and the youngest was born. Toronto is where he has lived the longest in his entire life, it is not like he was jetting off somewhere else once the season ended. The big thing will be how much of this roster turns over and where the new pieces fit in thus deciding exactly what Michael's role will be.
    This. He must see the writing on the wall, but at the same time he must be thinking: Does he really want to uproot his family and move somewhere else now that his career is done? Considering the past paycuts he's taken to help the team I could see him retiring this year and TFC keeping him on as either a goodwill ambassador or moving him somewhere in MLSE away from the field-level operations for a year (I'm not sure it would be wise to even keep him on as an Academy coach, as there would be too many interactions with the first team).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    This. He must see the writing on the wall, but at the same time he must be thinking: Does he really want to uproot his family and move somewhere else now that his career is done? Considering the past paycuts he's taken to help the team I could see him retiring this year and TFC keeping him on as either a goodwill ambassador or moving him somewhere in MLSE away from the field-level operations for a year (I'm not sure it would be wise to even keep him on as an Academy coach, as there would be too many interactions with the first team).
    It must be tough to say the least. You’re the captain, as devoted to a club as anyone can be and certain to retire a legend. Your father, who you’re very close to, who on a fundamental level taught you how to play football, takes over, wreaks havoc, crashes and burns while at the same time having got more of out you on the field than others have in the past few years…. That’s not even factoring in the major injury.

It’s not the usual ‘should I stay or should I go’ football situation/dilemma.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE]

More importantly, I wonder if Herdman has had the same talk with Manning about maybe it is time to leave Bill Manning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... Conte may have an affinity for Toronto. Although he believes he's young enough to continue proving himself in Europe, Napoli next?, maybe on the TFC list if not already engaged should Herdman not work out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... at least we know the coaching was important, and it wasn't just the lineup.

Good grief, that was a sad exhibition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Well... at least we know the coaching was important, and it wasn't just the lineup.

Good grief, that was a sad exhibition.
    I thought they moved the ball quite well at times but really didn’t make the most of it when settling into the final third.

The most inexcusable part was the defensive organization and tactics in the second half. We were up two goals on aggregate and just threw it away. And then we squandered the lead again in no time. We should have kept compact and hit them on the counter. They dispossessed our midfielders twice in awkward positions and steamed right in. Too many players charging forward wjen the situation didn’t call for it.

Leaving that aside, Kaye and Osorio should really not be the first subs out. They need to pivot to players like Saliba and Choinière who are younger and have more upside (as much as it kills me to say it). And to be frank, both were far superior in MLS play this year to Kaye / Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not appreciating the Herdman nor Biello appointment selections, and given ‘our’ circumstances, have been having ‘El Loco - Bielsa Ball’ performance sweats lately/these past few months at what could/should have been with TFC, or even the CMNT, if only his pursuit was given the timely consideration it deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Not appreciating the Herdman nor Biello appointment selections, and given ‘our’ circumstances, have been having ‘El Loco - Bielsa Ball’ performance sweats lately/these past few months at what could/should have been with TFC, or even the CMNT, if only his pursuit was given the timely consideration it deserved.
    I’m very okay with Herdman and his staff at TFC. The problem bigger than if he’s the right one for the gig is that he’s taken over a squad that doesn’t suit his style or favoured formation (including the most recent acquisitions by his new GM). That problem is everywhere in almost every position.

Actually, interestingly, the same could be said about the Italians and Bob Bradley but it’s more extreme now because Herdman won’t be looking for width from wingers.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to set up a dedicated thread for John.
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...73#post1999673