Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    They are paid by Media Pro a Spanish company. They have no affiliation with the CSA and CSB other than that their employers bought the rights to broadcast the cpl and Canada matches.
    They do not have jobs without CSB

It’s propaganda

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They do not have jobs without CSB

It’s propaganda

I would say that having a job for the broadcaster of a league does not necessarily mean you provide propoganda.

I think in the case of the OneSoccer dudes, they have reacted to the vitriol for that league's business model with out much journalistic integrity.

I would note that KJ actually works for the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our old coach apparently has a new job.

Last edited by MikeForbes; 09-09-2023 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Apparently, some on Reddit suggesting 'he's already baeck'; it's confirmed? IIUC, Stabaek in relegation zone with 11 matches left? If he is hired, I wonder if any TFC severance to BBradley will be mitigated (saved)?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-09-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Our old coach apparently has a new job.

I’m not about rooting for anyone’s failure but can we engineer a way where he succeeds and Taylor Twellman et al still have to eat crow about him being the greatest manager ever?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m not about rooting for anyone’s failure but can we engineer a way where he succeeds and Taylor Twellman et al still have to eat crow about him being the greatest manager ever?
    Nah, we have to eat this one, hope he does well, then eat the bullshit narratives about it being everyone else's fault when that happens. Just accept it now, dude, you don't have it in your nature to wish ill on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, 2/5ths down scroll, Presentert 17:28mins, of BBradley's Stabaek Club introduction...

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/Xb...g-azar-karadas
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-10-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey John Herdman! Happy first day of work.

So… next shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    Devos new td
    Putting this here because it was posted a couple of days ago but got lost where it was (this is someone who has had scoops before)…

If this is true I will be both
    - unsurprised (I knew Herdman couldn’t be coming alone, and suspected someone from the CMNT setup was coming with him (my speculation was Atiba)
    - shocked (I mean, deVos has no real experience - at all - is part of the CSA/CSB mess, and is far from a “fresh face”

If this is true… I kind of can’t imagine a worse hire. For some reasons I won’t get into unless it happens. I think it would cause me to take a big, further step away.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-01-2023 at 06:17 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deVos didn’t have anything to do with the the CSA side of the CSB until a few months ago when he became interim GS. At the CSA he was the Director of Development (coach education and community club if I remember correctly) for 8 years and before that he was the TD at one of the biggest youth clubs in Ontario (Oakville SC). He’s worked with Herdman as an assistant coach and I believe has a UEFA Pro licence. To me, he has loads of experience.

To get an idea of his philosophies and what he was involved in at the CSA check out the podcast he did during covid.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...t/id1510039336

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^He hasn’t changed anything about how the CSA operates since he arrived, which makes him, some people may not like this, part of the problem. Nobody has any better visibility on the CSB deal since he arrived.

His resume since playing is being TD of Oakville Soccer Club and doing games on TV intermittently.

I don’t see how this could possibly be true… and yet, I believe it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I’m fairly anti DeVos. He’s always struck me as a complainer, especially with respect to Canadians not getting managerial opportunities. But as pointed out above, what has he done to deserve such appointments? While others have tried to climb the ladder starting as assistants or managers of clubs further down the pyramid, he’s basically sat back and gotten little in the way of applicable experience. The CSA gig is undeserved too in my opinion.

So in summary, if this is true, we have:

A coach with no prior club experience (although this one I can wrap my head around).

A GM with no prior experience in his role.

A TD with no prior managerial experience of any kind with a professional club.

Doesn’t exactly feel like it’s laying the foundation for future success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I’m fairly anti DeVos. He’s always struck me as a complainer, especially with respect to Canadians not getting managerial opportunities. But as pointed out above, what has he done to deserve such appointments? While others have tried to climb the ladder starting as assistants or managers of clubs further down the pyramid, he’s basically sat back and gotten little in the way of applicable experience. The CSA gig is undeserved too in my opinion.

A coach with no prior club experience (although this one I can wrap my head around).

Is it ideal? No. But they've already demonstrated they're going to "double down" on Canadian content, possibly because they think it will address anti-Americanism caused by having an American front office and Bob.

I hope that's not WHY we're taking this direction, but just something they see as value added.

They're not going to do what we want, which is to hire a Tata-like legendary "always wins" manager (Gallardo has been available for months) or a top-notch technical crew.

Instead, they're going to swing for the fences on pitch six, because MLSE has shown it can be wowed by "uncovering" management talent.

That doesn't, however, mean it won't work.

I respect Devos' intelligence and drive. I don't think he's politically strong, which is why the CSA isn't ever going to work under him, but he's a strong motivator and character -- or was as Canada's captain, for many years -- and he has a decade of youth technical work.

But yeah... the entire approach is risky. It's going to be an interesting off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect the Insigne situation is/has come to a head, and they don't want Herdman anywhere near the club until he's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot to add:

A club president who inherited arguably the greatest team in MLS history and turned it into a laughing stock.

A board of directors made up of telecom executives who are clueless on how to oversee a sports management company.

The first three are unproven. Who knows they may turn-out to be okay. The latter two however have demonstrated that they are useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Is it ideal? No. But they've already demonstrated they're going to "double down" on Canadian content, possibly because they think it will address anti-Americanism caused by having an American front office and Bob.

I hope that's not WHY we're taking this direction, but just something they see as value added.

They're not going to do what we want, which is to hire a Tata-like legendary "always wins" manager (Gallardo has been available for months) or a top-notch technical crew.

Instead, they're going to swing for the fences on pitch six, because MLSE has shown it can be wowed by "uncovering" management talent.

That doesn't, however, mean it won't work.

I respect Devos' intelligence and drive. I don't think he's politically strong, which is why the CSA isn't ever going to work under him, but he's a strong motivator and character -- or was as Canada's captain, for many years -- and he has a decade of youth technical work.

But yeah... the entire approach is risky. It's going to be an interesting off-season.
    Don’t like it. Put winning first. Hire people with a track record of success, fire people who fail on time, run the first team appropriately, fix the academy. You will succeed and as a byproduct have Canadian content.

Too many misplaced agendas coming from the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman now only coaching the last game, he and his staff will act as observers for the next week. This is the stupidest managerial appointment process ever ever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Herdman now only coaching the last game, he and his staff will act as observers for the next week. This is the stupidest managerial appointment process ever ever.

Only can be called stupid if we know all the variables.

We don't.

And, also, I don't trust a whole of lot of people currently feeding us information to be unbiased or being used by unbiased people. A lot of agendas being sought out here and the truth is probably a lot more mixed then we think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is stupid in the sense that manager changes take place all the time in football, and the new one either takes over the next day or after a period with an interim manager. Somehow TFC has to have a unique process where the interim is one of the candidates despite not having experience, we go with a candidate also with no experience, coming from an equally dysfunctional set up, set a date for the change over and announce that the interim will be an assistant. The change over date comes but the special genius we selected will now not take over but have an observational period-because no one is going to act different knowing the new guy is watching. This is dysfunctional from the start. Li is openly fighting with fans at the stadium-not a good look regardless of who started it or said what and we get articles about the new gaffer wanting to observe so he can figure out how to motivate the guy. Maybe take charge and lay out some expectations and demand some professionalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It isn't completely unheard of. Chelsea had basically agreed to terms with Pochettino with 3 or 4 games left last season. They decided to not have him take over until the following season. His situation was slightly different since they didnt formally announce him until after the season, but for all intents and purposes he was signed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding Rob Gale will be joining TFC in some sort of role, not sure if its as a first team assistant or something else. He has been a head coach of various age groups for Canada and a head coach in the CPL with Valour. Looking at his background I would not completely be surprised if it were to be an Academy role either.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    From my understanding Rob Gale will be joining TFC in some sort of role, not sure if it’s as a first team assistant or something else. He has been a head coach of various age groups for Canada and a head coach in the CPL with Valour. Looking at his background I would not completely be surprised if it were to be an Academy role either.
    Makes sense as academy guy, if Terry is working with Herdman. Star story says he’s bringing the entire national team staff other than Nick Dasovic.

New guys for goalkeeping, medical, player relations and training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously JM? If there's anyone on the coaching staff that should be rotated out, it's Conway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad, thought I read/heard it was Rob Gayle when it was actually Robyn Gayle , confabs the two lol.

Makes sense as academy guy, if Terry is working with Herdman. Star story says he’s bringing the entire national team staff other than Nick Dasovic.

New guys for goalkeeping, medical, player relations and training.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Molinaro saying Dunfield in charge for the next 2 matches which tells me either they don't want Herdman to come out for 3 straight, possibly ugly losses or he was hired for 2024 and they just strung this October 1st thing out there because it coincided with the renewal period. Probably a bit of both is my guess.

No matter what Manning's going to Manning until the franchise is dead and buried.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Seriously JM? If there's anyone on the coaching staff that should be rotated out, it's Conway.
    That's pretty much a confirmation to me that John was getting fed information by Conway.
    &
    adds to the information related to rumours & OneSoccer's recent antagonistic approach to covering certain TFC individuals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's pretty much a confirmation to me that John was getting fed information by Conway.
    &
    adds to the information related to rumours & OneSoccer's recent antagonistic approach to covering certain TFC individuals.
    Also my first thought.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe Conway is gone.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

&
    Hi Og; Can you give us an example or two regarding this antagonistic approach? I haven't been watching OneSoccer lately. Cheers Adrian

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

&
    Also my first thought.

Never saw it get reported , nut surprising at all, but Conway has not been with th club for a while, David Monsalve has been working in the GK coach role for the at least the last few games. He was the only member of the first team that did not follow Vanney to LA, not sure what that means, but then again his roots are here considering his wife's broadcast career. Man does TFC coverage really suffer when neither of the two dailies have a beat writer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Hi Og; Can you give us an example or two regarding this antagonistic approach? I haven't been watching OneSoccer lately. Cheers Adrian
    e.g. Last week bit about how Herdman not actually coaching until after this week is a sign of massive dysfunction.

Insigne & Berna discussions rather more pointed & disparaging then any other journalists out there.