Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a good sign/start! Terry Dunfield expects supporters to 'bring the noise' while Nick Eaves/MLSE decides to temper emotions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, on a lighter note... For Terry Dunfield's debut in the TFC coach's box along the pitch's touchline, is he wearing an Adidas tracksuit and sneaks, no cap or does he go smart navy suit provided by his mother Sharon < own past reference? >, in white shirt and white sneaks?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't know why but sanctions in that area are usually well earned..it will be quieter but the price for noise can not be idiocy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are we saying for predictions. I say a 1-1 draw. Really can't see us losing off the dead cat bounce.

Also, don't be surprised to see Ayo start. I think Dunfield is gonna shoehorn all the young Canadians into the lineup he can. Unless they have a trade lined up for him when the window opens on Wednesday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-1 loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know why these sanctions are in place ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Does anyone know why these sanctions are in place ?
    Got to be from the scrap & megaphone night. Probably just did their do due diligence and had some face to face meetings first so it didn't blow up like that last time with the fireworks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Severe thunderstorm watch…could be a long night with delays if any lightning/thunder strikes happen near or during game time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Got to be from the scrap & megaphone night. Probably just did their do due diligence and had some face to face meetings first so it didn't blow up like that last time with the fireworks.
    It mentions the June 10th game specifically-agreesive behaviour to mlse staff and extensive damage to seats. There was a guy with a dlsr camera at one match this year in the section can’t recall if it was this one, but he was taking pics of the fans not the game, dressed in civvies but had a mlse lanyard- we though he was taking snaps for marketing but seems like they are trying to enforce the code of conduct now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I've said 1,000 times the sooner they ban the cosplay ultras the better

I'm weirdly wildly confident we're pulling the win here. Let's get that new manager bounce! This is going to be such a fascinating game to analyze. The positioning and performance of the Italians will say so much about what was happening and what we can possibly get too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...data limits on twitter if you don't have a verified account (no, I am not paying $8 a month for that site) probably means some of the information flow pregame, during and post game will be harder to find.

Does anybody know where they announce the lineups apart from twitter?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-01-2023 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    As I've said 1,000 times the sooner they ban the cosplay ultras the better

I'm weirdly wildly confident we're pulling the win here. Let's get that new manager bounce! This is going to be such a fascinating game to analyze. The positioning and performance of the Italians will say so much about what was happening and what we can possibly get too
    I dunno man, 10 people missing and RSL has points in 11 of their last 13 games.

I mean, we have enough talent but... who knows what we're actually going to see out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmm...data limits on twitter if you don't have a verified account (no, I am not paying $8 a month for that site) probably means some of the information flow pregame, during and post game will be harder to find.

Does anybody know where they announce the lineups apart from twitter?
    Good question. I was almost always able to find the line up on twitter without an account of any kind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I dunno man, 10 people missing and RSL has points in 11 of their last 13 games.

I mean, we have enough talent but... who knows what we're actually going to see out there.
    Oh it defies all logic and rationality but it feels nice to look at a match and feel...some kind of optimism and hope. Even if reality may soon crush it. It's been a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So, on a lighter note... For Terry Dunfield's debut in the TFC coach's box along the pitch's touchline, is he wearing an Adidas tracksuit and sneaks, no cap or does he go smart navy suit provided by his mother Sharon < own past reference? >, in white shirt and white sneaks?
    Vanney was not only our best manager but also our best dressed. Mariner was the greatest eyesore. BB, oddly to me, dressed as though he was an athlete in bad, informal workout gear. There is something to that… one of his ex-players said that after matches Bob would get on the exercise bike at the stadium as though he were an unused sub. The ex-player said it was difficult not to get on the bike as well or else be shamed. Total buy-in/high performance environment!
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-01-2023 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield mentioned Kosi Thompson by name in his first press conference and then Thompson was the player chosen for the post training press conference Thursday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson starts.

And O’Neil starts because Dunfield also mentioned him by name and then stated that he was not going to play anyone out of position. That he’d rather have young guys playing their proper positions than more experienced players out of position. So presumably not MAK at centre half nor (if we had him) Richie. Clearly the opposite approach to Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Dunfield mentioned Kosi Thompson by name in his first press conference and then Thompson was the player chosen for the post training press conference Thursday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson starts.

And O’Neil starts because Dunfield also mentioned him by name and then stated that he was not going to play anyone out of position. That he’d rather have young guys playing their proper positions than more experienced players out of position. So presumably not MAK at centre half nor (if we had him) Richie. Clearly the opposite approach to Bradley.
    I suspect we'll see Kaye and Thompson centrally. I'm not sure what Servania's strengths are, yet. I think he's just basically competent but never really stands out. But Thompson is pretty strong defensively.

If he plays a mid three, I'd probably want to see Kosi as the six and Servania/Kaye as twin eight pivots, as both seem better going forward than back. Plus, Kaye shouldn't be at the six; he's a decent marker and tackler but his passing is very suspect. In the last game, he had five bad outlet passes, all for sloppy reasons: wrong weight, spraying it wide, putting bounce on it, trying to force one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully someone here has their Twitter rate limit not hit so they can post the starting lineup. Thanks, Elon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Hopefully someone here has their Twitter rate limit not hit so they can post the starting lineup. Thanks, Elon.
    Either that or somebody tells Eric to also put the lineup on instagram.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm optimistic that under Dunfield we'll see a difference. Whether that is this game or next we'll see. There's always a lot of intangibles and things behind the scenes that affect a team's play. It's quite possible that the team was underperforming due to such factors, at times they certainly didn't seem to be trying to win. If the cause was related to BB we'll know pretty soon. If it's something else, I guess we'll see how the season plays out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Either that or somebody tells Eric to also put the lineup on instagram.....
    I usually get the lineup from Instagram, it should also be posted on Facebook normally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling we come out with a nice bump in pace & focus, and hopefully if role definition was ironed out along side the other stuff with proper clarity- we start to see a lot less confusion and panic in attack transitions or if we lose the ball how we regroup, and whether they can settle in on some consistency. Big question mark to me at least will be second half when rsl adjusts - and if were able to keep the bump going or if we drop focus and let in a bad goal or two. Either way, i'm feeling oddly optimistic and interested in how this rolls out.

Guess it also comes down to whether berna has shed his negative mood and sandbagging and gets back to expressive-on-field, happy Berna we saw in the first few weeks he landed, and whether Insigne can keep up form and build. The pints are ready lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I suspect we'll see Kaye and Thompson centrally. I'm not sure what Servania's strengths are, yet. I think he's just basically competent but never really stands out. But Thompson is pretty strong defensively.

If he plays a mid three, I'd probably want to see Kosi as the six and Servania/Kaye as twin eight pivots, as both seem better going forward than back. Plus, Kaye shouldn't be at the six; he's a decent marker and tackler but his passing is very suspect. In the last game, he had five bad outlet passes, all for sloppy reasons: wrong weight, spraying it wide, putting bounce on it, trying to force one.
    Agree that MAK is not a six. Thompson there with MAK and Servania makes sense given the slim pickings if we play three. I’m hoping Servania fulfills more of his promise within more set responsibilities.

Seems like Rajitsingh is the weakest link. I’d be more optimistic if we had at least one of our two keepers. Still, it’s going to be much more interesting than usually lately.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-01-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Really surprised Ayo didn't start.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello on the bench is ncie.

I have no idea what to expect tonight out of this team...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Was really hoping to see Luka get a chance, he has a possible future here, Ranjitsingh does not.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested to see what people on TSN say in their pregame about the firing compared to Apple.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also even more surprised Kerr didn't start on the right side. I rate him over Thompson (who I think belongs in MLS).