Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL could have easily won 4-0 or 4-1 tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not sign Richie as a DP unless teams can now hav 4, FIRE MANNING! Rebuild

Btw I love Richie, but we can’t make him a DP… this team is soooo broken

(Edit)
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-02-2023 at 07:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't expect much and pretty much got it.

This team has a mental problem - they watch the ball rather then the men around them - they don't find space & many don't run towards danger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kerr can still play.
    Coello can still play.
    Mabika had some good moments and would look better next to Hedges
    Ranjitsingh looks like a Sunday night men’s league keeper but he still made a stop when needed

We just need to make the tough decisions that have not yet been made. One of the itialians needs to go even if we eat partial salary. I’d rather have one Italian and a striker or one Italian plus Pozuelo than what we are doing right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Yes for sure. They have fooled the masses to pay tfc prices to watch tfc2 players
    Bill Manning is a very smart guy.
    Don’t let his act fool you he is very good at what he does. Make profit for tfc

What other result does anyone expect?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR at his best, is total shit. It's shameful he still gets a sniff. He really should be fighting Conway for who gets to pick up the balls after training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Yes for sure. They have fooled the masses to pay tfc prices to watch tfc2 players
    Bill Manning is a very smart guy.
    Don’t let his act fool you he is very good at what he does. Make profit for tfc

What other result does anyone expect?
    No way they’re making a profit with a half empty stadium every game and the Insigne and Bernadeschi contracts. This team is burning money and going nowhere fast. At least Kerr and Coello looked good, and Stefanovic was promising for a 16 year old, much better than any other Academy CB we’ve called up. Made a couple great tackles and seemed pretty composed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    The stats don't say that.

Like every single fan in the world, we overrate our xG, either when they miss or we miss.

Not going to care too much about the result of a game we were always likely to lose. Just can't anymore...too painful otherwise.

The hard work, the decision making about who is actually good and who has an upside...that starts after this game. I want to see if Hernandez is up to it. I don't think Dunfield is the long term answer to the manager situation but that team looked better then what BB would have provided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    JMR at his best, is total shit. It's shameful he still gets a sniff. He really should be fighting Conway for who gets to pick up the balls after training.
    I want to know who had this guy on their “top North American prospect in their year” list. Never smelled right. Years later he still looks like a boy unprepared to play with men.

Edit: Give me guys like Kerr and Franklin who work hard and hit the first team ready to play. I have seen too many “there’s something about that kid” prospects come out of the academy that we give too many minutes to. Nobel Okello can’t play a clean 90 but look at that potential. Jayden Nelson is a headless chicken but look at that potential. JMR is just another one in that bucket. He should clean up his game in the USL or MLS NP, then come back here when he’s ready.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-01-2023 at 08:40 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why we picking on JMR, lots more to be critical of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I don't think Dunfield is the long term answer to the manager situation but that team looked better then what BB would have provided.
    I didn't see it that way. Looked similar. Same issues from the start, same solution after the Insigne sub. Basically we're looking at another 2 year tear down & rebuild. We'll be average by 2026 if we don't balls it up like we usually do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAK and Akinola are not even good enough for the bench.

Entertaining match. Shitty result.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't succeed in MLS without a decent midfield and we ain't got one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Why we picking on JMR, lots more to be critical of.
    Because he was the answer to Insigne leaving and is hyped but is & was shit. Whenever he is out there I know we're not seriously trying to win. We're at best hoping he increases his potential for a sale but that's not happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning has to go and now. We need to rebuild the culture and team. Start sending emails and make calls to TFC demanding changes. Can we make protest posters to bring to the stadium to get Manning fired. Enough is enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is poorly constructed. They have spent more money than anyone else and will have to pay others to take these players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    No way they’re making a profit with a half empty stadium every game and the Insigne and Bernadeschi contracts. This team is burning money and going nowhere fast. At least Kerr and Coello looked good, and Stefanovic was promising for a 16 year old, much better than any other Academy CB we’ve called up. Made a couple great tackles and seemed pretty composed.
    27,000 tonight wirh about another couple thousand no shows that already paid via via season seats
    Paying all these tfc2 players peanuts. They are making money hand over fist.
    Take that bot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t wait for the renewal notices to come out (with either a mild increase (LOL) or a “we hear you” and keep prices as is - no more Liewickie price resets) - and then trying to sell us on Messi being the reason to keep our season seats as opposed to the other 19 games we pay for to watch our own team play, that are frankly almost unwatchable most nights.

I’ve been through many years of crap as a STH from before the “worst team in the world” days —- not sure I’ve ever felt less attached or more apathetic whether I go to games anymore which is really sad. It’s simply not enjoyable to watch most of the time.

Even worse than being angry is I’ve gotten to the point of not caring enough to keep getting angry every week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    27,000 tonight wirh about another couple thousand no shows that already paid via via season seats
    Paying all these tfc2 players peanuts. They are making money hand over fist.
    Take that bot
    They’re up at the cap and spend more on DP’s than any other team in the league… paying 10 players close to minimum doesn’t matter when it averages out to the 2nd highest payroll in the league. Concessions are down as well. Nice cope though, I thought sports betting guys are supposed to be good with numbers? You didn’t really do the math all the way through on this one.

Moving on, this game really emphasized the idea that having your 2 best players on opposite sides of the pitch does absolutely nothing for you. It’s the Insigne show in the 1st half and the Berna show in the 2nd. Berna needs to be moved centrally, having them be on opposite sides of a 4-4-2 is really terrible asset management

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious question

Is Peruzza really that much worse then Akinola that he get almost no minutes?

I mention this because I look at the passing map on this stat page & just cringe.

https://www.torontofc.ca/competition...-01-2023/stats
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-01-2023 at 09:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been saying it and will say it again, hope Luka gets a shot Tuesday night at Orlando. It is a a quick turnaround with really not much time to train, maybe one session and a Flight down Monday. Luka potentially has a future here, Greg simply does not.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said that right. A lot of hype and nothing to show. Bad passes, and when they were completed, they went backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like Kerr. Can he play the full 90, or at least more than his brief sub on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LI was on a different wave length much of the time. He would make a very short pass, and then sprint into an open spot…expecting a quick pass back. Most of the time, it never happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    One of the Italians needs to go even if we eat partial salary. I’d rather have one Italian and a striker or one Italian plus Pozuelo than what we are doing right now.
    Yeah, I agree with this.

Nice to see Coello back. At the moment he’s probably our best midfielder. Coello and Osorio.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-01-2023 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    How the fuck does this keep happening?
    This time was just the "Canada Day Curse", lol.
    Would've happened even if TFC would have been in the Supporter's Shield race this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Kerr can still play.
    Coello can still play.
    Mabika had some good moments and would look better next to Hedges
    Ranjitsingh looks like a Sunday night men’s league keeper but he still made a stop when needed

We just need to make the tough decisions that have not yet been made. One of the itialians needs to go even if we eat partial salary. I’d rather have one Italian and a striker or one Italian plus Pozuelo than what we are doing right now.
    If we could we should move both Italians and go full rebuild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This game makes me realize how boring TFC played under BB. The excitement level is much higher than any BB game this season.
    We weren’t any better but it was much easier to watch, we actually had a chance to win. The late goal sucked the wind out of it but at least it was an entertaining night out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    If we could we should move both Italians and go full rebuild

Agree, until now they are playing like any club in the World would be fu-cked in their judgement to pay Insingne more that USD 4 mil per season, and to Berna more than USD 2 mil per season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the light of the day after

Never good to lose

&

That could have been a heck of a lot worse