0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be another Loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to root for losing under any circumstances. I’ve completely resisted doing it.

But I hope the players role over like they did for Armas and we get smoked. Rid our football team of this imposter and his boss.

It’s the best hope we have of salvaging this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is getting harder to watch these days....but I still will. Sucker for punishment I guess. So many changes in the team over the past year or so and yet still such uninspired football being played with just flashes here and there for excitement. Tired of watching other teams figure it out and playing well as a team all with less resources than our team has.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're still paying Jozy right? Maybe he can play both sides this match?

I wish Tajon was playing but he's still in like a fairytale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    We're still paying Jozy right? Maybe he can play both sides this match?

I wish Tajon was playing but he's still in like a fairytale.
    How many times in history have two teams met where both teams are paying the same players salary and he plays for neither side?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    How many times in history have two teams met where both teams are paying the same players salary and he plays for neither side?
    There's a Merit Ozil joke in here somewhere....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could very well be Richie’s last game for TFC. At least we can see him at BMO for Canada on the 27th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    wanna know you no more

Have at It Peopple
    I think you wanted to write "Sat June 24th" in the title.

Thanks for always posting these threads!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think you wanted to write "Sat June 24th" in the title.

Thanks for always posting these threads!!
    Yup meant to put in the date....although each game sort of feels like a whole month right now..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really do hope it's Bob's last game, or I have to seriously question if MLSE even bothers to check any stats let alone the standings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s hard to imagine what the line up will be tomorrow, considering all the absences. If all the questionables are out tomorrow, we might be seeing:

Ranjitsingh
    O’Neill————-Mabika———-Rosted
    Berna-Thompson-Kaye-JMR-Insigne
    Kerr-—Sapong

Hard to see it going well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheres Hedges? Could avoid humiliation if hes available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Wheres Hedges? Could avoid humiliation if hes available.
    He’s questionable for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this instance, I think the questionable are, more than possible, suspect probable, to play. The question... will it be the full or parts of a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    In this instance, I think the questionable are, more than possible, suspect probable, to play. The question... will it be the full or parts of a match.

So why were people posting about this may be Richie's last match in TFC colors?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    So why were people posting about this may be Richie's last match in TFC colors?
    Ritchie's last game as it stands was likely Wednesday. On my way to the Jays game last night I saw him downtown. Team Canada arriving in Toronto yesterday. With his loan expiring on Friday, guess things have to be figured out, but I am not expecting him to the Reds, in honest at this point there are likely better places for him to be.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game tonight could break me. I can’t watch it.

The 7-1 game in 2021 was different, even though it got Armas fired, I personally didn’t get upset. Hard to remember exactly why other than everything seemed weird in covid and could be forgiven or forgotten in some sense.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seen the media TFC released about tonight's game with two American football helmets clashing? This club is so odd with the marketing ideas. They fall so short of what they should be doing and trying to connect with the supporters and casuals to get them excited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Has anyone seen the media TFC released about tonight's game with two American football helmets clashing? This club is so odd with the marketing ideas. They fall so short of what they should be doing and trying to connect with the supporters and casuals to get them excited
    the whole club has gone to shit.its actually getting embarrassing on and off the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

The 7-1 game in 2021 was different, even though it got Armas fired, I personally didn’t get upset. Hard to remember exactly why other than everything seemed weird in covid and could be forgiven or forgotten in some sense.
    I left a message for my source yesterday about Michael getting his badges and conveyed the general consensus that appointing him here would be catastrophic to both his legacy and the fans' already soured general mood. Haven't heard back. That's not uncommon in terms of the time lag but it's a bit unnerving.

I can't really figure this out. No human being with enough intelligence, in one form or another, to get to his managerial level can possibly be so stubborn as to not realize it's the offensive set that isn't working. The defense is usually pretty solid, the possession is excellent when the players still think they're in it.

It's the movement around the box. It's not that the Italians don't put danger balls in, it's that there's never ever anyone there. They try three or four at the beginning of the game, then give up and start trying to do it themselves. Everyone hangs deep, at the top of the box in the case of the striker, even further back in the case of the midfielders. No one attacks the posts. No one attacks the spot.

It doesn't make any sense. Either a) they're being told to always patiently set up and pen the other team in until a closer chance prevails, which would obviously be moronic, and just seems unlikely; or b) pros with years of experience don't know when to attack the box or c) there's some shit going on here that we all are not seeing, some fight over how the offense is run, or some other political shit going on.

I mean, maybe he's svengali-like enough that Bob literally is doing a "Hoosiers" -- like Gene Hackman leaving only four men out because the fifth disrespected the team, he's making them play the offense as always probing from the top of the box until they learn it.

But ... we're eighteen games in. On his SECOND season. This is absolute madness.

Is he deliberately tanking himself, trying to convince them they should punt him up to just sporting director to clear the way for Michael? I know, it's soap opera conspiracy nuts. But I'm starting to lose any rational thread to any of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Other than the opportunity cost and what we've pissed away to me its the gaslighting. I don't care if you're crap but this is "you can piss on my face but don't tell me it's raining", it's the gaslighting that makes me have genuine contempt for the organization

The lies about how everything was great before the athletic article dropped from our "press", the soft ball questions of asking people if the father son dynamic is a problem...in front of them...on a recorded interview...and publishing the answer like it proved something. The pretending a stadium I can see is half empty is fucking full. The pretending being near the play offs with the richest squad in the league is somehow success when everyone makes the fucking play offs. It's the constant reality denying north Korean media esque gaslighting and complete lack of taking any responsibility for what's happening. It's the fact that this team is put second to the egos of the Bradley's and, and most won't agree with this, I don't think either has done nearly enough to deserve the deity treatment they get and now the fact that it may take years more of garbage to move past them

I can root for a player who is shit but trying. But rooting for an organization that is constantly trying to shovel shit down my throat is alot harder.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 06-24-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should all just agree to stop watching this team and meet back here in 30 days, haha.

Probably better for our blood pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We should all just agree to stop watching this team and meet back here in 30 days, haha.

Probably better for our blood pressure.
    Surprised the bookies are even taking bets on this, we'll get the same post game comments from Bob like last game, and this will continue until he is sacked.

We're stuck on groundhog day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Surprised the bookies are even taking bets on this, we'll get the same post game comments from Bob like last game, and this will continue until he is sacked.

We're stuck on groundhog day.
    Maybe he should try the old toaster in the bathtub trick. That should put an end to our woes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think we'd have a chance at this game if Bob Bradley died in the bathtub? The entire team, including the Italians, are garbage. Ladt game, Insigne had a wide open Kerr at the top of the 6, but instead tried a crazy shot that wasn't even on net...and so it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so Bob, Michael, fake son, the Italians, all in the bathtub.

Andre Lombardo comes back and does a pre-game ayahuasca ceremony with our strikers. We explode for 8 goals and go on to win the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I left a message for my source yesterday about Michael getting his badges and conveyed the general consensus that appointing him here would be catastrophic to both his legacy and the fans' already soured general mood. Haven't heard back. That's not uncommon in terms of the time lag but it's a bit unnerving.

I can't really figure this out. No human being with enough intelligence, in one form or another, to get to his managerial level can possibly be so stubborn as to not realize it's the offensive set that isn't working. The defense is usually pretty solid, the possession is excellent when the players still think they're in it.

It's the movement around the box. It's not that the Italians don't put danger balls in, it's that there's never ever anyone there. They try three or four at the beginning of the game, then give up and start trying to do it themselves. Everyone hangs deep, at the top of the box in the case of the striker, even further back in the case of the midfielders. No one attacks the posts. No one attacks the spot.

It doesn't make any sense. Either a) they're being told to always patiently set up and pen the other team in until a closer chance prevails, which would obviously be moronic, and just seems unlikely; or b) pros with years of experience don't know when to attack the box or c) there's some shit going on here that we all are not seeing, some fight over how the offense is run, or some other political shit going on.

I mean, maybe he's svengali-like enough that Bob literally is doing a "Hoosiers" -- like Gene Hackman leaving only four men out because the fifth disrespected the team, he's making them play the offense as always probing from the top of the box until they learn it.

But ... we're eighteen games in. On his SECOND season. This is absolute madness.

Is he deliberately tanking himself, trying to convince them they should punt him up to just sporting director to clear the way for Michael? I know, it's soap opera conspiracy nuts. But I'm starting to lose any rational thread to any of this.
    I don’t have any answers, or at least none that I haven’t already pointed to on this board over the past season and a half. There has almost always been an element of head scratching during BBradley’s time at the club. We do often look as good or better than teams much higher than us in the standings. But only in the first half and often not for the full 45 mins. Also, we don’t seem to have a striker capable of scoring even a single goal, let alone someone who might be given the respect of the Italians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Andre Lombardo comes back and does a pre-game ayahuasca ceremony with our strikers. We explode for 8 goals and go on to win the league.
    Maybe Andrea Lombardo is the answer ! Apt, somehow to think about our 16 year relationship to Italian footballers….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see the team went out as one last night to the TFC II match and did not go off in their own directions for the evening, or just hanging out in the hotel. I know its not much but it does say something to me.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!