Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I honestly believe Kaye's best position might be as a leftsided CB in a back three.
    His best position is retiring from the game and getting a real job !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    His best position is retiring from the game and getting a real job !
    None of us are ever giving up a contract where we make 700k to be awful at our job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We are playing a team without any natural CBs and without their best striker, by the way.
    Good thing our gameplan is to hold possession and create no chances then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian Gutierrez does exist?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BB Death watch thread hasn't been that active recently, this game should re-energize it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The highlight of this game might be the Guiterez sighting....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The BB Death watch thread hasn't been that active recently, this game should re-energize it.
    To be honest I think we are all resigned to the fact he isn't going until we are mathematically eliminated from playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“When the whole team gets fit and gets into form they can compete”

Honestly what kind of horseshit “Bob Bradley is Jesus” propaganda is that?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    To be honest I think we are all resigned to the fact he isn't going until we are mathematically eliminated from playoffs.
    Yeh, pretty much this

But there are other stories and things that need to change

I'm done with Bernadeschi, for example. The guy doesn't fit this team & I don't think he would fit any MLS team - he requires people to be in certain spaces to succeed & he's not that great a dribbler.

We don't have a decent threat from CF - lots of guys working hard but nobody that can make a difference.

Rosted is OK as a #3 - he ain't a #2

MAK is declining in capability in front of our eyes & he's taking up a space other mids should be in.

Not having a trusted non-international #2 is bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    “When the whole team gets fit and gets into form they can compete”

Honestly what kind of horseshit “Bob Bradley is Jesus” propaganda is that?
    It's just fucking dreadful. They are just Kool AId deep on Bob. HE BUILT THIS FUCKING TEAM. He's had three windows now.

Jesus H. If Bernardeschi is the problem, sit him. (Or maybe fucking play him at striker, the position he had most success at, at Fiorentina. Fuck me blind, this is not fucking rocket science).

Stop playing MAK at number six! He's a marginal eight. He's not good enough to play six.

And CJ Sapong... man, the dude works hard. But we knew that wasn't going to work, because he's very old and mediocre.

Kaye: Bob signing.

Rosted: Bob signing. Looks USL level.

Jimenez: Bob signing and he gave up on him early.

Two International Goalies: Bob signings.

When will it fucking end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did i miss something did oso play tonight or is our max tam player still the nat team

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso was one of the more effective players out there - as usual, we don't notice him but he was finding spaces to be an outlet in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team just needs a new coach, full stop.

They are all mentally burdened from watching their idiot fearless leader fail so many times they feel they’re on a death March. They aren’t all terrible players.

Coello should take MAK’s spot. That’s my thought.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Report so far

How are the backup GKs?

Looked ok but that drop is going to be in his head

Not able to handle this level - bring on the other guy

Mabika progress

Keeping on keeping on - not perfect but his positioning & stepping up has been good - lets see how he is with Rosted for a full half

Does OK - would really like to see him with Hedges for a long spell though

Can Berna get integrated with the attack?

Nope

Still nope - I'm done with him now - but I would say I find it funny all the "Berna is great" people don't comment on him anymore - he hasn't worked out

Will Insigne continue his quality work of late?

Doing OK and working really hard but gawd he needs a #9 who moves more his way - Sapong seems to only drift right

He's trying but again, he needs somebody to work off of - needs a Richie level FB behind him

How does MAK respond to the CanMNT situation?

OK defensively and getting in the right place to defence but his passing remains not good

Yeh, his passing decisions are just bad - he's not a 6 against a pressing team

How does BB react to game states in terms of formation changes & tactical adjustments & subs?

Too early

A few things tried but the 4-3-3 uber alles has to stop

Updates in RED

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updates in RED
    I really do want to see Luka Gavran, feel he has something to offer, had good movement, shot blocking skills. Now at the MLS Next Pro level you are never totally sure how that will translate at the higher level, but give the kid a chance.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    With the Larry T shares in play, with OMERS involved and Bodgers having first dibs no one probably even cares to check to see how BB is doing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I really do want to see Luka Gavran, feel he has something to offer, had good movement, shot blocking skills. Now at the MLS Next Pro level you are never totally sure how that will translate at the higher level, but give the kid a chance.
    Yeh, I agree - if they put Rajitsingh in on Saturday, its a wasted opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm sorry, Kaye's short passing is just atrocious. Unbelievably inaccurate and sloppy.
    But still gives the ball away less than Insigne and Bernadeschi.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two Italians can't play with team mates - and are so predictable a 7 year old watching all year would know exactly where they are going with the ball every time

Another case of signing names without checking character or what type of game they play

Manning was brought in to run the business now TFC is his fantasy team

I'll drive the two Bradleys to the airport anytime!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team cannot compete, there are so many flaws in its construction that there is nothing to build from. We have an old slow team with a lot of players overpaid for their skills. The Italian connection are good not great players when surrounded by a good midfield and below average with our present midfield. The existing TFC executives president, GM, coach etc are not the ones to rebuild it. So clean house at the top and then we are in a 2-3 rebuilding phase. We are not 1-2 players away we 8-10 players away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bright spots

Kobe Franklin

Guitterez sighting - seemed lively down that flank

Oso (I know, others disagree)

Insigne playing defence (he ran back on one of their breaks and did his job)

More time for Kerr & Thompson - they didn't mess up at least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    This team cannot compete, there are so many flaws in its construction that there is nothing to build from. We have an old slow team with a lot of players overpaid for their skills. The Italian connection are good not great players when surrounded by a good midfield and below average with our present midfield. The existing TFC executives president, GM, coach etc are not the ones to rebuild it. So clean house at the top and then we are in a 2-3 rebuilding phase. We are not 1-2 players away we 8-10 players away.
    A good coach can paper over the cracks and makes us competitive, but I don't think the core of this team has championship potential, the roster isn't built for consistency.

To many players have declined and are on big contracts, this job requires a new president, director of football, obviously a new coach, and wholesale changes to our scouting department.

This is a 2-3 year project, we can shorten that if by some miracle a middle eastern club wants our designated players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Larry selling his piece to omers might be bad news. He was at least visible around the club, excited about our years of playoff runs and success- and at least provided a figurehead behind the big corporate ownership, even if it was a minority stake. Might still suck if bogers exercises first right

OMERs taking that piece of the pie gives me conservative spending ‘don’t rock the boat’ vibes during the teachers pension plan years.

a bit off topic sorry - but I didn’t see that in the news until a poster mentioned it above. I’m envious for the clubs that have an Arthur blank passion investor
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 06-21-2023 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we get shut out by a gaddis/powell cb combo cinci brings in a 15 yr old can it get any more embarrassing.
    btw bb has a lower point per game ratio than winter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to post opinion tweets from lesser known sources (appreciating whoever runs this account does a good job covering TFC) but I could not agree with this more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I hate to post opinion tweets from lesser known sources (appreciating whoever runs this account does a good job covering TFC) but I could not agree with this more.
    and its not even close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this season feels so much like the Aron Winter days, probably due to the 4-3-3 formation. Funnily enough, I looked into our 2011 season. After matchday 19, our record was 3W - 7L - 9D. We literally have 1 point more at this stage in the season, with the leagues highest salary, 2 high end DP's, and a league with arguably much more parity as there are 11 more teams to dilute the talent pool.

Just take a look at this lineup from the 19th game of that season.

This season is so pathetic in so many ways. I also look at Montreal to see how they're doing. #1. They are spending roughly 36% of the amount we are on salary. #2. They have no specific player draw (major DP). #3 They sold nearly all of their highest performers last year. #4 Their stadium is REGULARLY full. #5. They're completely outperforming TFC in what feels like every fashion. How is this possible and acceptable?

The only thing that keeps me watching football is that usually there's only one game a week, meaning just one chance to feel completely disappointed. Having said that, ever since 2018 we've been so wishy washy and mediocre which has now devolved into full on regular disfunction. I've defended wanting some consistency before but this is too much. This team needs a complete overall starting at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God that was amateur ugly - nobody marking their best player after a FK. Mabika getting beat for pace and not making the play - Singh just gettting beat between his legs was the least egregious of those errors.
    I tuned out after that 3rd goal, and switched to the 360 show instead. Impressed with watching 4 games at a time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    I'll drive the two Bradleys to the airport anytime!
    Yes, but without adding Bill Manning to that glorious mix ("the three TFC musketeers"), we would have done almost nothing regarding the immediate, medium and long-term future of TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The impotence in scoring goals and creating a minimal acceptable good enough chances per match is amazing!
    The starting 11 of TFC for this match could not score in a who.re house even if 110 who.res were lined up waiting naked in the lobby...
    (sorry for the rant).

Of course that besides the non-existent tactics/coaching of Bob for this the culprit is (look again at BB, but also at BM) the fact that we have a lots, too many of so called "forwards", but IMO not a single one of them is better (at least this season) than a 3rd choice forward in pecking order for any of the first 15-16 MLS teams in the East+West standings.