Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ A PR indication/warning to MLS as to what may happen at some in-season away CFIM matches if Messi does not make the pitch if dressed and on the bench or is even an unexpected no-show/scratch?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-04-2024 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    https://montrealgazette.com/sports/s...of-2024-season

As of December 12, the renovations are going forward.
    Further updates… ‘Closed for four years(!)’ and…

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-06-2024 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Busquets injured in the latest exhibition loss. Might be out for weeks with an ankle injury, apparently. Central defender Kryvstov might be out, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Busquets injured in the latest exhibition loss. Might be out for weeks with an ankle injury, apparently. Central defender Kryvstov might be out, too.
    Man, a preseason world tour with these players?… would be more appropriate to stay in Miami the whole time and not leave the hotel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Man, a preseason world tour with these players?… would be more appropriate to stay in Miami the whole time and not leave the hotel.
    They seem so fragile they'd probably get injured stepping off an elevator.

That's what happens post 35 to athletes.

But the entire tour was just a ridiculous, stupid thing to do in Miami's first season with Messi. Get the team humming first; fix the deficiencies, win regularly in MLS. Then go touring around the world.

Even then, I question the wisdom of a tour in which only two games (El Salvador and Hong Kong IX) are guaranteed wins. Preseasons are about building confidence. Instead, they've gone without beating a single professional team (the Hong Kong IX are mostly retired players from Europe and the region) and have lost potential five key players.

Utter Madness.

It's like they're being run by MLSE or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They seem so fragile they'd probably get injured stepping off an elevator.

That's what happens post 35 to athletes.

But the entire tour was just a ridiculous, stupid thing to do in Miami's first season with Messi. Get the team humming first; fix the deficiencies, win regularly in MLS. Then go touring around the world.

Even then, I question the wisdom of a tour in which only two games (El Salvador and Hong Kong IX) are guaranteed wins. Preseasons are about building confidence. Instead, they've gone without beating a single professional team (the Hong Kong IX are mostly retired players from Europe and the region) and have lost potential five key players.

Utter Madness.

It's like they're being run by MLSE or something.
    Either poor judgment and greed to milk an asset - or its a symptom showing that the Messi Era in MLS isn't as profitable as Apple/MLS/Miami show off that it is, and Mas/Beckham were forced into picking up side deals like a pre-season tour to help balance the books after their accountants/bankers/consultants showed them the actuals forecasts lol.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 02-08-2024 at 01:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messi effect is unreal

In Marrakesh now and Im seeing kids wearing Messi Inter Miami shirts and they are being sold

Messi is going to be milked by Inter Miami FO and MLS until Messi retires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All is good. TFC got Akinola and Mailula. For others, even when matters go bad, they don’t get worse. CFIM got Cremaschi, Farías (S-EIL?), Gómez and now might get a defensive destroyer…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyone sell their Messi tickets? I ended up with 340$ net for my 33$ tickets. Sold fast so prob left money on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, CDM Federico < EDIT: Redondo Solari of Juniors > has signed with CFIM. What a get. IMO, this is in MLS U-22 Thiago Almada MASSIVE territory!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-12-2024 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Apparently, CDM Federico Rotondo has signed with CFIM. What a get. IMO, this is in MLS U-22 Thiago Almada MASSIVE territory!
    Did you mean Federico Redondo, from Argentinos Juniors?

EDIT: The guy you mentioned above?

He's a young DM, so it's not going to be Almada-ish. But he had 49 appearances in the Argentine Premier last year at age 20, so he has to be decent.

Stories online have Miami sniffing around.

I did find a Rotondo reference at FC Porto youth, but there's no way he's an impact player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Yes. I meant Federico Redondo ‘Solari’ of Juniors. He comes from an extended family of footballers; some with Argentinian connects to Rosario and Newell’s Old Boys. Other X rumours suggesting it’s an all but done deal with CFIM. We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    That is probably the least shocking news I have heard in a while. They played financial suicide with the players they brought in and will pay the price come the season. They are only 2-3 injuries away from being completely screwed. They have zero money to plug any holes that may pop up during the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last chance for them to win a pre-season game against an actual pro team tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    That is probably the least shocking news I have heard in a while. They played financial suicide with the players they brought in and will pay the price come the season. They are only 2-3 injuries away from being completely screwed. They have zero money to plug any holes that may pop up during the year.
    Thinking Beckham in the short-term needs to focus more on work, MLS Capology, and less on building all those Adult Lego Sets that he posts about on the Insta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    So anyone sell their Messi tickets? I ended up with 340$ net for my 33$ tickets. Sold fast so prob left money on the table.
    Yes - Just today. Netted $540 for southend pair. Should pay for most of next year's seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking Beckham in the short-term needs to focus more on work, MLS Capology, and less on building all those Adult Lego Sets that he posts about on the Insta.
    There's talk today that Gregory wasn't enough, they still need to sell someone or maybe more than one player to meet roster compliance.

Jean Mota is a good player. He'd make us better instantly. Kryvstov was less convincing than his pedigree suggested last year but he'd still make us better.

And if they sell Robert Taylor, they've truly lost the plot. He was their best player yesterday, and is usually one of their best, when they bother to play him. That's a guy who could a job wide for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Simpatico with all you stated and suggested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League opener against RSL tonight.

Served them up a fat 'W' to start the year? RSL has lost several key players and not really replaced them, and they weren't very strong to begin with.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly the highlight of the night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Possibly the highlight of the night… https://twitter.com/HenryBushnell/st...84430458548301
    Player down; injured. Not right. Not GOAT-ish. Up by one. Not an intense club or personal rival. Regular season. Was the Replacement Ref a factor? Would PRO have blown the whistle earlier?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player down; injured. Not right. Not GOAT-ish. Up by one. Not an intense club or personal rival. Regular season. Was the Replacement Ref a factor? Would PRO have blown the whistle earlier?
    Nah I don't think there was anything wrong with the play, he went down and as he fell the Miami player stepped on his hand and he stayed down. I think any other team would have continued playing and not put the ball out..just happened that Messi got the ball and tried to dribble around him or chip it over and go around him. I thought the ref made the right call in that situation.

p.s. I feel the refs are not going to call anything against Messi, (I get in the grand scheme of things not a big deal) but he took the first throw in a minute or so into the game and his foot was so high off the ground for such an illegal throw...I've seen the prem have even been calling that this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Nah I don't think there was anything wrong with the play, he went down and as he fell the Miami player stepped on his hand and he stayed down. I think any other team would have continued playing and not put the ball out..just happened that Messi got the ball and tried to dribble around him or chip it over and go around him. I thought the ref made the right call in that situation.

p.s. I feel the refs are not going to call anything against Messi, (I get in the grand scheme of things not a big deal) but he took the first throw in a minute or so into the game and his foot was so high off the ground for such an illegal throw...I've seen the prem have even been calling that this year.
    He also won a yellow card the player didn't deserve. He goes down the split second he's touched.

But that game wasn't on the iffy reffing, just RSL playing dumbstruck. Mastroiani said after the game the players were basically dumbstruck by the moment until he told them at half time to actually press and put some effort in.

RSL dominated the second half, had 16 shots and managed to put all of two on frame.

If that second half was indicative, and it's not just jet lag, they're going to have trouble closing out games all year. Their collective legs were gone by the 55th minute.

That Redondo signing could be huge for them, though, a 6/8 who can control a game when the old guys are out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done. Crazy. The young talent they attract and get…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I find hyper capitalism and billionaire culture utterly contemptible, you have to respect this person's understanding of human nature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Yedlin to FC Cincinnati, Doyle posits Sergi Roberto to IMCF.

https://twitter.com/MattDoyle76/stat...18771056312783

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

‘Good Life, Good Life, Good Life’… A happy Messi…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrea Lombardo! Andrea Lombardo! Andrea Lombardo! Andrea Lombardo!