Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit man. 3 out of 5 available subs. Lots of chances missed in the first half. Many guys gassed and/or unmotivated second half, and zero ideas from Bob or anyone. DPs bouncing free kicks off the wall etc. So little belief towards the end. Insigne and others often slowing down the play until Nashville has regained the perfect defensive posture. Argh!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is that the biggest gaffe in TFC GK history? I cannot think of anything that bad….
    Bono @ Miami

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fede was pretty selfish all night, trying to do too much, not making the smart, quick passes.

He just wants to be the hero too much and it repeatedly cost us around the box.

Johnson's error was atrocious, one of the worst a TFC goalie has ever made.

Another good start, another bad finish.

Tonight, he should've taken out Fede around min 75 when he stopped getting back into the play quickly. Insigne was guilty of that a little at the end as well, the frustration obvious.

I thought the rest of the team generally played well. We created enough chances to win it in the first half.

I will say, as hard as he works I don't think Sapong has any quickness left, so getting a solid foot on stuff in the box is proving hard for him. We really, really, really need a starting striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Mabika keeps building confidence and keeps playing this way - him and hedges holding this form would be a nice surprise, he’s definitely been playing higher than his 300k garber bucks fee cost us.

based on that tsn interview, seems a pretty calm and well spoken presence too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nvm.
    Last edited by Richard; 06-11-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Twellman didn’t hold back on apart from Insigne’s goal that he and Bernadeschi have to do a lot better , could not believe how many times Insigne and especially Bernadeschi gave up the ball . Totally agree especially Bernadeschi, even on the Nashville goal a big blunder by Johnson but it was Bernadeschi who gave up possession to Nashville in a critical area .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no clue how petretta sat on the bench so much...has to be starting...his off the ball movement is a step above...first half it ended up with him getting a ball in front of goal...the combos with insigne bernardeschi are pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three straight games our lone u-22 player hasn't played. Ayo should actually start giving half his salary to Pozuelo at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the stadium - we were the better team - until their goal sequence.

After that, we were about even.

Oso is sooo good

Bernadeschi though.... so many needless give aways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tie-rontoFC.

Will never move up the table at this rate.

BB needs to go. So sick of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These draws are so brutal, it's doing just enough to keep a completely dead management team running the show while not doing enough to actually get us into a good position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is that the biggest gaffe in TFC GK history? I cannot think of anything that bad….
    Worst was probably the Alex Bono one where he kicked it off the opponent and into the net (which should have been a goal, despite the ref incorrectly calling it back) I still consider that to be the worst even though it didn't count because it should've. At least this was a shot that should've been saved that play by Bono was worse than an Own goal.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/no-goal-jesus-medina-nycfc-71st-minute
    Last edited by rydermike; 06-10-2023 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember an Alex bono one I want to say away to San Jose that was worse, shot right at him and he just misjudged it so much he somehow didn't even touch it. We somehow lost while against 9 men as a result, too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the stadium - we were the better team - until their goal sequence.
    Maybe for 50 minutes tops. We were poor mostly the whole second half. One team adjusted and the other doesn't have to apparently. And Osorio was invisible at best. Nothing good or bad came from him other than reaming out Bernardeschi. That was his high point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I remember an Alex bono one I want to say away to San Jose that was worse, shot right at him and he just misjudged it so much he somehow didn't even touch it. We somehow lost while against 9 men as a result, too
    I will always remember that one, SJ had 2 red cards on Endoh. Was in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. Stayed up into the late hours watching this, was not a good night for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe for 50 minutes tops. We were poor mostly the whole second half. One team adjusted and the other doesn't have to apparently. And Osorio was invisible at best. Nothing good or bad came from him other than reaming out Bernardeschi. That was his high point.
    Isnt that the pattern for thi season? TFC have decent first haves even first 80s but then are a complete mess in late games. Have they held on to a lead at all this year? Its like Bradley doesnt know how to make defensive adjustments

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butterfingers goalkeeping. Whatever. Hadn't been to a game in a while till tonight. What happened to the south stands? 6 flags in the old inibriati section, that was it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Both Shaff and Lukas start for Nashville.
    And Lovitz also. Three former TFC players. Shaff had a big turnout of family come out. He came over to the east stands after the game to greet everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure which game you were watching but Osorio had a great match. Much needed skilled player not afraid to pass the ball to someone other than Berna and Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should have won that one. First 30 mins or so, most of the play was in their half. Muktar was hardly on the ball the entire match. First Nashville shot on target in the 65th minute. They showed very little, I thought, overall.

The ‘tendencies’ are: no adjustments from us, next to no subs, relatively tired legs, we give up goals in the last 30 mins or less. We need a little more help from our coach. And we still need a striker who is capable of scoring.

It was good to see Osorio back. Man, he really is Bradley’s workhorse… not unlike the beginning of the season when he was playing 90 after missing training camp. At least he was playing in the midfield this time.

At some point as things wore on I thought: it’s a good thing we have a good keeper now because we’re going to need him… at least we know (we hope) the blunders are few and far between. Bono had become so chronically bad that he effected much more than his ‘own’ play - general confidence, etc. But again another draw that should have been a win.

Twellman was talking about how quiet the atmosphere was, the most subdued he’d seen. Question for someone who was there: Did it feel like that in the stadium?
    Last edited by los sonadores; 06-11-2023 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Twellman was talking about how quiet the atmosphere was, the most subdued he’d seen. Question for someone who was there: Did it feel like that in the stadium?
    It's kind of felt like that all year so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio is on another level. No wonder kaye didn’t get the call up to Canada. Just absolutely awful the last couple games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's kind of felt like that all year so far.
    The stadium felt a bit busier to me yesterday but then watching the highlights this morning the stands looked somewhat empty. The drummers in 114 drone on for the full 90 so that’s pretty much what i hear game in game out, but yeah from the highlights BMO seemed rather lifeless

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Butterfingers goalkeeping. Whatever. Hadn't been to a game in a while till tonight. What happened to the south stands? 6 flags in the old inibriati section, that was it.
    They lost a few family members about a month ago due to those Montreal fights.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

Hard to tell for me because I'm in 116 so it always sounds engaged. As others have mentionned, the Ineb V.2 people are pissed off right now & not as vocal as they have been but the rest are still bringing it.

As for the rest of the stadium - there's a lot of people there in every section. They made the West sway a few weeks ago - noticable on TV during the one match. But loud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the 114 issues started earlier in the season when Eli left the Capo stand, I haven’t noticed much difference after the Kaye incident. It used to be sing for 90 in the section its now drum for 90 with the banda mid stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We deserved a better fate last night. It's tough to be critical of Johnson considering his stellar play overall this season, but that was all on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we need something positive to say here, so this will be my post game Mabika idol worship post. 3 goal-line clearances in 2 games? Chasing guys down with pace and covering all over the field?

Also impressed that we kept it together without Hedges in the lineup. Whenever we did that in the past, with O’Neil, MacNaughton, or anyone else, it was an instant tire-fire.

By the looks of it, we have a legit CB starter here who could be around for a decade. Please extend his contract now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I know we need something positive to say here, so this will be my post game Mabika idol worship post. 3 goal-line clearances in 2 games? Chasing guys down with pace and covering all over the field?

Also impressed that we kept it together without Hedges in the lineup. Whenever we did that in the past, with O’Neil, MacNaughton, or anyone else, it was an instant tire-fire.

By the looks of it, we have a legit CB starter here who could be around for a decade. Please extend his contract now.
    The unfortunate flip side to Mabika’s success, is that it appears Rosted is another failed signing of Bob’s that has regressed as the seasons progressed and is eating up a large chunk of roster space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Mabika has been impressive. And I agree - no one has been talking about the back four but we’ve been good without Hedges for the first time. Layrea and a kid who was pretty much unknown and has arrived recently and then Franklin who seems to be a real talent. Only Petretta was expected to be in there (and he played well too, I thought).

I don’t miss Macnaughton at all and O’Neil has been middling to poor since he arrived.

All the most recent signings and call ups have been unusually good. That hasn’t been the issue at all. I don’t know, replace the Italians with Vela and Rossi and are we near the top of the table?